ESPN TV: Max Kellerman NEW co-host First Take first show was TODAY, thought? UPDATE: MAX LEAVING!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tony is a real good brother...and deserves all the best. He made the most out of a difficult situation too.

salute.

I actually watched Max solo show when he left...not good.

BUT the concept was and funny thing is, it was a BIG HIT and many have copied it since on the quiet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Max

But he WAS really good on the radio when he found his OWN voice and stopped trying to be some Howard Stern fanboy. And made Sports Nation his own

Peace to ryan ruocco he deserves a shot at something big too soon.

The few times I heard Max and Marcillius I liked them on the radio.

Could it be we all missing something here?

the common denominator?

Maybe its SAS that is the problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...is-year-was-different/?utm_term=.f6153c11a9bc

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@HNIC

ESPN NY radio adds Mike Greenberg, Max Kellerman in major lineup shift
By Andrew Marchand
August 3, 2020 | 6:47pm | Updated

In its competition with WFAN, ESPN New York has a new lineup, sliced up all day that adds big names, but crushes the continuity it had built in recent years that has helped its afternoon show become No. 1 in the market.

ESPN New York will add Mike Greenberg and Max Kellerman to its daily programming in the middle of this month, but, like when Mike Francesa returned to WFAN after his faux retirement, it now has too many hosts on-air and too many shows, which makes little radio sense in the long run.
The merry-go-round has 98.7 FM taking ESPN’s new national morning show of Keyshawn Johnson, Jay Williams and Zubin Mehenti from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., forgoing its final hour.

Rick DiPietro, Chris Canty and Dave Rothenberg will move up their time slot to 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., losing an hour. They will be followed by Bart Scott and Alan Hahn, who will be on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., up two hours from their old slot.

For the second time, Scott has been involved in the joys of the radio business as he was part of the afternoon earthquake when Francesa un-retired at WFAN.

After Scott and Hahn, ESPN New York will air the second hour of Greenberg’s national show from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. before Kellerman’s first hour from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. The aforementioned “The Michael Kay Show,” which supplanted Francesa atop the New York ratings with the help of a more locally focused lineup, will remain from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., followed by Chris Carlin at night.

Greenberg and Kellerman both have New York roots, but their shows will be national, which may help the FAN as it builds post-Francesa.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Max Kellerman admits two things he was wrong about with infamous Tom Brady take
Isaiah Houde

9 hours ago
Max Kellerman is well-known in the sports world for many opinions and hot takes — but, his theory of Tom Brady and the “cliff” took the limelight.
The ESPN analyst said Brady would abruptly fall off a cliff four years ago and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback is still pushing at the age of 43. Kellerman stuck with his argument and has refused to walk it back on numerous occasions. Though he still won’t admit he was wrong about the entire take, he did acknowledge he was wrong about two things.
“I should have never said bum and I apologized for that the next day because I was being glib, but I should have never have said bum, especially about someone like Tom Brady,” Kellerman said on WEEI’s “Ordway, Merloni & Fauria.” “But, I did believe in the cliff. OK, I was wrong in two ways. One, it was the year after my prediction. And two, it is much more of a ravine than a cliff. Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, those guys, ‘Oh, my God. They have better than they have ever been and then all of a sudden they couldn’t play anymore.’ I was expecting something like that where as Brady was better than he had ever been and then he took a deep fall, but he’s still — even then I said he could be average. He’s a little better than average still, but I don’t think much.”
He believes Bill Belichick saw what he did and that’s why Brady is no longer sporting a New England Patriots jersey.
“Let’s look at what happened, because it’s not like Belichick wasn’t seeing the same thing that I was seeing,” he said. “He wanted to get rid of Brady for (Jimmy) Garoppolo. Brady did an end-around Belichick, went to the owner, went to (Robert) Kraft and got Garoppolo shipped out of town. Garoppolo took a team that couldn’t win to save their lives, went 5-0, got hurt and again, couldn’t win to save their lives, he comes back and they don’t lose. They go to the Super Bowl and have a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter. Like, Belichick saw that and wanted to replace Brady with that guy. He couldn’t. Brady left the cupboard bare for him.
“In the meantime, Brady and the Patriots needed to beat Miami the last week of the season, that is a game they always win, but he didn’t. And then you need to win the playoff game and when you don’t have a bye in the first round in the worst division ever, it’s easy to advance. It was a little harder last year and he couldn’t do it because he’s getting old.”
Brady’s ability to play at a high level is extremely impressive and he could continue to prove Kellerman wrong this season and beyond. At the end of the day, Brady is out and Cam Newton is the new signal-caller for Josh McDaniels and Belichick.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
e7c12d84-e8df-418e-bdf6-f26d14184882_200_10.gif

predicted ALL this exactly

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That probably wouldn't even help, I know when I want to see highlights, I just go watch YouTube.

damn

you NOT wrong

but TRUST I could fix all that

they aint using the app right, they schedule is messed up, they aint utilizing the talent right, podcasts too...

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sucka shit. He couldn’t even show up for his last day on the show that he wanted him off of

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt till tomorrow

even though I don;t really watch Fist Take like that anymore...

If he got a messed up nose?

We gonna have to give him a pass on this.

Cause looking at THAT nose?

I believe the sleep apena story.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt till tomorrow

even though I don;t really watch Fist Take like that anymore...

If he got a messed up nose?

We gonna have to give him a pass on this.

Cause looking at THAT nose?

I believe the sleep apena story.
He’s made queens the butt of many jokes along with the Mets. He gets no pass from me

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ESPN desperately want Skip Bayless especially since NFL is approaching and Skip's love for the Cowboys bring great ratings when him and Stephen A can argue about that subject.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ESPN desperately want Skip Bayless especially since NFL is approaching and Skip's love for the Cowboys bring great ratings when him and Stephen A can argue about that subject.

Yup. People hate Skip (Let’s be honest, he focuses on LeBron way too much). He knows his shit. He’s followed some of the best teams / athletes ever at every major newspaper he stopped at (Dallas Cowboys in the 90’s and the Chicago Bulls in Jordan’s last years).

Bruh knows what he’s talking about. Kellerman would just spout off even when he knew very little.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup. People hate Skip (Let’s be honest, he focuses on LeBron way too much). He knows his shit. He’s followed some of the best teams / athletes ever at every major newspaper he stopped at (Dallas Cowboys in the 90’s and the Chicago Bulls in Jordan’s last years).

Bruh knows what he’s talking about. Kellerman would just spout off even when he knew very little.
Yeah Max need to stick to boxing since that's what he's best at. I never really took him serious discussing other sports. Just like I don't take Stephen A serious when he talks baseball or football.