Derrick Rose MAY Be Done

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they are still very hard to beat without him though...but damn...he for sure makes them a contender...injuries without contact her the worst...

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
true but you better believe this will have him change his game. The player you saw before this injury you will likely not see next year

He has no choice to change because bigger guys can't take going to the basket with reckless abandon and he is a smaller guy. If he doesn't then he won't have a long career or will be injury plagued.

monsterman

Rising Star
Registered
funny-gifs-meetings-suck.gif

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
true but you better believe this will have him change his game. The player you saw before this injury you will likely not see next year

Just finished reading some of your post....think its safe to say youre not a D Rose fan. Its almost like youre hoping that his career is done with all your pessimistic post.

But anyways....he is done for the year. And I didnt get my news from rotoworld or some other bs internet source. I was at the game....like I am at every home game....talked to some reliable source about a hour ago...dont know what exactly what the injury is to type about it....but its basically a wrap for the rest of the year.

Like I stated last year...he needs to change up his game. I expected him to become injury prone due to all his post play...but I honestly didnt expect it to start this early.

Next year look for him to be more like Rondo i.e. a true PG. Mainly because he has no choice. He has to protect his investment at this point.

BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Just finished reading some of your post....think its safe to say youre not a D Rose fan. Its almost like youre hoping that his career is done with all your pessimistic post.

But anyways....he is done for the year. And I didnt get my news from rotoworld or some other bs internet source. I was at the game....like I am at every home game....talked to some reliable source about a hour ago...dont know what exactly what the injury is to type about it....but its basically a wrap for the rest of the year.

Like I stated last year...he needs to change up his game. I expected him to become injury prone due to all his post play...but I honestly didnt expect it to start this early.

Next year look for him to be more like Rondo i.e. a true PG. Mainly because he has no choice. He has to protect his investment at this point.

BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it does not

it sounds like he's being realistic

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
btw, that huge jump step should be banned from the league too

the shit is a travel

it always has been until the late 90's

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered
Just saw this on twitter

Bulls: guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he is out for the remainder of the season

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
It's official. He's done for the year
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season, the team announced Saturday.

Rose suffered the injury while trying to leap off his left foot in the lane with 1:10 left in Saturday's playoff game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Rose was helped off the court before the Bulls sealed their 103-91 Game 1 win. Rose had 23 points, nine rebounds and nine assists when he was injured.

"He's going to be examined and they'll know," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "He started moving his leg, but they have to do an MRI and all that, so I would be guessing."

Thibodeau was asked about his philosophy of keeping his top players in late-game situations when the outcome is not in doubt. It's been a recurrent line of questioning for Thibodeau, especially concerning Rose, who has battled several injuries.

"I don't work backwards like you guys do," Thibodeau said. "The score was going the other way."

The mood in the Bulls' locker room was not befitting a victorious team.

"I just started saying a prayer," said Bulls backup guard John Lucas, who could see additional playing time if Rose is limited.

"It's like the saddest win," Bulls shooting guard Kyle Korver said. "Regardless, we've got to pick ourselves up. We've played a lot of games this year without him. So maybe it was just getting us ready for this."

Game 2 is Tuesday, giving Rose a couple of extra days to rest.

"I hope he's not seriously hurt," 76ers coach Doug Collins said. "I admire him so much. I think he's one of the young, bright lights in this NBA. And I hope he's going to be back and he's going to be able to play, because I admire greatness, and he's a great player."

The 23-year-old Rose played in just 39 of the Bulls' 66 regular-season games because of turf toe, back spasms, pulled groin and foot injuries. He hasn't played more than two games in a row since suffering a foot injury on March 12.

"It's tough," Carlos Boozer said. "It seems like he just can't catch a break. We're all praying for him, hoping it's not that bad. It seemed pretty bad, but we're hoping for the best in this situation. I just feel for him, man. He really can't catch a break this season."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...rick-rose-suffers-torn-acl-philadelphia-76ers

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just saw this on twitter

Bulls: guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he is out for the remainder of the season

:smh: Good thing Im excited about the Bears this season. cause betweens the Blackhawks getting put out, and this shit Id be kinda bummed...

Kwame Coltrane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They should have shut him down this season. He had too many issues. They been winning without him. Now he might be one of them chronically injured Penny Hardaway types. People forget about what a fucking beast dude really was back in the day. Rose could have took the L this year, healed up and been ready for 12-13. But some wiseman made a post like in January that said Rose would never be the same :smh:

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They should have shut him down this season. He had too many issues. They been winning without him. Now he might be one of them chronically injured Penny Hardaway types. People forget about what a fucking beast dude really was back in the day. Rose could have took the L this year, healed up and been ready for 12-13. But some wiseman made a post like in January that said Rose would never be the same :smh:

Ummm.... No... Chicagos window aint that big with the shit going on in NYC, and down in MIA. They did the right thing. NY is gonna be better next season, as will Indiana, and MIA. If Chicago dont play this offseason correctly starting with the draft they could very well slip from the NBA elite. Theyll always be competitive cause of Thibs, but to keep up with the Elite, we gotta add consistent scoring and hope no one else gets better in the process.

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
it does not

it sounds like he's being realistic

Exactly

BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullshit. I'm not a D Rose fan??? I think D Rose and Kevin Durant is what the NBA needs and more players should be like him.

That doesn't change the fact that a guy who has battled multiple injures all this season injured himself with no contact. I look at the situation as a realist.

Alex and I said from jump dude needs to change his game but people attack us saying "well he is doing something right he has a MVP and the Bulls are a number 1 seed."

Look if you watch the NBA for a while you will start to notice things. I seen PGs who depended on their speed and who were mainly known for their scoring come and go. Get injured and all of a sudden the one advantage they had is taken away.

I don't wish ill on anyone especially someone like Rose who has been humble and a good guy. All I said is his style of play will have to be adjusted.

Most players adjust their game due to age. Hell look what Blake Griffin said. He said himself he has to work on his jumper because he is tired of the beating he is taking.

You adapt in this league. That's all I am saying. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm calling it like I see it and I saw a player who body who has been breaking down all season injured himself with no contact. (which means this was going to happen sooner rather than later) it is what it is.

The point is where does Derek Rose go from here.

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered
got to be very very careful going forward now. The back issues is what really made me think that it could be an issue long term.

Rose contorts his body fiercely which is why he gets so many layups-and-1's.

I wish him the best of luck

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
got to be very very careful going forward now. The back issues is what really made me think that it could be an issue long term.

Rose contorts his body fiercely which is why he gets so many layups-and-1's.

I wish him the best of luck

Also, when you overcompensate for injuries, you put too much pressure and stress on other body parts.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Bullshit. I'm not a D Rose fan??? I think D Rose and Kevin Durant is what the NBA needs and more players should be like him.

That doesn't change the fact that a guy who has battled multiple injures all this season injured himself with no contact. I look at the situation as a realist.

I apologize. Dude im REALLY fucking depressed right now. Needed someone to attack. you were first...lol

Seeing Miami or the Lakers not win a title this year wil kinda cheer me up and put a smile on my face.

patscorpio

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
torn acl :smh:after all those other injuries too..dude is mr glass.....he's out for at least a year...he might want to go on some steroids or some shit during his rehab...damn

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered
you can't blame Thibs it was something that just happened...it was not like it was a hard foul or something.

dont get me wrong. I am not saying that Thibs should be blamed.

But I think there will be some parts of the sports press that will blame Thibs for keeping him out there while the game was well in hand

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
I apologize. Dude im REALLY fucking depressed right now. Needed someone to attack. you were first...lol

Seeing Miami or the Lakers not win a title this year wil kinda cheer me up and put a smile on my face.

No problem look at the positive.

1. You star player is surrounded by a great team and great coach. True you won't win it this year but the team has already shown they could survive without Rose.

2. This happen to Rose at a young age. Which means he has better chance of recovering and even if he isn't the same player he plays PG. He can adjust his game to be more a distributor and has attack as needed

3. Also as I said before the Bulls have a roster of good players. I said from since the D12 trade didn't happen I see him going to places. Lakers or Bulls. Lakers because of Bynum. The Magic always wanted to deal with the Bulls but Dwight was didn't because he wanted to be a Net. He won't have the option (unless the nets get the number 1 pick) he will have to settle between lakers or bulls. Even if it isn't Dwight. The Bulls have enough pieces to make a major move and I expect them to as well.

What happen is horrible but it's not the end just a new beginning for Rose and the Bulls. It's where they go from here. This time Rose needs to rehab. What I'm reading could be Feb before he actually suits up. Which is okay.

I gotta ask tho.

Do you think the media will roast Thibs over this?

Yes and no. Yes because the game was over with. No because the injury happen with no contact made meaning this was bound to happen especially with Rose injures this season.

Fuck this lockout. Dwight Billups Rose and others. As Charles said it's about who stays healthy

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I gotta ask tho.

Do you think the media will roast Thibs over this?

The dumb ones will, but its not his fault. Rose was in because he needed as much floor time as possible to get back in the swing of things. I understand why he was out there, but this is the culmination of all those injuries not being fully healed. If I gotta lay blame with someone it with Stern. 66 games and playing 4-6 games a week is too much. But his/ownership greed is a reason why he and allot of players are/have gotten hurt this season.:angry:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
But I think there will be some parts of the sports press that will blame Thibs for keeping him out there while the game was well in hand

Philli was down by 12 with a little less than 1:30 to go.

3 three pointers and they wouldve been back in the game. The crew that allowed Philli to get back in the game wasnt scoring points. But the crew that Tom put back on the floor was the same crew that rallied the Bulls back into the game over and over again whenever Philli made a deep cut into the Buls lead. Thats why he put them on the floor.

I feel that Tom Tibby can be stubborn at times....and yes the media is already eating into his ass...but imho its not his fault. Shit happens. Sadly this "shit" had to be a torn acl.

I had to turn off my TV. They talking about this bs on ever channel. I really just wanna hear Rose's response. If he's in good spirits and optimistic about his future..... then Im good