Flat Earthers Spend $20,000 Trying To Prove Earth Is Flat, Accidentally Prove It’s Round

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Flat Earthers Spend $20,000 Trying To Prove Earth Is Flat, Accidentally Prove It’s Round

In what may be one of the most satisfying TV moments we can recall, a group of conspiracy theorists have accidentally spent thousands of dollars to prove that yes, actually, the Earth is round.

The scene in a new Netflix documentary called Behind the Curve, which follows a group of Flat Earthers, a “small but growing contingent of people who firmly believe in a conspiracy to suppress the truth that the Earth is flat”.

flat-earthers.png
One of those Flat Earthers is Bob Knodel, who hosts a YouTube channel entirely dedicated to the theory and who is one of the team relying on a $20,000 laser gyroscope to prove the Earth doesn’t actually rotate.

Except… It does.

“What we found is, when we turned on that gyroscope, we found that we were picking up a drift,” Knodel explains. “A 15-degree per hour drift.

“Now, obviously we were taken aback by that – ‘Wow, that’s kind of a problem.’

“We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for easy to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth.”

You know what they say: If your experiment proves you wrong, just disregard the results!

“We don’t want to blow this, you know?” Knodel then says to another Flat Earther. “When you’ve got $20,000 in this freaking gyro.

“If we dumped what we found right now, it would be bad? It would be bad.

“What I just told you was confidential.”

https://beyondblindfold.com/flat-ea...e-earth-is-flat-accidentally-prove-its-round/

And oh yeah...
:lol:

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
I saw that documentary. It wasn't very good. It should have been over in the first 5 minutes. That 52 second YouTube clip was the only interesting part of it and they showed that at the very end.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

In what may be one of the most satisfying TV moments we can recall, a group of conspiracy theorists have accidentally spent thousands of dollars to prove that yes, actually, the Earth is round.

The scene in a new Netflix documentary called Behind the Curve, which follows a group of Flat Earthers, a “small but growing contingent of people who firmly believe in a conspiracy to suppress the truth that the Earth is flat”.

flat-earthers.png
One of those Flat Earthers is Bob Knodel, who hosts a YouTube channel entirely dedicated to the theory and who is one of the team relying on a $20,000 laser gyroscope to prove the Earth doesn’t actually rotate.

Except… It does.

“What we found is, when we turned on that gyroscope, we found that we were picking up a drift,” Knodel explains. “A 15-degree per hour drift.

“We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for easy to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth.”

You know what they say: If your experiment proves you wrong, just disregard the results!

“We don’t want to blow this, you know?” Knodel then says to another Flat Earther. “When you’ve got $20,000 in this freaking gyro.

https://beyondblindfold.com/flat-ea...e-earth-is-flat-accidentally-prove-its-round/

And oh yeah...

Nigga....

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's unbelievable that people still think the earth is flat. It's like it's like they are living in 1867.

There is an MMA fighter in the UFC that thinks the earth is flat. I forget his name. He said until I get up in a rocket to see otherwise, the earth is flat.

I was like, A BUNCH of others have already done that retard!!!

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I'm a novice to this topic but have seen it multiple times over a lifetime.

What exactly is the purpose of trying to disprove the earth's roundness? I've never understood this

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

flat-earthers.png

Except… It does.

And oh yeah...

If you do your research, which you won't, you will indeed find that this article is bullshit.

Jeran did the experiment, and he explains in detail what happened with the experiment.

And that's all I'm going to say.