Derrick Rose MAY Be Done

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
That looks more like a meniscus issue than acl.

If that is the case he will likely go through what CP3 went through when he had his removed. Thing was CP3 said he would have to change his game because of the injury

Yeah man, I've always been worried about the long term effects that Rose's game would have on his health. This season was just murderous on him.

I appreciate the work his done and bringing excitement back to the Bulls franchise, but he's gotta change it up. The kid doesn't deserve this.

I'd rather he have his health than to be out there runnin' himself ragged.

His style of play is exciting but I said this before. If he plans to last in this league for as long as Nash, Kidd, Andre Miller, Stockton and others his game needs to change.

The NBA will force your ass to adapt. One way or another. I feel bad for him but this season has killed his body. He already said he was tired of the beating he takes. It's time to change it up Rose

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
I feel sorry for groin man but he got to change his game up. Use his speed when he needs too and be more of a play maker.. sorta like J. kidd

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Exactly strike as needed. Get other people involved. Hell, look at Gilbert Arenas yea he could put up numbers back in a day but as soon as he got a couple injures it all went downhill

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Makes what AI did for so long seem even more amazing. He was smaller than D-Rose and took a hell of a beating for years.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Exactly strike as needed. Get other people involved. Hell, look at Gilbert Arenas yea he could put up numbers back in a day but as soon as he got a couple injures it all went downhill

yup :yes:

Its a wrap for the Bulls they clearly need him just on the strength that teams play them differently when he is in the line up to get to the finals...

Bluelaser

Rising Star
Registered
Thibs should've stuck to the routine of sitting his starters out when theres about a minute and a half on the clock and they have a 15 to 20 point lead.
He should've gave Rose implicit instructions as to staying on the perimeter with ball and distribute instead of driving to the basket.
Driving to the lane could be hazardous and there's no need for Rose to finish in spectacular fashion the when the game is won.
You have three competent point guards that could've finish the game.

Tha_Technician323

Star
Registered
Thibs should've stuck to the routine of sitting his starters out when theres about a minute and a half on the clock and they have a 15 to 20 point lead.
He should've gave Rose implicit instructions as to staying on the perimeter with ball and distribute instead of driving to the basket.
Driving to the lane could be hazardous and there's no need for Rose to finish in spectacular fashion the when the game is won.
You have three competent point guards that could've finish the game.

That is the difference between a relatively young player and a NBA vet. Young dudes always want to go a mile a minute when all he had to do is run clock and jack the outside shot even if you miss still had a 12 point lead. It's easy to say should have done this after the fact though. Hopefully it ain't as bad as it looks.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn man he is so exciting he seem injury prone now though. guys that go that hard seem like they will get hurt easier. blake seems like he will be like this...

The problem with playing with leg injuries is that we naturally try to compensate for one injured leg by putting more pressure on the opposite leg. It is like when you have uneven tires on a car. The uneven tire will out more pressure on the good tire which will result in faster wear and tear.

I assume this was the case with D Rose.

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
That is the difference between a relatively young player and a NBA vet. Young dudes always want to go a mile a minute when all he had to do is run clock and jack the outside shot even if you miss still had a 12 point lead. It's easy to say should have done this after the fact though. Hopefully it ain't as bad as it looks.

You right about that. He will adjust his game though now

parisian

International
International Member
wasn't he critical of the Bulls medical staff and coaching staff for pushing him to play when he wasn't 100%? :smh: hope it's nothing too serious

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
wasn't he critical of the Bulls medical staff and coaching staff for pushing him to play when he wasn't 100%? :smh: hope it's nothing too serious

Yep

The All-Star point guard is also troubled by the lack of attentiveness to concerns he's raised to the Bulls, a member of his camp told CSNChicago.com.

Among those issues is the fact that Rose's most recent ailments-a sprained right ankle and sore right foot-were exacerbated by the team's training staff's insistence on taping his ankles, a practice Rose has consistently fought against, opting instead for ankle brace

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketbal...194&feedID=10332&awid=9037224312838277866-914

acl and mcl??? damnnnnn

I hope this isn't true because if this is. it will be a long road to recovery. As you said in the other thread his style of play will be changed

Playa2422004

Star
Registered

well said, cant lie

malleymal

Rising Star
Registered
Good thing he locked down that contract stuff... There was no way he would get that type of money after this injury prone season. I feel bad for him though career wise .

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With the advancement of knee surgeries a torn ACL is like spraining an ankle. D Rose will be fine and the same explosive player he has always been.

The biggest thing to a knee is learning to trust the knee again

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
How much of his contract is guaranteed?

all of it.

Only way his contract could be void if they just signed the deal. Similar to greg oden. remember he they agree to his 8.9 million option but he was injured again and they reduce it to 1.5 million.

Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports that Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden may have accepted a 1-year offer worth $1.5 million after the team announced he suffered a "setback" in his most recent medical examinations.
-------------------------
Sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com this week that the 23-year-old agreed to take his salary down all the way to $1.5 million when the parties mutually agreed to negotiate a new deal earlier this month independent of Portland's original qualifying offer. Translation?

If $1.5 million is a figure Oden was willing to consent to, down from the $8.9 million qualifying offer Portland extended to him before the lockout to prevent Oden from becoming an unrestricted free agent, this is sadly shaping up to be another lost season for the injury-tortured big man picked ahead of Kevin Durant in the 2007 draft.
-------------------------

Prior to the setback and renegotiation, Oden was expected to sign a $8.8 million qualifying offer tendered to him by the Blazers in June.

Blazers Acting GM Chad Buchanan has refused to comment multiple times on the structure and size of Oden's renegotiated deal.

Team president Larry Miller announced the following on December 9.
----------------------
The contract agreed upon today comes after both sides mutually agreed to negotiate a new deal that is independent of the qualifying offer.

"Following Greg's most recent physical examination and evaluation, we've determined that he has suffered a setback," said Trail Blazers President Larry Miller. "We're hopeful, but less confident that he will return to the court this season. We've stood by Greg from the day he was drafted and we continue to do so now with this agreement."

Greg agree to reduction because he knew if the team said okay we will give you a physical before we approve your new contract. Which Greg knew he would have failed.

Similar to Jeff Green. Boston pick up his qualifying offer but after it revealed he had heart problems and needed surgery they rejected the deal making him a unrestricted free agent this summer.

Also heard it's true Rose is done for a year

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Heat are in the process of fuckin' up the exact same way, right now as we speak. 4th quarter, 7 minutes left, Heat up 91-59, but, Wade injury prone is STILL in the game? :smh:

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
With the advancement of knee surgeries a torn ACL is like spraining an ankle. D Rose will be fine and the same explosive player he has always been.

Tell that to this guy

gilbert-arenas-agent-0-on-floor-agony-injury-nba-funny-photos.jpg.jpg

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man this is on the coach...

Why the fuck was he in the game with a minute to go??
:angry::angry::angry:

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered

Hell look what Rubio said two days ago

He made no promises when asked about being back in time for the start of training camp. "I don’t if it will be training camp, don’t know when I’ll come back," he said. "The most important thing is to make sure when I come back it's 100 percent. I don’t know if it's training camp, I don’t know if it's first week, second week (of regular season). I don’t want to put a date. It depends how my knee feels."

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not really. Also looking it up it will be a minute before he can even run on a thread mill let alone practice. His game will be changed by the time he comes back
Problem is that it generally takes two years to get full explosiveness back. I would assume he will not comeback until January.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All those endorsement, that contract, and he stays on the bench more than this year's rookie. Half pint Oden.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I remember when Jordan broke his foot in '85 and how down in the dumps I was......I feel that same way now :smh:

Last edited:

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His injuries are probably worse than what we think, and when you are injured you tend to overcompensate in other areas which leads to another injury. He is probably going to have to shut it down for a while.

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
Problem is that it generally takes two years to get full explosiveness back. I would assume he will not comeback until January.

true but you better believe this will have him change his game. The player you saw before this injury you will likely not see next year