Eminem BET Cypher Freestyle on Trump

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bars are low brow.:yawn: Yet he's heralded as great, every time he drops something, "angry." He got some digs in, but c'mon.

It's not fucking with this acapella, from recently. late 2016/ 2017.

but it's Em, and he's totally fucking awesome, to many rap fans.

That's not a freestyle though

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
That's not a freestyle though

Eminem wrote that, the same way. What are you saying? You think he went off the cuff? He's had a lot of time to prepare too. You really think, he just went in there . . . theatrics . . . he's riffing like a guitar player, so you believe it's a "true" freestlye. No.

Common could've did that in a cypher as well. But guess what, it's hella dope, so nope. Still a better acapella performance. But people didn't go crazy over it. Minimal mention and views. That's a microcosm of his mega success. Em can rhyme, wordsmith, but his shit is low brow, most of the time.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eminem wrote that, the same way. What are you saying? You think he went off the cuff? He's had a lot of time to prepare too. You really think, he just went in there . . . theatrics . . . he's riffing like a guitar player, so you believe it's a "true" freestlye. No.

Common could've did that in a cypher as well. But guess what, it's hella dope, so nope. Still a better acapella performance. But people didn't go crazy over it. Minimal mention and views. That's a microcosm of his mega success. Em can rhyme, wordsmith, but his shit is low brow, most of the time.
I don't see why it couldn't be a freestyle.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
I don't see why it couldn't be a freestyle.

That wasn't off the top man. Trust me. It's not impossible, but that's not a freestyle in the way you describe a freestyle.

He's been on Trumps head too. Dem' rhymes were ready baked. His delivery, as it has for years, makes you believe a certain way.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Yeah, it wasn't what I thought it would be with all the hype, but I do like that he went in on Trump. That line about the wall being 'taller than this' and him jumping had me :roflmao:He definitely had some nice parts in there though It was good, but Eminem is much more lethal with his flow than this.

I also wish people would leave that troop narrative alone. The right brought that in and every time someone acknowledges that talking point the right wins. You don't see the right people making disclaimers about knowing racial injustice goes on. They concede nothing even if they do know it's happening.

162 posts in before somebody else even mentioned the military shout-out at the end. That itself reflects how military reverence is the unquestioned default in our culture.

I feel like Kaepernick himself is only focused on or knowledgeable of domestic abuses in the name of the flag, based on the way he backed off of Castro in the face of backlash to his Malcolm X & Castro shirt in Miami.

But I noticed when the Know Your Rights Camp non-profit Kaepernick is affiliated tweeted the video, it cut out before the expression of love for the military. (But when Kaepernick tweeted a version an hour earlier, it was included.) So some people are thinking about this but it is a very small minority.

Would have been better if he said "we love the people in our military" than "we love our military." But that's really my only critique. Very good NFL commentary and I loved the way he attacked Trump's supposed love of the military.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That wasn't off the top man. Trust me. It's not impossible, but that's not a freestyle in the way you describe a freestyle.

He's been on Trumps head too. Dem' rhymes were ready baked. His delivery, as it has for years, makes you believe a certain way.
It's not about believing
It's wasn't as complicated as his usual written stuff and he kept starting and stopping. Someone who raps as long as he has and at the level he's at can do that.

UNSEEN

Rising Star
OG Investor
Before I make my statement I would like to say that Em is a dope MC and I fucked with some of his music.

Now...to keep it hundred..that verse was garbage..not what he said but the flow and the punches...shit was just wack for em.

It also disgusts me that all these black Celebs is gripping his nuts about it. I hate how coons hear a sub par freestyle from a cracker and it's the next coming of God just cause "he stood up for us"...man stop it!

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
It's not about believing
It's wasn't as complicated as his usual written stuff and he kept starting and stopping. Someone who raps as long as he has and at the level he's at can do that.

It's called breath control. Spitting those multis . . . whatever man . . . agree to disagree.:cool:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
22365236_327747384364795_6543671135007946480_n.jpg

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look to each his own on their style of music and rap in specific.

However, this freestyle wasn't good.

It didn't even have dope punchlines.

His flow was off and he was annoying with the hand gestures and pauses.

All he said was "fuck Trump".

I have heard better Eminem freestyles. However he is really overrated.

I like:
  • Stan
  • The Way I Am

Other than that, aint no real nigga playing Em in his whip.
He aint played in no clubs in NYC.

The irony of white people only like rap about racism, when it is a white person rapping!

Last edited:

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eminem did this to get his name back out there in the spotlight. How come we only hearing from him now about what he dislikes about Donald Trump. He is probably still a closet Trump supporter and Trump knows it. He just gotta make his black friends feel like he isn't.

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
And that accomplished what in the grand scheme? Niggaz like silly emotional amd symbolic empty "wins" (even though they won nothing).
Nobody said any song is going to change policy. But how does it hurt progress? At least it's get people who are not willing to talk about, talk about it. This may hurt your pride. But sense we aint doing anything to build our own economy, and keep our money within our own communities, we going to need whites to get on board to get change to happen. We alone aint going to cut it

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Eminem did this to get his name back out there in the spotlight. How come we only hearing from him now about what he dislikes about Donald Trump. He is probably still a closet Trump supporter and Trump knows it. He just gotta make his black friends feel like he isn't.

He's been dissing Trump and he dissed Bush on a number of occasions as well.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Before I make my statement I would like to say that Em is a dope MC and I fucked with some of his music.

Now...to keep it hundred..that verse was garbage..not what he said but the flow and the punches...shit was just wack for em.

It also disgusts me that all these black Celebs is gripping his nuts about it. I hate how coons hear a sub par freestyle from a cracker and it's the next coming of God just cause "he stood up for us"...man stop it!

This here. I know i'm late,but I just listened to it now after a full day of people talking about how good it was. This shit is trash. His flow and punches are horrible on this.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not about believing
...or the fact that he's not just a rapper, he's an actor who performed pre-written "freestyle" in a manner that suggested off-the-dome for effect? :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

great post

OK...

but how does going on Instagram posting THAT help the cause?

Cause all it does...

is make those who WERE now inspired to be vocal after sitting on the bench

hesitate

and go "SEE? F*ck them. You can't make anyone happy."

All it does is seed MORE division.

He was NOT talking TO US...

HE was talking to HIS people

aint that what we ALWAYS complaining about?

Black people aint "COME A LONG WAY"!

Its these soulless devils...

and WE cannot stop oppression, disenfranchisement, police brutality, etc...

only THEY can.

So why in the f*ck would we be berate someone is telling HIS OWN people

STOP ACTING LIKE SOULLESS DEVILS.

Explain THAT to me?

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody said any song is going to change policy. But how does it hurt progress? At least it's get people who are not willing to talk about, talk about it. This may hurt your pride. But sense we aint doing anything to build our own economy, and keep our money within our own communities, we going to need whites to get on board to get change to happen. We alone aint going to cut it
How does it hurt my pride?Y'all give energy to dumb shit. Liberals got Black people running around with low self esteem giving props to meaningless gestures. The bar is set really low if this is what gets niggaz excited.

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered

Bullshit. White folks would be calling him racist, not everyone. Blacks folks would be riding for Banner. And Kap has more black fans than Eminem for going after racism. People need to stop with the stupidity. If you don't like Em, just say it and keep it moving. By "you" I mean all the idiots saying that Em is just getting props because he's white. Not you specifially Met.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
great post

OK...

but how does going on Instagram posting THAT help the cause?

Cause all it does...

is make those who WERE now inspired to be vocal after sitting on the bench

hesitate

and go "SEE? F*ck them. You can't make anyone happy."

All it does is seed MORE division.

He was NOT talking TO US...

HE was talking to HIS people

aint that what we ALWAYS complaining about?

Black people aint "COME A LONG WAY"!

Its these soulless devils...

and WE cannot stop oppression, disenfranchisement, police brutality, etc...

only THEY can.

So why in the f*ck would we be berate someone is telling HIS OWN people

STOP ACTING LIKE SOULLESS DEVILS.

Explain THAT to me?
right

black people like the ones in this thread are so confused they don't even know what to be mad over... smh