Deontay Wilder/Tyson Fury Official

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
have

Have you fought before? Have you been around the business and know the internal politics? Real talk, you can have a coach in your gym that is way better than your coach, but your coach will block the gifted coach from working with you, believing the gifted coach will steal you from the head coach. Say what you want, but if you ever boxed before, you know you are always learning. Now, if you are hard headed, then you might not learn as much. Or the scenario above, or whatever the issue is. Dude, you can learn no matter what age. Further, I know Mark been around for years, but he isn't there to teach Wilder, he is there to guide him through the fight.
Maybe he just can't fucking box. If it were that easy, everyone who steps inside a boxing gym would be a great boxer. But that's not the case. Wilder relies on his punching power. Let's say he didn't have that power. Perhaps he never even makes it past journeyman. Unless you believe those cats just want to suck at boxing.

Yes, you can learn no matter the age. But on a world class level, the shit is just different. There are people in the NBA who will never, ever, ever, ever be able to shoot threes good. Bring in all the coaches you want. Use AI algorithms. Pray to all the gods. Won't make a fucking difference. They still NBA-level talent, but just won't ever be great shooters.

And Fury is a fucking beast on top of that. He can box, and that shit travels. Meaning he can use that shit on the defensive or take it with him and be the aggressor. :smh:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Even Tyson and Ali lost :dunno:

Not like this, Wilder got destroyed for like 5-6 straight rounds, he got beat so bad that his corner threw in the towel “QUIT” and people are saying that was the right move. When you get beat to that point I don’t see how you come back and I definitely know nobody is gonna pay $80 to see a rematch

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To be fair, even though we know Wilder’s not the better boxer. Many of us thought it’d be a quick fight with Wilder learning from the last fight and knocking Fury out in the first few rounds.

Obviously that didn’t happen.

I think that did happen. Fury said Wilder had a much better jab and saw improvements. Wilder assumed Fury wasn’t going to make any adjustments and didn’t believe his game plan to come forward and try to hurt him. However, Fury fought a different fight and Wilder had no answer for that.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That fight is almost on the level of the Rhonda Rousey vs Holley Holmes fight as far as the hype and outcome. They‘d been touting Wider as the hardest puncher in history, saying he’d beat Mike Tyson and was one of the greatest boxers ever; he was backing them up by believing the hype and doing all that trash talk, AND THEN he goes in there and gets beat so bad that they have to throw in the towel. I still don’t see how people would want to see a Wilder-Fury 3 after a boxers corner THROWS IN THE DAMN TOWEL!!!!

41/43 boxers couldn’t hang with Deontay before last night so the hype was justified. However, Wilder losing is not on the same level as Rousey’s loss to Holmes. Brothas on here were divided if Wilder lost the first fight, so in hindsight last night wasn’t surprising....

In regards to a Wilder Fury 3 it depends on what Wilder does next. If word comes out that he’s being trained by a legendary trainer folks will get interested again.

Looks like Fury is going to need a new coach because Sugar Hill says he will retire, that’s also interesting....

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that did happen. Fury said Wilder had a much better jab and saw improvements. Wilder assumed Fury wasn’t going to make any adjustments and didn’t believe his game plan to come forward and try to hurt him. However, Fury fought a different fight and Wilder had no answer for that.

He definitely didn’t have an answer and was backing up the entire fight.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not like this, Wilder got destroyed for like 5-6 straight rounds, he got beat so bad that his corner threw in the towel “QUIT” and people are saying that was the right move. When you get beat to that point I don’t see how you come back and I definitely know nobody is gonna pay $80 to see a rematch

Come on now you not a real boxing fan thinking this. Shit Lennox got knocked out, Vladimir got dragged a few times looking crazy, Frazier got destroyed by Foreman, Foreman got clowned by Ali. It happens to the best of them. Styles make fights. Anything can happen in the next fight if you make adjustments.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Maybe he just can't fucking box. If it were that easy, everyone who steps inside a boxing gym would be a great boxer. But that's not the case. Wilder relies on his punching power. Let's say he didn't have that power. Perhaps he never even makes it past journeyman. Unless you believe those cats just want to suck at boxing.

Yes, you can learn no matter the age. But on a world class level, the shit is just different. There are people in the NBA who will never, ever, ever, ever be able to shoot threes good. Bring in all the coaches you want. Use AI algorithms. Pray to all the gods. Won't make a fucking difference. They still NBA-level talent, but just won't ever be great shooters.

And Fury is a fucking beast on top of that. He can box, and that shit travels. Meaning he can use that shit on the defensive or take it with him and be the aggressor. :smh:
You know how much shit I wish I could learn RIGHT NOW? Lmao there's a thing called reality that can.smack you in the face, especially in competitive sports. Most of us can fudge shit that we didn't learn in our jobs and fall back on the stuff we do know. Not in a sport like that. Shit you don't know, the other guy will punish you for. Some forms of muscle memory take YEARS to truly settle in. Some footwork, punch sequences, etc. They take real breakthroughs, and in some cases , they have to be literally MOLDED into your body as it grows. He would have to break habits and replace them with new ones. That's physically and mentally taxing.

34 isn't too old to learn how to do anything, but you won't catch up to someone who's been doing it since 12.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That fight is almost on the level of the Rhonda Rousey vs Holley Holmes fight as far as the hype and outcome. They‘d been touting Wider as the hardest puncher in history, saying he’d beat Mike Tyson and was one of the greatest boxers ever; he was backing them up by believing the hype and doing all that trash talk, AND THEN he goes in there and gets beat so bad that they have to throw in the towel. I still don’t see how people would want to see a Wilder-Fury 3 after a boxers corner THROWS IN THE DAMN TOWEL!!!!
His path back will be, to beat the fuck out of Andy Ruiz within first five rounds. Then immediately challenge the Loser of the Fury vs Joshua fight. Once he wins these two fights then the Public will demand a rematch against Fury or a title shot vs Joshua it will be written as a great boxing redemption story. He will have a second resurgence that could last another 7 fights and over 300 million in fight purse. They tried this with Mike Tyson but he wasn’t mentally strong enough to get back after Cus died.

For my fellow tin foil hat wearers
After reading Bob Arum tweets I am convinced this was the game plan to fuck the fans out of the money so everyone can continue to eat off of us for years. If Wilder wins this fight it’s years of Joshua ducking and dodging. The Heavyweight division goes back to being the shittiest division in boxing. However now we will have a slate of mega fight through 2022.

Last edited:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Come on now you not a real boxing fan thinking this. Shit Lennox got knocked out, Vladimir got dragged a few times looking crazy, Frazier got destroyed by Foreman, Foreman got clowned by Ali. It happens to the best of them. Styles make fights. Anything can happen in the next fight if you make adjustments.

‘Do you see the names you are using Foreman vs Frazier, Foreman vs Ali, I know the best have gotten beaten/knocked out but they have been hyping this fight up so much and then the fighter goes out and gets beat like a drum for 5-6 rounds until finally his corner says WE QUIT, tell me when that has happened to a fighter with this type of hype. You can’t say he took Fury lightly and didn’t train, can’t say it was a lose fight, a fighter that they were saying could beat Mike Tyson went in and got beat so bad that they had to stop the fight

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nah, Teddy’s been saying the same things for the longest.

Yeah. Somehow they should've exposed him to this stuff earlier so he wouldve been able to realize how serious it was. But then again, the economics of the situation would've been different. Overall, Better to get that money and get out.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Do you see the names you are using Foreman vs Frazier, Foreman vs Ali, I know the best have gotten beaten/knocked out but they have been hyping this fight up so much and then the fighter goes out and gets beat like a drum for 5-6 rounds until finally his corner says WE QUIT, tell me when that has happened to a fighter with this type of hype. You can’t say he took Fury lightly and didn’t train, can’t say it was a lose fight, a fighter that they were saying could beat Mike Tyson went in and got beat so bad that they had to stop the fight

He got beat by the better guy. He didn’t quit. He still had heart, a big right hand and kept getting up. That’s the heart of a champion just like the greats. He just needs a better strategy and he still may not win. Losing may be the best thing for him. He assumed he didn’t need anything but a right hand. Now he sees he can be beat just doing that. We’ll see what happens next.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
You know how much shit I wish I could learn RIGHT NOW? Lmao there's a thing called reality that can.smack you in the face, especially in competitive sports. Most of us can fudge shit that we didn't learn in our jobs and fall back on the stuff we do know. Not in a sport like that. Shit you don't know, the other guy will punish you for. Some forms of muscle memory take YEARS to truly settle in. Some footwork, punch sequences, etc. They take real breakthroughs, and in some cases , they have to be literally MOLDED into your body as it grows. He would have to break habits and replace them with new ones. That's physically and mentally taxing.

34 isn't too old to learn how to do anything, but you won't catch up to someone who's been doing it since 12.
The bottom line is someone would have taught him already. It's as simple as that. This ain't a fucking Rocky movie where limitations are overcome and a cat becomes world class at something just by changing trainers/training methods.

Folks always assume that trainers haven't tried something. His trainers probably been like :smh: "If only he could actually learn boxing" for years.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yup. There's a recency bias going on right now. Wilder lost. He got.beat the fuck up.It was always a possibility. We knew he had holes. Everyone knew they were there but no one could exploit them. Fury coudlnt even donut well enough before. This time he did. It happens. No one is above an ass kicking , unless they just stay out the ring.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
The bottom line is someone would have taught him already. It's as simple as that. This ain't a fucking Rocky movie where limitations are overcome and a cat becomes world class at something just by changing trainers/training methods.

Folks always assume that trainers haven't tried something. His trainers probably been like :smh: "If only he could actually learn boxing" for years.
Lol right. Someone in this thread actually mentioned the Rocky movie.

"Just tie his right hand to his body and make him learn to use the left."

My dude that takes YEARS to do proficiently. And try telling a guy that while he's knocking fools the fuck out, and earning millions.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah. Somehow they should've exposed him to this stuff earlier so he wouldve been able to realize how serious it was. But then again, the economics of the situation would've been different. Overall, Better to get that money and get out.

The bottom vid will be four years old this year. I understand what he’s been doing made him millions and made him the heavyweight champ. But more should’ve been done to make him a more well rounded and fundamentally sound fighter.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
End if the day, if a guy like Wilder could just start As late as he did and become better than world class fighters, comijg through amateur ranks and trainers with CENTURIIES of developments , boxing would be a sham. It's almost as bad as if Conor Mcgregor had beaten Floyd.

Its like, fuck all that technique. All ya need is a punch.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
The bottom vid will be four years old this year. I understand what he’s been doing made him millions and made him the heavyweight champ. But more should’ve been done to make him a more well rounded and fundamentally sound fighter.
It WAS. He just couldn't close ALL those gaps in this amount of time. We can't kid ourselves thinking we know something all his trainers didn't know. We SAW when they brought Breland in. You SEE teddy saying it. Everyone knew. There's a difference in knowing and doing, and even bigger difference in accomplishing.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It WAS. He just couldn't close ALL those gaps in this amount of time. We can't kid ourselves thinking we know something all his trainers didn't know. We SAW when they brought Breland in. You SEE teddy saying it. Everyone knew. There's a difference in knowing and doing, and even bigger difference in accomplishing.

Very true, but DAMN!

He literally looks like he hasn’t learned a thing in years. I mean when the first first started his defense was already bad. :smh: