Dozens of people suffer ‘cardiac arrest’ during Halloween festivities in Seoul 153 DEAD, 2 AMERICAN

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
You know I was gonna say, other than that, you see the guy with the light on his neck, not even doing effective compressions.

More than one person is barely pressing down and really moving their shoulders and not compressing anything.
It looked like he was feeling her tit more than doing proper compressions :smh:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
WTF? You're supposed to alternate between chest compressions and giving air..... even if you can't do a two-man team.... not one of them is stopping to give air.... 30 compressions then two breaths.... if two people are doing it.... one-two breaths every 15 compressions

You know I was gonna say, other than that, you see the guy with the light on his neck, not even doing effective compressions.

More than one person is barely pressing down and really moving their shoulders and not compressing anything.

We are required to do our First Aid / CPR re-cert every 3 years for work.

Next time is next summer.

I'm glad the instructors always stress the importance of doing the techniques correctly. They'll reiterate the key points several times when people aren't doing things right, or are half-assing it. Reminding them you never know when this knowledge may come in handy and help save a life.

Fortunately I haven't had to use any techniques thus far with family, or the general public. Though I was required to do the Heimlich maneuver back in the late-2000s at an oncall job, and it helped save a grandmother's life. She was choking on food about a week before Christmas at a regular meal at the workplace, and out of embarassment quietly exited the dining hall and made her way to the elevator to go to her suite. One of the fellow tenants spotted she was in distress and wisely rushed her back to the common area and yelled for staff assistance.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

I'm glad the instructors always stress the importance of doing the techniques correctly. They'll reiterate the key points several times when people aren't doing things right, or are half-assing it. Reminding them you never know when this knowledge may come in handy and help save a life.

Fortunately I haven't had to use any techniques thus far with family, or the general public. Though I was required to do the Heimlich maneuver back in the late-2000s at an oncall job, and it helped save a grandmother's life. She was choking on food about a week before Christmas at a regular meal at the workplace, and out of embarassment quietly exited the dining hall and made her way to the elevator to go to her suite. One of the fellow tenants spotted she was in distress and wisely rushed her back to the common area and yelled for staff assistance.
Every two years for us... I thought it was every two years for all first responders :dunno:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Every two years for us... I thought it was every two years for all first responders :dunno:

I work in mental health (not first responder setting).

These past few years of the pandemic ... definitely glad to be in a smaller setting. Back in the 2000s was in plenty of environments with 3 - 5x the number of staff and residents, and there were far too many people coming and going.

With these smaller numbers now - it has been better at creating a safer environment at the workplace.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
You know, I don’t think this was drugs Something else is going on here, and we really need to keep it on his.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

I've done CPR countless times, comes in like second nature to me. Can look at someone and know when they aren't effectively pressing to pump the heart and circulate blood.

It's kind of upsetting to see the guy in that vid, don't know if he literally doesn't know how or if he's just doing CPR just to cover his ass since it's a mass casualty incident.

Real situation like that with so many casualties, which I've been on, you wouldn't be doing CPR, if there's no pulse or a very weak one, you wouldn't even be trying to resuscitate. Don't know their protocols to revive a person but there's not much you could do.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I've done CPR countless times, comes in like second nature to me. Can look at someone and know when they aren't effectively pressing to pump the heart and circulate blood.

It's kind of upsetting to see the guy in that vid, don't know if he literally doesn't know how or if he's just doing CPR just to cover his ass since it's a mass casualty incident.

Real situation like that with so many casualties, which I've been on, you wouldn't be doing CPR, if there's no pulse or a very weak one, you wouldn't even be trying to resuscitate. Don't know their protocols to revive a person but there's not much you could do.

Agreed - and in a situation like that, it's something that no one is prepared for. It's a chaotic environment with plenty of people in distress (or deceased) and countless others trying to help.

And unfortunately people doing things incorrectly or hurriedly. More opportunities for mistakes.

My mom worked as an RN / RPN. She retired just under a decade ago. Her advice to us as kids was if we ever found ourselves in an emergency situation as young adults ... and we could safely / adequately help, one of the best things to do (in a smaller scale setting obviously) is to look for people to ASSIST so as not to have a bunch of bystanders looking on, or fleeing the area like "that's not my problem" ...

Making sure they know their help is greatly appreciated, and could very well improve the person's health chances moving forward.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

what's your theory on this shit...this is fucked up...brah

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what's your theory on this shit...this is fucked up...brah

My theory is that enough people breathing heavily can take oxygen out of an environment, even outside like the Travis Scott event...and also all that weight pushing on you would make it hard for anyone to breathe. Add in that you may be in a panicked state...the combination could lead to cardiac arrest I would think.

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They ever say what caused the stampede?
I wonder what the MCI protocols are over there. Here in the states you get 1 airway repositioning attempt to get breathing. Then they move on to someone else. All that CPR wouldn't even be done in the states for an incident like that.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But it started from all those people going into cardiac arrest and the panic that followed it what lead to the stampede that crushed people.

I have a friend who's familiar with the area. That street has a slope and is like the size of an alleyway. Despite events a few weeks ago and as early as last night no one thought to put up barricades or try to limit access. It really is an issue of people pushing to get in without recognizing what was happening at the front of the line.

image0.jpg (850×1346) (discordapp.net)

(20) 대미소다 on Twitter: "실시간 이태원 씨발 존나 무섭다 ㄹㅇ할로윈임 https://t.co/tL4hvwJHj7" / Twitter

이거 영상 뭔 좀비영화같노ㄷㄷㄷ - 국내야구 갤러리 (dcinside.com)

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I remember back in the day, Heavy D was performing at a city college even thrown

by piddy.. the situation was on a much smaller scale, but the way people got crushed

was very similar...to the way the korean party goers faced their fate..

just a fuckin horrible way to go out....

Shit happend tooo close to the satanic day of soul snatchin to be a coincidence..

they started the month sacraficing many children in Thailand.

I aint forget about that shit.

They sacrificing souls, these demons are on their way out.. it aint the time

to be around crowds, its the time

to get

YOUR SHIT TOGETHER..

GET YO HEALTH RIGHT..

and by HEALTH

I mean

SPIRITUAL
MENTAL
PHYSICAL
FINANCIAL
SEXUAL

if you aint working on getting that in ORDER

YA FUCKIN ALREADY LOST!!

ask sammyjax bout that already losing part...

@sammyjax

.https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/asia/thailand-mass-shooting-intl-hnk/index.html
Boy you really cleaned out a whole room for me in your mind didn't you Corky

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
They ever say what caused the stampede?
I wonder what the MCI protocols are over there. Here in the states you get 1 airway repositioning attempt to get breathing. Then they move on to someone else. All that CPR wouldn't even be done in the states for an incident like that.
I stated that earlier about a mass incident like that.
And about the stampede, someone rumored or lied that some celebrity was coming there and people started rushing to where they thought he/she was going to be is my guess.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
63981905-11368533-image-a-86_1667071154401.jpg
63982275-11368533-image-a-88_1667072531058.jpg
63978861-11368533-Images_from_shortly_before_the_stampede_show_thousands_of_people-a-5_1667060146605.jpg

Looks life fun.:rolleyes:

Seriously, what’s the point of being in such crowded space?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Looks life fun.:rolleyes:

Seriously, what’s the point of being in such crowded space?
My son has gone to that spot for the last 6 years. It would have been his last Halloween in S. Korea, because his contract is over Monday. He was planning on having his last Halloween there lit, but at the last minute told his girl, "Since this is my last Halloween here, I'd rather spend it with you and my close friends. Let's just got to Andy's bar." He was supposed to be there last night. I've been thinking about that all day today. I don't know if I could've handled that phone call. That shit literally shook me. One of his friends went, and he hasn't heard from her yet.

Update: He just talked to her. She didn't feel well and left early. She went home, took a sleep aid and went to bed.

Last edited: