DL HUGHLEY: Come on down!! It's Your Turn to Get Shit on By MONIQUE......SMH

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched nearly 10 minutes of that bullshit rant of hers and not one joke was told. How are you a headliner and don't have any prepared material? Makes you wonder, if this latest grievance didn't occur what the fuck would she have to talk about? Clearly, the promoters fucked this up. They booked both DL and Monique as headliners (probably because Monique insisted) and on the day of the show they figured one of them would back down and go first and that just didn't happen. I hope DL got his full backend because that fuck up was not on him. At some point, Monique needs to realize that it's not 1998 anymore, the Parkers aren't on in primetime, and you have been sought after for a movie role in nearly 20 years. She's got to cut it out with these delusions of grandeur, her relevance to the entertainment industry is waning.
just skip over the black listing and character assassination right?? that just didn't happen as the reason for her absence on the scene....

nellj

Ba Weep Granah Weep ni-ni bong
BGOL Gold Member
Something is wrong with me because when I watched this video, the first thought in my head was, Damn, Monique's ass is kinda phat. Please don't judge me, I am already ashamed of myself.
shame-family-guy.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@ 8:45 lends me to believe this goes deeper than the headliner slight. She finally has opportunity to shit on folk she felt shit on her when she was down and she is taking opportunity. Not saying i agree or disagree.. Just saying what it is.

I agree, she’s definitely probably had past issues with DL and this gave her the opportunity to go at him about it.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
just skip over the black listing and character assassination right?? that just didn't happen as the reason for her absence on the scene....

How about her thinking she's all that and wants to be paid like those are actually are all that when she clearly isn't all that. She's just a fat funky self indulgent profane wannabe diva? I wouldn't go to one of her shows if the tickets were free. :smh:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wasn't like Queens of Comedy released straight to BET while Kings of Comedy came out in theaters? I mean that was in the 90's back when there weren't any streaming services.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Wait BGOL don't like DL Hugley cause he didn't defend Cosby. Come on I'D HEARD about Cosby drugging women before it all happened. That shit was known.

Anyway Monique did get black balled there's no doubt about it. But first chance she gets she goes off....while understandable is still stupid.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh now I see y'all mad at DL because of Cosby. DL has no reason to be out here respecting or defending Cosby lol.

Wait BGOL don't like DL Hugley cause he didn't defend Cosby. Come on I'D HEARD about Cosby drugging women before it all happened. That shit was known.

Anyway Monique did get black balled there's no doubt about it. But first chance she gets she goes off....while understandable is still stupid.

Where do you see any statements of anger for not defending Cosby in this thread?

christop

Rising Star
Registered
Where do you see any statements of anger for not defending Cosby in this thread?
Post #57 post #83 and imo it's obvious based on the energy. Imo Monique has absolutely no credibility I will never give her the benefit of the doubt.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Post #57 post #83 and imo it's obvious based on the energy. Imo Monique has absolutely no credibility I will never give her the benefit of the doubt.

I didn’t get that energy from the post that you mentioned.

Regarding Mo’Nique’s credibility. The people that she had issues with “Tyler Perry” and “Lee Daniels” said that she was correct about her issue with all of them including Oprah.

It’s ok not to like someone, but one needs to be truthful about the real reason why they don’t like them.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

She wasn't blacklisted

There just weren't the roles for a loud obnoxious embarrassing type.

That and she thought her value was more than what others thought it was because she got the award for Precious. That award didn't make her A-List to anybody but herself and her husband.

Not to mention she had unqualified representation. Instead of telling her to take half a millie to prove that she can generate, he followed along with her bullshit and took nothing.

Her claiming she was blacklisted just allowed her to take no blame and that it was somebody else's fault.

Her unfunny ass thought she was supposed to be making Chappelle money.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn’t get that energy from the post that you mentioned.

Regarding Mo’Nique’s credibility. The people that she had issues with “Tyler Perry” and “Lee Daniels” said that she was correct about her issue with all of them including Oprah.

It’s ok not to like someone, but one needs to be truthful about the real reason why they don’t like them.

Do you know why Spike Lee can always get star power in his movies?

Loyalty

People like Denzel will always be available to Spike for way below their market value because many started with him.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you know why Spike Lee can always get star power in his movies?

Loyalty

People like Denzel will always be available to Spike for way below their market value because many started with him.

Yes that’s true.

Do you know why Mo’Nique was upset with Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry etc?

I’m not a Mo’Nique defender but she was done wrong by them. She didn’t want to work for free and they blackballed and derailed her career.

And many wanted her to shut up and not speak about it.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You’re right, but that’s not the issue.

The issue is when she signed on to do the event, the contract listed her as the headliner. Which means she was performing last and wasn’t opening for anyone.

She already called out the promoters, what happened with DL is what we don’t know.
She said that DL said he wasn't going before her. So, she blasted that ass. Listen to the first part of the video.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I watched nearly 10 minutes of that bullshit rant of hers and not one joke was told. How are you a headliner and don't have any prepared material? Makes you wonder, if this latest grievance didn't occur what the fuck would she have to talk about? Clearly, the promoters fucked this up. They booked both DL and Monique as headliners (probably because Monique insisted) and on the day of the show they figured one of them would back down and go first and that just didn't happen. I hope DL got his full backend because that fuck up was not on him. At some point, Monique needs to realize that it's not 1998 anymore, the Parkers aren't on in primetime, and you have been sought after for a movie role in nearly 20 years. She's got to cut it out with these delusions of grandeur, her relevance to the entertainment industry is waning.
She started after she flayed that ass.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
youre saying an...
Academy Award
Golden Globe,
Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award,
New York Film Critics Circle Award,
Chicago Film Critics Association Award,
Independent Spirit Award,
Screen Actors Guild Award,
National Society of Film Critics Award,
BAFTA Film Award
and Sundance Film Festival's Special Jury Prize
winner for best actress playing the part of incredibly abused/abuser... can't be intense.... for a comic book movie.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

yHbjoq.gif
You can post as much text and GIFs as you want. I said what I said. I didn't say she couldn't act. I don't think the role fits her, and I stand by that.

That said, I respect your argument, and admit that I am hardly an expert in all things Mo'Nique. So maybe she would be great at it, and I'm absolutely wrong. It wouldn't be the first time someone exceeded my expectation of them.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes that’s true.

Do you know why Mo’Nique was upset with Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry etc?

I’m not a Mo’Nique defender but she was done wrong by them. She didn’t want to work for free and they blackballed and derailed her career.

And many wanted her to shut up and not speak about it.

I think she brought it on herself.

I also don't think either is powerful enough to blackball her. Sure they could keep her from working on their projects.

Her husband as an agent was a yes man to her grandiose daydreams.

And actors don't get paid to promote their movies.

She was full of herself. and they didn't want to be bothered.

She wasn't blackballed when she turned down the Netflix offer but she wanted to be paid like Rock and Chappelle.

Then she took a Showtime offer and that show was horrible.

In watching the Depp Heard trial I see Amber heard was doing the same thing comparing herself to actors she doesn't have the receipts for.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She wasn't blacklisted

There just weren't the roles for a loud obnoxious embarrassing type.

That and she thought her value was more than what others thought it was because she got the award for Precious. That award didn't make her A-List to anybody but herself and her husband.

Not to mention she had unqualified representation. Instead of telling her to take half a millie to prove that she can generate, he followed along with her bullshit and took nothing.

Her claiming she was blacklisted just allowed her to take no blame and that it was somebody else's fault.

Her unfunny ass thought she was supposed to be making Chappelle money.
dude...the shits so fucked up its not funny..

1. again...WHERE ARE THE STORIES ABOUT HER BEING DIFFICULT BEFORE PRECIOUS??? even if you want to say her husband/manager was the problem..where are the stories about him fucking her shit up before precious?? Monique worked pretty regularly for a long time up to that point.

2. she said Lee Daniels literally called her and said she'd been black listed. Now you wanna like thats not possible? Remember Mira Sorvino? SHe won an Oscar for a role in a woody allen movie...then harvey weinstein asked to fuck her and she said no...didn't see Mira anymore since then...Peter Jackson confirmed that she was up for a part in the Lord of the Rings movies and harvey told him to NOT hire her because she was "difficult to work with" and that he'd been calling all around telling people that. And you wanna believe a comedic actress who won awards for a dramatic role something NO ONE ever seen her do before can't get parts because she's type cast???

3. She didn't think she should be making chappelle money.....she just knew she was worth more than 500k and a contract that locked her in for 2 years at netflix discretion. Her going to her fanbase to complain about it as a taactic is NO DIFFERENT than Amy Shumer going to her fanbase when she felt netflix lowballed her with a 10 MILLION dollar offer and she complained. And she LITERALLY said they wouldn't do to chappelle or chris rock.and netflix bumped it up to 13 million. And Any is clear joke thief something no one has ever accused or showed monique doing.

the fucked up part about all of this is... the black community in general and this board in particular still blames black women for shit that actually happens to them... for all the talk of supporting the "black queen" when has that actually happened?? Honestly?? WHen was the last time anyone actually saw shit go down against a black woman and believed her and said Thats fucked up!...

I'm looking at the bigger picture of this woman's career...WE ALL WATCHED MONIQUE WORK THRU THE 90s AND 00s... and whats been said about her doesn't match up with what she's done on her grind. again if she truly was a problem like that that shit would been come out and it hasn't.

We ALL know hollywood is on some fucked up pimp shit and WILL fuck over people just to do that...yet somehow its not possible in Monique's case??

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Screenshot-20220530-055411-Chrome.jpg

DL def looks like the headliner by the look of this promo.
Big ass picture AND his name comes first. What am I missing? :confused:

I don't listen to either of their stand up, but if I were to guess who would headline I'd think it was D.L. And that's without the flyer. Flyer would confirm. This is something could have been handled on the phone. And we are in the social media age. All she had to do was post up the contract saying 'headliner.'

Anyone coming near Dave Chappelle is subject to a cancel campaign or apologizing and he gets more support than Monique. Just says a lot about how they must interact with peers.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude...the shits so fucked up its not funny..

1. again...WHERE ARE THE STORIES ABOUT HER BEING DIFFICULT BEFORE PRECIOUS??? even if you want to say her husband/manager was the problem..where are the stories about him fucking her shit up before precious?? Monique worked pretty regularly for a long time up to that point.

2. she said Lee Daniels literally called her and said she'd been black listed. Now you wanna like thats not possible? Remember Mira Sorvino? SHe won an Oscar for a role in a woody allen movie...then harvey weinstein asked to fuck her and she said no...didn't see Mira anymore since then...Peter Jackson confirmed that she was up for a part in the Lord of the Rings movies and harvey told him to NOT hire her because she was "difficult to work with" and that he'd been calling all around telling people that. And you wanna believe a comedic actress who won awards for a dramatic role something NO ONE ever seen her do before can't get parts because she's type cast???

3. She didn't think she should be making chappelle money.....she just knew she was worth more than 500k and a contract that locked her in for 2 years at netflix discretion. Her going to her fanbase to complain about it as a taactic is NO DIFFERENT than Amy Shumer going to her fanbase when she felt netflix lowballed her with a 10 MILLION dollar offer and she complained. And she LITERALLY said they wouldn't do to chappelle or chris rock.and netflix bumped it up to 13 million. And Any is clear joke thief something no one has ever accused or showed monique doing.

the fucked up part about all of this is... the black community in general and this board in particular still blames black women for shit that actually happens to them... for all the talk of supporting the "black queen" when has that actually happened?? Honestly?? WHen was the last time anyone actually saw shit go down against a black woman and believed her and said Thats fucked up!...

I'm looking at the bigger picture of this woman's career...WE ALL WATCHED MONIQUE WORK THRU THE 90s AND 00s... and whats been said about her doesn't match up with what she's done on her grind. again if she truly was a problem like that that shit would been come out and it hasn't.

We ALL know hollywood is on some fucked up pimp shit and WILL fuck over people just to do that...yet somehow its not possible in Monique's case??

Difficult before precious ? wtf was she is before presiouc to make her think she was the shit ? Phat Girlz ? The Parkers ?

worth more than 500k ? half a million for a 30-60 minute standup when her last standup was in front of a captive audience at a prison ?

yes her husband is a problem because he couldn't tell her that her opinion was over inflated ad how to leverage that half million into a major deal.

Yes we watched her work and she was a one trick pony like I said .A walking talking stereotype . A not funny comedian.

and stop making general statements to try and back up Monique in this specific situation... So miss me with that 4th paragraph all togethger.