DL HUGHLEY: Come on down!! It's Your Turn to Get Shit on By MONIQUE......SMH

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not one person on this planet would think that Monique would be the headliner over DL! Not one muthafucka!

Even some Chinaman in the middle of a rice field in the Hunan Province would think this bitch would go after DL.

"Moniqua is a one clazy bitz. No way she headriner on DL hughrey! "

You’re right, but that’s not the issue.

The issue is when she signed on to do the event, the contract listed her as the headliner. Which means she was performing last and wasn’t opening for anyone.

She already called out the promoters, what happened with DL is what we don’t know.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You’re right, but that’s not the issue.

The issue is when she signed on to do the event, the contract listed her as the headliner. Which means she was performing last and wasn’t opening for anyone.

She already called out the promoters, what happened with DL is what we don’t know.
Should be interesting. Those shows are usually booked way in advance. Unless this was a last minute deal.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Monique saying DL is for down low and DL saying Precious was an autobiography was funny as shit. Now if they do a tour together rotating headliners and just go at each other I might pay to see that shit :lol:

Yea DL a fucking fool :lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok I found the flyer and it said Starring DL HUGHLEY AND MONIQUE, there was also another comedian performing and it said LINEUP SUBJECT TO CHANGE :hithead:
comedy-explosion-flyer-1024x1536.png

looks like they tried to split the difference and appease both with &

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
y'all mofokrs talking about she lied too.

id they pay her what she signed to get ?

Then fuck who goes first.....you got paid.

second if she was as worth a fuck as a comedian nobody would want to go after her.

ain't nobody trying to follow a real ccomedian.

I remember going to a show where Mike Epps was the headliner and I left after 10 minutes of his set.. The mofokrs before him was funnydanamofokr and he was trash

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Wow. The hate is strong in this one.

She's implying that DL is on the...well, D.L.. That's about all I could understand because when people get in their feelings and start raving it's difficult to follow.

I'll tell you one thing, she doesn't have the brainpower to fuck with DL.

I don't know what tip her over, I guess the Netflix thing, but she's gone goodbye.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still think Mo'Nique might have been an interesting casting choice for the DCEU's Amanda Waller. Not that Viola Davis isn't good, but I remember, the fat,obnoxious Waller.
I don't think so. I don't think she has the gravitas for a role like that. Waller has to be intense at times, and I don't see Monique being able to pull that off.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She stay fucking up our infrastructure.

DL's probably like this -

(Sigh)... Alright, it's her turn to get embarrassed.
before she ever aired out her business and started naming names and calling names....where were all these friends when hollywood execs labeled her difficult to work with then blacklisted her?? All the comedy shows, all the movies, all the tv shows....up to that point 20 years... NO ONE who called her friend came out and said thats not true. Not DL, not Steve, not TP, not Oprah, not Lee Daniels none of them. The black stand up community did not stand up for her and push back on that character assassination at all. And ALL of them have worked with her over the DECADES.

If she really was a bitch to work with where are those stories?? Look at her filmography on IMDB....all those projects... with Martin Lawrence on Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins... worked with Godfrey on Phat Girls...worked with Whoopie Goldberg on Good Fences.... worked with Vivica Fox and Gabrielle Union on Two Can Play That Game... all these movies why haven't anyone confirmed it if she's so bad??? where are the "sources" that always talk behind the scenes off the record for any of these things???

She had ONE dispute on ONE movie and they tried to KILL HER CAREER over it and none of those "brothas" and "sistas" said anything to dispel that shit. None of them at the time that shit was happening said NOT'S THAT TRUE...I WORKED WITH HER AND SHE'S NOT LIKE THAT.

but everyone has advice and lectures about how she needs to fall back and accept whatever shit they (cac hollywood) give to her....despite not just winning an oscar...she won ALL the awards she was up for that year. Despite a successful tv show run. Despite two decades of stand up comedy.

Her "friends" all told her in so many words to just shut the fuck up and take it. Remember Steve Harvey's quote: WE BLACK OUT HERE! WE CAIN'T COME OUT HERE AND DO IT ANY WAY WE WANT TO!

And ya'll surprised she came out swinging??

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think so. I don't think she has the gravitas for a role like that. Waller has to be intense at times, and I don't see Monique being able to pull that off.
Not gonna argue with this.
youre saying an...
Academy Award
Golden Globe,
Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award,
New York Film Critics Circle Award,
Chicago Film Critics Association Award,
Independent Spirit Award,
Screen Actors Guild Award,
National Society of Film Critics Award,
BAFTA Film Award
and Sundance Film Festival's Special Jury Prize
winner for best actress playing the part of incredibly abused/abuser... can't be intense.... for a comic book movie.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

yHbjoq.gif

Rising Star
Registered
Monique, Wack 100 , Faizon Love.

Guess being a bitter-hating ass mofokr is a unisex occupation.

Gotta stay in the conversation in some way I guess.

Monique ain't never been funny, she is a simple stereotype. A one-trick pony

DL a huge hater too. HUGE. His favorite thing is to wait till you die and talk shit cuz you cant do shit. He a bitch too with those names you named too.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched nearly 10 minutes of that bullshit rant of hers and not one joke was told. How are you a headliner and don't have any prepared material? Makes you wonder, if this latest grievance didn't occur what the fuck would she have to talk about? Clearly, the promoters fucked this up. They booked both DL and Monique as headliners (probably because Monique insisted) and on the day of the show they figured one of them would back down and go first and that just didn't happen. I hope DL got his full backend because that fuck up was not on him. At some point, Monique needs to realize that it's not 1998 anymore, the Parkers aren't on in primetime, and you have been sought after for a movie role in nearly 20 years. She's got to cut it out with these delusions of grandeur, her relevance to the entertainment industry is waning.