Female posters: How would you react to the request to sign a Prenup.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
femmenoire said:
I wouldn't have a problem with it but I wouldn't have much faith in him because it would mean he doesn't have much faith in our relationship.

you can't always view as such..

prenups have a significant meaning other then "she won't get mine"

for example my prenuptial not only protects my interests, it also means my employees will never have to worry about being out of a job because i have to liquidate holdings.

Adam Knows

Platinum Member
the very first time when i was going to be married, when i explained to my fiancee at the time about the prenuptial and what it involves, she flipped. of course we didnt get married because i was adamant on it and my lawyer was going to make sure i stayed with it. I'm glad i did, because the way she acted afterwards confirmed she had ulterior motives.... she stalked me for months on some harass shit then started to harass my my girlfriend after her (who became my wife) til she crossed the line and got her azz arrested.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Da Don said:
you can't always view as such..

prenups have a significant meaning other then "she won't get mine"

for example my prenuptial not only protects my interests, it also means my employees will never have to worry about being out of a job because i have to liquidate holdings.

Good point

Prenups are necessary because we live in a country with a grossly unbalanced court system that loves rewarding the woman regardless of whether she is truly deserving or not

If things were balanced, prenups wouldn't be necessary in the first place

Funny, "greed" and "selfishness" are mentioned when men discuss prenups but those same descriptions are NOT used when women discuss divorce settlements and alimony :rolleyes:

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
My thing is...generally the man is asking for the woman's hand in marriage.

Why bother if all you're worried about is how you come out of it?

Adam Knows

Platinum Member
femmenoire said:

because you have to be able to live after the fact femm......

a couple can go into a marriage with the best intentions...things just happen to go wrong to the point it can't be rectified. Divorce is on it's way....

A woman can go in with the best intentions, but a lawyer can turn that woman into a demon from hell.

John_Gault

Support BGOL
Registered
I've SEEN what the failure to pre-nup can do to a person . . .

I can tell you that the REALIZATION AFTER THE FACT, is and can be nothing LESS THAN DEVASTATING . . . esp. when it's the guy who never wanted to be divorced in the 1st place. This happened to one of my closest homies. Wife had 'em by the macadamias.

. . . . . Better him than me.

TRUFIC, I must ask . . . is DEEP and ABIDING LOVE the ONLY reason couples get married or are there other factors to consider? Please answer if you can.

JG

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
femmenoire said:

Because traditionally the law is stacked in a woman's favor. Goldiggers run rampant. Shit happens. Divorce rate is higher than a mufucka. America is the most litigatinous country in the fuckin world. And unless a nigga name is Harry Dresden and he got a crystal ball with a uncle who lives in a skull in the basement, ain't no tellin what the future holds. So...why not?

Gotta have an exit strategy nowadays.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
femmenoire said:

This is akin to saying that people who don't want to die shouldn't buy life insurance. A rational man, who has something to lose, will cover his ass irrespective of having nothing but the best intentions.

John_Gault

Support BGOL
Registered
XXXplosive said:
Good point

Prenups are necessary because we live in a country with a grossly unbalanced court system that loves rewarding the woman regardless of whether she is truly deserving or not

If things were balanced, prenups wouldn't be necessary in the first place

Funny, "greed" and "selfishness" are mentioned when men discuss prenups but those same descriptions are NOT used when women discuss divorce settlements and alimony
:rolleyes:

I thought I do a JB and "say it LOUDER", 'cause some of you, either aren't listening, too enamored by the fantasies of marriage, don't know the complexities of, OR are so tied to your own p.o.v. that NO LOGICAL argument supported by reality and fact will EVER suffice.

Eewll, DON'T EVEN 2nd GUESS IT. Fuck a ladder scaling motherfucker.

Here's a quote by an asshole I couldn't stand . . . so fuck the messenger, BUT

"Trust . . but verify" - Ronald Reagan

Honesty and transparency is a moment to moment endeavor, life and times are ALWAYS changing . . . . keep 'em honest bruh, keep 'em honest.

You know what I tell chicks that say they don't trust me? . . .Cool, it's an opportunity for my actions to have a voice . . . while other kats spin yarns.

JG

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MissMighty said:
Yes but Femme's statement summed it up. If I'm around while he's broke why wouldn't I be around when he's rich? Makes the prenup kind of like a smack in the face.
Ain't nobody gon marry yo crazy ass no-way so don't worry bout it.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
John_Gault said:
I thought I do a JB and "say it LOUDER", 'cause some of you, either aren't listening, too enamored by the fantasies of marriage, don't know the complexities of, OR are so tied to your own p.o.v. that NO LOGICAL argument supported by reality and fact will EVER suffice.

Eewll, DON'T EVEN 2nd GUESS IT. Fuck a ladder scaling motherfucker.

Here's a quote by an asshole I couldn't stand . . . so fuck the messenger, BUT

"Trust . . but verify" - Ronald Reagan

Honesty and transparency is a moment to moment endeavor, life and times are ALWAYS changing . . . . keep 'em honest bruh, keep 'em honest.

You know what I tell chicks that say they don't trust me? . . .Cool, it's an opportunity for my actions to have a voice . . . while other kats spin yarns.

JG

word :yes:

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cbm_redux said:
This is akin to saying that people who don't want to die shouldn't buy life insurance. A rational man, who has something to lose, will cover his ass irrespective of having nothing but the best intentions.

Exactly, my dad thought that he would be with each of his three wives (four marriages) for life. It doesn't always work as planned. Protect yourself people !!!

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
femmenoire said:

...i think that is EXACTLY what a lot of brothers are realizing. so we don't :dance:

been there, done that, carved like a turkey at thanksgiving...these days?...no thanks

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
femmenoire said:

But thats just the formality of it. Women initiate the engagement process as as men do.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
SWATLANTA said:
Exactly, my dad thought that he would be with each of his three wives (four marriages) for life. It doesn't always work as planned. Protect yourself people !!!

It's even more critical to protect your assets if you have children. Otherwise, you might end up giving away your child's birthright (everything you'll make over the course of a lifetime) to some bitch you met at a bar. It ain't that much romantic love in the world for me not to look out for my daughter's interests first... second and third.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
Dert Bagg said:
But thats just the formality of it. Women initiate the engagement process as as men do.

I agree with that. I guess I'm different that way.

Why would I try to urge someone to marry me? But that's another thread.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
^Not urge, but communicate. Nobody (with sense anyway) asks a woman to marry him unless he already knows the answer.

LeftSideLean

Potential Star
Registered
mr_mantel_216 said:
This is how id phrase the senario... say he has faith/trust in you, the relationship and all that good stuff... then things take a turn for the worse and it is obvious the union just cant go on.... its divorce time... will YOU want half of what he worked for and got???

Yo. I think this is kind of a ridiculous question to ask a woman. How many women would really respond with :"If this marraige don't work out, I'ma run his pockets,' even if they felt that way? Its impossible to predict what woman will do in that situation, especially if there are kids involved.

App4RITioN said:
I have a very simple way of tackling this issue. If I'm filthy rich when I meet a chick that I fall in love with, best believe she's signing a prenup. The reason for this is I can be madly in love with her but, who's to say she's in love with me?? If she doesn't sign it, what does that say? She can yell and holler all she wants to. There's no telling what she's gonna do down the road. Fuck that half shit...

Real talk. Luckily I'm broke as shit in med school and in school right now and my girl is toughin in out with me, so I don't feel like It's gon be an issue for me if we decide to tie the knot. But if this relationship don't work and I end up meetin a chick after I get that MD and start stackin some dough, best beleive I'ma make sure she know where i stand on that issue long before I get to a proposal.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
LeftSideLean said:
I'm broke as shit in med school and in school right now and my girl is toughin in out with me, so I don't feel like It's gon be an issue for me if we decide to tie the knot.

Two words: future earnings

MissMighty

Fuck You INGRATES
Platinum Member
DjMorpheus said:
Ain't nobody gon marry yo crazy ass no-way so don't worry bout it.

I will fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you up you dayum jerkie jerk keep talkin greasy and we gon see what it do :yes:

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MissMighty said:
I will fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you up you dayum jerkie jerk keep talkin greasy and we gon see what it do :yes:
Ummm hmmm. I done told ya to find sompem to do. You better stay in that corner in the CROUCHIN DANCER HIDDEN HEIFFER pose. Find you some of these groupie niggas you got round here to play wit.

Lady-Wiz

Star
Super Moderator
TRUFICTION said:
Well................i Aint One Of The Bgol Females But....
Imma Go Ahead And Crack Outta Turn.

Bottom Line.............
If You Gotta Have A Pre-nup....whay Get Married.
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED IF YOU HAVE TO DO THAT.
You Are Getting Married For All The Wrong Reasons.

Just My Two Cents..............
i agree:yes:

LeftSideLean

Potential Star
Registered
cbm_redux said:
Two words: future earnings

I feel you, but the amount of shit she's paid for to help with my education (books, clothes etc) , she lightweight would deserve some of it. She hold me down real tough.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
LeftSideLean said:
I feel you, but the amount of shit she's paid for to help with my education (books, clothes etc) , she lightweight would deserve some of it. She hold me down real tough.

I can't even fathom this kind of logic. Niggas routinely feed bitches and bitches' little bastards from previous relationships for years, and they still get stuck in court. Unless that bitch performed a few dozen cholecystectomies, she wouldn't deserve shit of mined.

ASHYKNUCKKS

Support BGOL
Registered
Miss Lead Luv said:
TRUST ME when you have mutual true love ITS WORSE, more emotions = more spite and heated breakups...[kanye]we want prenup, we want prenup [/kanye]

And since Black women tend to make more money than Black men shouldn't this post be directed at yall :cool:
co-sign...

ASHYKNUCKKS

Support BGOL
Registered
Da Don said:
because you have to be able to live after the fact femm......

a couple can go into a marriage with the best intentions...things just happen to go wrong to the point it can't be rectified. Divorce is on it's way....

A woman can go in with the best intentions, but a lawyer can turn that woman into a demon from hell.
Church!!!

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
Well since I have always made around the same or more than the men I've been with, I guess I don't have any problems.

So is Bobby Brown entitled to half of Whitney's earnings?

Was Nick Lachey entitled to half of Jessica Simpson's?

LeftSideLean

Potential Star
Registered
cbm_redux said:
I can't even fathom this kind of logic. Niggas routinely feed bitches and bitches' little bastards from previous relationships for years, and they still get stuck in court. Unless that bitch performed a few dozen cholecystectomies, she wouldn't deserve shit of mined.

Not sure how this relates to me. I don't have shit now, and don't really pay for shit for her. no kids, no drama etc...

Question though, can a pre-nup protect future earnings anyway? I always thought it only pertained to assets attained prior to marraige.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
John_Gault said:
I've SEEN what the failure to pre-nup can do to a person . . .

I can tell you that the REALIZATION AFTER THE FACT, is and can be nothing LESS THAN DEVASTATING . . . esp. when it's the guy who never wanted to be divorced in the 1st place. This happened to one of my closest homies. Wife had 'em by the macadamias.

. . . . . Better him than me.

TRUFIC, I must ask . . . is DEEP and ABIDING LOVE the ONLY reason couples get married or are there other factors to consider? Please answer if you can.

JG

THERE ARE A GANG OF REASONS
NUMBER ONE IS BUILDING OF FAMILY
NOBODY CARES ABOUT FAMILY ANYMORE
PEOPLE WANT ALL THE BENEFITS OF FAMILY BUT WONT PUT IN THE WORK
PEOPLE PLAYIN HOUSE AND THEN GET MAD
WHEN SHIT GETS ALL FUCKED UP.

ONE OF THE BIGGEST FACTORS TO CONSIDER IS HONESTY
THE AVERAGE LAW ABIDING , MARRIED SO CALLED CHRISTIAN COUPLE
ARE FUCKIN LIARS.
THEY LIE DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO THE ONE PERSON THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO LIE TOO.........THEIR SPOUSE.

THEY CANT BE HONEST WITH EACH OTHER
BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY...AND OPTHER FACTORS
WHICH I A PERSONAL PROBLEM TO EACH INDIVIDUAL.

IF YOU ARE A HIGHLY JEALOUS PERSON ...YOU NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF
NOT THE OTHER PERSON.
IF THE OTHER PERSON AINT SHIT ............
WHEN YOU ARE A PERSON THAT STANDS FOR SOMETHING ON YOUR OWN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS....THERES TO MUCH SUGAR COATING GONING ON.

PEOPLE THINK ITS NASTY TO FART IN FRONT OF YOUR WOMAN OR A WOMAN TO FART IN FRONT OF HER MAN.
IF YOU CANT EVEN FART WITHOUT BEING LABLED NASTY IN FRONT OF YOUR OWN SPOUSE THEN YOU ARE A FUCKIN LIAR.
THAT SHIT IS NATURAL AND IF YOU CANT TAKE IT YOU SHOULDNT
EVEN CONSIDER BEING MARRIED.

PEOPLE SPEND TOO MUCH TIME WORRING ABOUT WEATHER OR NOT THE
THE PERSON THEY THINK THEY WANT TO BE WITH IS GOOD ENOUGH
YET THEY HAVENT DONE ANY WORK ON THEMSELVES EITHER.
SO YOU END UP WITH THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND

IF YOUR WOMAN WONT WIPE YOUR ASS IF YOU GET SICK
YOU DONT NEED TO MARRY HER CAUSE SHE DONT LOVE YOU.
AND THE SAME APPLIES TO EVERY MAN.
IF YOU WONT TAKE CARE OF YOUR WOMAN UNDER THE MOST FUCKED UP OF CIRCUMSTANCES THEN MARRIAGE SHOULD BE OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR YOU.

WE NOW LIVE IN A TIME WHEN IT ALL ABOUT ME ME ME
NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYONE ANYMORE.
ITS ALL ECONOMICS AND SUPERFICIAL BULLSHIT

I SAY GO AHEAD AND GET THAT MONEY...IF YOU CAN:rolleyes:
AND GET A PRENUP AND MARRAY A BITCH THATS GONNA TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS....
WHEN ITS YOUR TIME TO LEAVE HERE ...LIFE
IF YOURE LUCKY ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT ITS COMING
PEOPLE WILL SEE THAT IT WASNT WORTH IT TO BE SO FUCKIN SELF CENTERED AND SELFISH.
YOUR MONEY WILL END UP SOMEWHERE YOU DIDNT WANT IT TO GO ANYWAY....WHY?
BECAUSE THEY WONT HAVE ANY FAMILY TO LEAVE IT TOO.
YOUR LEGACY WILL END RIGHT THERE.

FAMILY REUNIONS WILL SOON TAKE ON A NEW FACE
AND BE NOTHING LIKE WHAT WE ARE USED TOO TODAY.

YOU MAKE MONEY TO BE COMFORTABLE
BUT THE REAL PURPOSE IS TO BUILD FAMILY WEALTH.
SO THAT YOUR KIDS, KIDS HAVE SOMETHING.

THE BLACK FAMILY IS ALREADY BROKEN
WE HAVE DONE IREVERSABLE DAMAGE
AND WE CONTINUE TO EXIBIT BEHAVIOR TO ONLY MAKE IT WORSE.

SOON THERE WILL BE NO BLACK FAMILIES
ONLY BABY MOMMAS AND SINGLE CATS WITH
PLENTY OF BITCHES THEYRE FUCKIN.
THE KIDS ARE GROWING UP TO THINK ITS NORMAL TO GET GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE AND CHILD SUPPORT.

IT HAS BECOME OK FOR MOMMA TO HAVE TWO OR THREE BENEFACTORS THAT TRICK WITH HER WEEKLY FOR NIKE AND RENT MONEY.
THEN WE HOLLER THE COMMUNITY IS SUFFERING
THERE ARE NO BUSINESSES AND NO COMMUNITY CENTERS
THERE ARE NO ROLE MODELS AND SO ON...........WONDER WHY ?

THE SADDEST PART IS MOST OF THE SAME PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THE
PRENUPTIAL LINE OF THINKING ARE ALSO COSBY SUPPORTERS.
HOW BACKWARDS IS THAT.
BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMITING GENOCIDE EVERYDAY AND CANT EVEN SEE IT WHILE SCREAMING COSBY IS RIGHT AND SAYING SHIT LIKE
"BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER"...:smh:

IM DONT RANTING
I HOPE I AT LEAST TOUCHED ON WHAT YOU ASKED TOO ANSWER
BECAUSE I COULD GO ON ALL NIGHT ABOUT THIS SHIT.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Miss Lead Luv said:
And since Black women tend to make more money than Black men shouldn't this post be directed at yall :cool:

Many black women are coming into Assets, i.e. House etc, due to aging generation passing on and leaving them a good stepping stone. I think that's a good thing.

As far as relationships go. Of course I've figured out that Camel's humps are actually filled with the hopes and dreams of love that we have for each other when in a relationship.

That's why when I grow up, I'm going to be a Somalia warlord with his own Nascar track and I will institute a state religion where I will be worshipped as, " Shane - Phallic god of wordly wealth and exctasy giver to the female population. "

:hmm:

younghustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
femmenoire said:
Well since I have always made around the same or more than the men I've been with, I guess I don't have any problems.

So is Bobby Brown entitled to half of Whitney's earnings?

Was Nick Lachey entitled to half of Jessica Simpson's?

Hell yeah ... :lol:

Bobby is entitled to half of Whitney's stuff if there is no pre-nup. Juanita Jordan ain't ever hit a jumpshot and the chic got $200 million.

Nick helped make Jessica's career. The show on MTV was called Newleyweds : Nick & Jessica. Before the show and when they 1st got married, he was the bigger star & she didn't want a pre-nup because she was going to get over if it went south. The law is the law and should be applied equally to both sexes.

mrjody

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TRUFICTION said:
I CHALLENGE YOU TO NAME ONE CAT THAT IS RICH AND GOING THROUGH IT THAT DIDNT END UP FUCKED UP BECAUSE OF SOME
DUMB SHIT HE WAS ON.

Waddup TF!!

What was the OOOG Bobby Johnson doing wrong?
I heard that nigga got licked for $400 M's.

That must be some MAJOR fuck up...

John_Gault

Support BGOL
Registered
TRUFICTION said:
THERE ARE A GANG OF REASONS
NUMBER ONE IS BUILDING OF FAMILY

TRUFICTION said:
NOBODY CARES ABOUT FAMILY ANYMORE
PEOPLE WANT ALL THE BENEFITS OF FAMILY BUT WONT PUT IN THE WORK
PEOPLE PLAYIN HOUSE AND THEN GET MAD
WHEN SHIT GETS ALL FUCKED UP.

Here, I think you're proving the pro pre-nup position. Getting up and leaving is not in the plan, nor is cheating if she "feels trapped". At least, not with that money she won't

TRUFICTION said:
ONE OF THE BIGGEST FACTORS TO CONSIDER IS HONESTY
THE AVERAGE LAW ABIDING , MARRIED SO CALLED CHRISTIAN COUPLE
ARE FUCKIN LIARS.
THEY LIE DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO THE ONE PERSON THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO LIE TOO.........THEIR SPOUSE.

See previous reply. It should be obvious that if a believer can lie to god, they can certainly lie to you . . meaning misrepresent him/herself. Couldn't they?

TRUFICTION said:
PEOPLE SPEND TOO MUCH TIME WORRING ABOUT WEATHER OR NOT THE
THE PERSON THEY THINK THEY WANT TO BE WITH IS GOOD ENOUGH
YET THEY HAVENT DONE ANY WORK ON THEMSELVES EITHER.
SO YOU END UP WITH THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.

You stated that you're not part of THIS generation. This is what THIS generation has to put up with. The rules you and YOUR wife live by fall on deaf ears out there today. So . . you can never be too sure.

TRUFICTION said:
WE NOW LIVE IN A TIME WHEN IT ALL ABOUT ME ME ME
NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYONE ANYMORE.
ITS ALL ECONOMICS AND SUPERFICIAL BULLSHIT

So again, why wouldn't a person, male or female, NOT guard against such potential subversions?

TRUFICTION said:
I SAY GO AHEAD AND GET THAT MONEY...IF YOU CAN:rolleyes:
Don't you OWN a business and a home, etc, etc? You can't disparage one for getting their economic act together, AND not expect to produce MORE . . THUGS can you?

TRUFICTION said:
AND GET A PRENUP AND MARRAY A BITCH THATS GONNA TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS....
ONLY if the pre-nup isn't worth the paper it's printed on. I believe the over arching point of a pre-nup is to NEVER actually experience the need for its' validity to be tested . . right?

TRUFICTION said:
PEOPLE WILL SEE THAT IT WASNT WORTH IT TO BE SO FUCKIN SELF CENTERED AND SELFISH.
Who's the selfish one in this scenario you envision?

TRUFICTION said:
YOUR MONEY WILL END UP SOMEWHERE YOU DIDNT WANT IT TO GO ANYWAY....WHY?
BECAUSE THEY WONT HAVE ANY FAMILY TO LEAVE IT TOO.
YOUR LEGACY WILL END RIGHT THERE.

Esp. if some crafty gold digger swipes it up! BUT these are some broad assumptions you made here, and I don't quite get why you of all folks would make them. A Pre-nup doesn't PREVENT or PRECLUDE ANYONE from being GENEROUS . . . . ALSO, if one were compelled to do so, say . . in ones twilight years to destroy it, they certainly COULD . . .couldn't they?

TRUFICTION said:
YOU MAKE MONEY TO BE COMFORTABLE
BUT THE REAL PURPOSE IS TO BUILD FAMILY WEALTH.
SO THAT YOUR KIDS, KIDS HAVE SOMETHING.

Seems like you're making a strong case for a pre-nup. You sure you don't have one tucked away somewhere, while you giving these BGOL heads hell for wanting to protect their assets(at least hypothetically)? :lol: :lol:

As I see it, to ENSURE that the lives (let's use me as an example) I would be SUPPORTING, it WOULDN'T be in the PLANS for an act of subversion fuck up the very thing that ALLOWS me to continue to provide for the folks I care about. That means wills, and pre-nups and ALL that are on the table. We live in a very LITIGIOUS society . . . one can never be too sure.

TRUFICTION said:
THE SADDEST PART IS MOST OF THE SAME PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THE
PRENUPTIAL LINE OF THINKING ARE ALSO COSBY SUPPORTERS.
HOW BACKWARDS IS THAT.
BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMITING GENOCIDE EVERYDAY AND CANT EVEN SEE IT WHILE SCREAMING COSBY IS RIGHT AND SAYING SHIT LIKE
"BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER"...:smh:

Umm, we certainly do bruh, we certainly do.

I for one appreciate what cosby said. I don't agree with his tactics. It was the move of a desperate man that cares. The other side of that coin is he did it to give sanction and relief to white attitudes toward the condition of the "black" community. (A whole separate thread).
Yeah, you went on a tear because although much of what you said is true regarding the state of the black family, it has next to nothing to do with a prenuptial agreement.

While I'm dismayed at the lack of integrity visited upon the INSTITUTION of marriage, the sobering reality leads me to the following conclusion. Tell me if I mis-represent the facts:

fact 1

Love is Love and marriage is a contract that legally recognizes the connection and unionship of the 2 parties to it. This "license" is many things, but certainly a document of record.

fact 2
Beyond love and the myriad things that illustrate it(as you articulated above) building a family and providing for it requires many resources; emotional, chronological(time), wisdom, and the endurance to support and stabilize said effort . . . . ongoingly. One COULD rely on the state, but most men and women agree on the necessity of MONEY to do so, marriage or not.

fact 3
This suggest that we live in a society where ones ability to survive, thrive and (if your hard work pays off well) experience joy & fulfillment is mostly related in direct proportion to ones' financial circumstances. A simple formula could be stated simply as effort(hard work) = benefit (money/compensation). yes or no?

If your answer to the last question is no(which I doubt you'd say), please explain by what means one is to live in a society where everyone seemingly has to work to "make a respectable living".

hypothetical situation

Another question, and a scenario if you could oblige me: A young man commits a crime(let's say arson), gets busted and sent to prison for "rehabilitation". Upon release as a fully qualified adult (at least in age) he is then released. What is this mans fate?

Given the length and nature of the ailments to this failing institution (or rather that which is failing the institution) the rationale for marriage as opposed to co-habitation seems clear. In fact, a couple can have all the benefits of marriage, even legal name change to give the same outward appearance of the union. So again . . . why marriage?

I feel you on the "state of the black family" and If you could address these specifically, It'll help me clear up some things this thread has produced.

JG