Dozens of people suffer ‘cardiac arrest’ during Halloween festivities in Seoul 153 DEAD, 2 AMERICAN

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
My son and his girl were supposed to go there last night, but decided to go to a friend's bar. He said he usually goes there every Halloween.
My I ask what is your son doing there? Working? You may have said it before but I missed it.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
This is exactly what Pyongtaek need to get the business from Itaewon to finally make the move to Humphreys area.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looks life fun.:rolleyes:

Seriously, what’s the point of being in such crowded space?
My son has gone to that spot for the last 6 years. It would have been his last Halloween in S. Korea, because his contract is over Monday. He was planning on having his last Halloween there lit, but at the last minute told his girl, "Since this is my last Halloween here, I'd rather spend it with you and my close friends. Let's just got to Andy's bar." He was supposed to be there last night. I've been thinking about that all day today. I don't know if I could've handled that phone call. That shit literally shook me. One of his friends went, and he hasn't heard from her yet.

Update: He just talked to her. She didn't feel well and left early. She went home, took a sleep aid and went to bed.

Glad to hear your son and his friend are OK respectively. Definitely an unnerving feeling. Very unsettling.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
School teacher.

How has he enjoyed the experience overall?

We've got some family friends who have a son who has been teaching in Korea for approx' 10 years (he's in his mid-30s or so). He got married within the past few years there.

Their family has been through some stuff over the years. His 2 younger brothers live at home and are special needs. Dad passed away within the past year from lung cancer (non smoker). Had a rough go for his final year. It hit my dad hard as he's been friends with the guy for over 50 years, and his wife is one of my mom's best friends. They're a very private family though so they kept everything pretty hush-hush. No visitors during the pandemic. No funeral or celebration of life.

Alot of responsibility now falls on the mom. She's an anxious person by nature, but I'm glad she has healthy outlets like gardening & art. Things that make her happy while she continues to care for her 2 sons at home - who are around 30 - 32yo at this point / she had kids later in life). Her background's in nursing - graduated with my mom back in the 70s.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

63996257-0-image-m-8_1667126863162.jpg
63996259-0-image-a-11_1667126930185.jpg
63983597-0-South_Korea_s_President_Yoon_Suk_yeol_centre_attends_an_emergenc-a-19_1667126979202.jpg
63995445-0-image-a-21_1667126987773.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Something is bothering me about this story. I guess we’ll find out later, but they are leaving something out.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WTF? You're supposed to alternate between chest compressions and giving air..... even if you can't do a two-man team.... not one of them is stopping to give air.... 30 compressions then two breaths.... if two people are doing it.... one-two breaths every 15 compressions

This is old. Compression only is what people are being taught now. People not trained correctly don’t tilt the head back far enough, so air gets in the stomach instead of the lungs.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend