Eminem BET Cypher Freestyle on Trump

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Bullshit. White folks would be calling him racist, not everyone. Blacks folks would be riding for Banner. And Kap has more black fans than Eminem for going after racism. People need to stop with the stupidity. If you don't like Em, just say it and keep it moving. By "you" I mean all the idiots saying that Em is just getting props because he's white. Not you specifially Met.

He's not getting props because he is white, black folks would give props to other blacks with a good message. However, he's getting the ATTENTION (From other whites and MSM) because he is white. A black artist would be dismissed as another black guy with an axe to grind against white folks. All the other Trump dis tracks people have mentioned in this thread? I haven't heard of them. Were any of them broadcast on national TV?

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
He's not getting props because he is white, black folks would give props to other blacks with a good message. However, he's getting the ATTENTION (From other whites and MSM) because he is white. A black artist would be dismissed as another black guy with an axe to grind against white folks. All the other Trump dis tracks people have mentioned in this thread? I haven't heard of them. Were any of them broadcast on national TV?
True. White media is giving him attention. But don't say black people don't give black rappers props.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eh music is subjective bruv...im hipstery in the way that I don't usually like what's super popular, but I always have a fondness for lyrical wordplay and clever rhyme patterns.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We have no one to blame but ourseleves for promoting the bubble gum shit over this.

It's the fault of people that assume popular equals good. The mumble turnt up drugged out rap is being pushed and people are just following the trend. Black people were always are the forefront of making shit popular and trendy, now we have white execs pushing shitty black artists as part of a conspiracy to dumb down people

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
True. White media is giving him attention. But don't say black people don't give black rappers props.

I said "black folks would give props to other blacks with a good message." not that black people don't give black rappers props. This has happened in this thread. People are bemoaning the fact black rappers who have said the same thing aren't getting props. They are, if and when people know about them. What they aren't getting is the ATTENTION. I don't listen to a lot of rap, so unless it hits social media in a big way, I don't hear about it. I was pointing out that difference and who is driving the attention. Anytime there is a BET performance or awards show, social media will blow up, but you don't always see stories about it crossover onto MSM, outside of the entertainment section, unless it is something out of the ordinary like Jesse Williams sounding off or now Eminem going off. I'm pretty sure Keith Olberman doesn't watch the BET Hip Hop Awards. But he saw the video because of it trending and had a comment on it, as did thousands of other people. It's the white reaction that is making this so big. If it was just black folks, it would have faded away 12 hrs after the show aired.

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
I said "black folks would give props to other blacks with a good message." not that black people don't give black rappers props. This has happened in this thread. People are bemoaning the fact black rappers who have said the same thing aren't getting props. They are, if and when people know about them. What they aren't getting is the ATTENTION. I don't listen to a lot of rap, so unless it hits social media in a big way, I don't hear about it. I was pointing out that difference and who is driving the attention. Anytime there is a BET performance or awards show, social media will blow up, but you don't always see stories about it crossover onto MSM, outside of the entertainment section, unless it is something out of the ordinary like Jesse Williams sounding off or now Eminem going off. I'm pretty sure Keith Olberman doesn't watch the BET Hip Hop Awards. But he saw the video because of it trending and had a comment on it, as did thousands of other people. It's the white reaction that is making this so big. If it was just black folks, it would have faded away 12 hrs after the show aired.

Not referring to you personally. Referring to other posts.

Last edited:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
They are discussing this on MSNBC right now with Fat Joe, Talib Kaweli, and Bill Kristol. Not only is this allowing them to be seen outside the rap genre and speak intelligently on social issues, it is also promoting charities they are involved in as well.

How they were breaking down the lyrics had me :roflmao::lol::roflmao2:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
For those saying it was wack, post a brother posting an anti trump track with better lyrics and I'll be bumping that. No mumble faggotry please.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
great post

OK...

but how does going on Instagram posting THAT help the cause?

Cause all it does...

is make those who WERE now inspired to be vocal after sitting on the bench

hesitate

and go "SEE? F*ck them. You can't make anyone happy."

All it does is seed MORE division.

He was NOT talking TO US...

HE was talking to HIS people

aint that what we ALWAYS complaining about?

Black people aint "COME A LONG WAY"!

Its these soulless devils...

and WE cannot stop oppression, disenfranchisement, police brutality, etc...

only THEY can.

So why in the f*ck would we be berate someone is telling HIS OWN people

STOP ACTING LIKE SOULLESS DEVILS.

Explain THAT to me?

Because it was a bitch ass dusty hotep ass cac behind the keyboard. When it's white on white crime why do these pseudo Africans get up in arms about the shit? He's mad cause if it was a black man saying this it wouldn't get the response. That's exactly the point of the take a knee in the first place. Shit won't change unless woke Cac, or CAC's that benifit from us get something out of it and raise a fucking voice.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

This isn't about what WE do or what WE respond to. It's about what WHITE FOLKS do and what WHITE FOLKS respond to. White people tune is out, they don't ignore their own. Em was preaching to the choir as far as black folks were concerned.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is what I been saying from the get go, Eminen is smart he knows his album is coming out soon so he knew he had to get on the big stage at the hip hop awards and show his face and rely a message. It didn't matter what the message was he just knew his true fans wanted to see him and hear him and now I'm sure his new album will sell very well just like all his other ones.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

So basically at this point ya'll would rather he aint say shit right?

So then DO NOT complain when these white folk CONTINUE the We don't understand tour...

And when these white executives and white owners and white politicians and white coaches and white reporters and white players

dont get involved

give the same basic lip service

and label it a black issue and a black problem

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Same shit the racist trump supporters are saying hmm

remember

the same folk spouting this f*ck Eminem bullshit?

said Jessie Williams was too light skin to be so militant.

I am really resigned to the fact that these white folk already won

Cause they bred into us

that WE are our own worst enemies.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
For those saying it was wack, post a brother posting an anti trump track with better lyrics and I'll be bumping that. No mumble faggotry please.

Fuck Trump, it's bigger than that

What about all the black people rapping about the upliftment of our people

Stop praising the white boy trying to sell albums

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hate to say this.... But this might be some shit that for real divides BGOL

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hate to say this.... But this might be some shit that for real divides BGOL

If it does?

that means we weren't about sh*t for a long damn time

cause what the hell we UNITED about?

what exactly did that white boy say that we "claim" on here every day?

Kaep, Jemele, Em...actually put some skin in the game?

What exactly we risking?