Fake DJing BUSTED...tell the truth..sometimes ya'll pretend to turn knobs just to look busy

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
What makes this whole thing funnier and sadder at the same time is that new CDJs literally have a button next to the tempo slider that resets the tempo back to its original setting :hithead:

CDJ-3000-top-swf-pc.jpg

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
A good explanation of what most likely happened to Grimes and what should've been done to avoid it besides relying heavily on the Sync button

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
A good explanation of what most likely happened to Grimes and what should've been done to avoid it besides relying heavily on the Sync button

All this goofy non sense . I miss the old shit when you just used records and relied on your ear . It eliminates all these wack button pushing non rhythm having fags. Cheating computer relying on trash ass fake dj’s

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
All this goofy non sense . I miss the old shit when you just used records and relied on your ear . It eliminates all these wack button pushing non rhythm having fags. Cheating computer relying on trash ass fake dj’s
I hear ya. While the software does indeed make things easier, the skillset is still required to be a legitimate DJ. Can't get mad because the technology advanced. You can always tell who is only using the laptop for music organization and who's relying on extra features to shortcut their away around things.

As a DJ I hate how much social media has emboldened some to think it's easy to be a DJ and all they do is press play. Seeing them playing pre-recorded mixes or abusing features to skirt around actually doing work just scuffs my Timbs. That's why videos like what happened to Grimes make me chuckle cuz real recognize real and the fake ones always get exposed.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member

I hear ya. While the software does indeed make things easier, the skillset is still required to be a legitimate DJ. Can't get mad because the technology advanced. You can always tell who is only using the laptop for music organization and who's relying on extra features to shortcut their away around things.

As a DJ I hate how much social media has emboldened some to think it's easy to be a DJ and all they do is press play. Seeing them playing pre-recorded mixes or abusing features to skirt around actually doing work just scuffs my Timbs. That's why videos like what happened to Grimes make me chuckle cuz real recognize real and the fake ones always get exposed.
both of these post are true
props to those that learned the art on analog decks & worked their way up to digital gear