Former NBA player Delonte West getting beat up in the middle of the street in DC.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
Registered
I spoke to him last year. Said wassup, he spoke back and just made a comment about the weather. He looked thin, like he wasn’t taking care of himself.

He wasn’t as bad as what I saw in that video at all.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Where is the obligatory CAC that jumps out in protest when someone is down and getting stomped out?

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So many people are talking about "help him" like it's that easy. If the person doesnt want help and isn't ready to embrace a new path in life, he's not going to change. Good luck to him though. That's a fucked up way to exist.
This...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh, how you know what's in people's heart if anything people are commenting because he was once a highly paid NBA player and its shocking to see him reduced to this shell of his prior self. I feel terrible for anyone that has their life impacted by mental illness and or drugs but yes this is a lil more shocking cause I used to watch this man play professional ball.
we have threads where people proudly boast of not giving homeless people money, or happy when government take away assistance from the needy, and laugh at druggies... Yet we have a dude who fits the description and now nigs sad cause he was an entertainer... See what kind of world we live in nigs walk over the needy with zero fucks given but cry when a modern day court jester is in the same predicament... It's like the idiot box has trained people to not give a s hit about the common man and only care about people who income brackets are on higher levels... The reaction is more sadder than the reality of the common situation that affects millions of individuals

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How did a conversation about Delonte West current situation devolve into how it makes Bron's mom look? Especially since that rumor was never confirmed or proven by anyone.
Kobe has an unreleased pair of nikes that were in Cleveland colors called the "motherfuckers".. Always thought that was a slight at that situation...it was supposed to come out same year as the accusations

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Yall know some homeless people don't fight back out of fear of excessive charges, right?
Like, dudes that could obliterate their attacker if they wanted to, don't... because they have seen how judges treat anything THEY do (Even in self defense) as if they were mad dogs.
Some dudes would just rather spend the night on Ward's Island instead of Riker's Island.
I just had the thought that an athletic type like Delonte might be in that same frame of thought, taking a beating like that. :smh: :dunno: :smh:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yall know some homeless people don't fight back out of fear of excessive charges, right?
Like, dudes that could obliterate their attacker if they wanted to, don't... because they have seen how judges treat anything THEY do (Even in self defense) as if they were mad dogs.
Some dudes would just rather spend the night on Ward's Island instead of Riker's Island.
I just had the thought that an athletic type like Delonte might be in that same frame of thought, taking a beating like that. :smh: :dunno: :smh:
could also be that he was weak due to being under the influence... Can fuck with your thought process as well as mobile capabilities..reasons why I don't consume the m..being in a vulnerable state

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Didn't watch the video. But what amazes me is that he was able to accomplish what he had in life with whatever mental issue it is he has

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I didn't realize that he was out there like that
Sadly enough I’ve seen him on several occasions in person in the area and I have to say that’s by far the worse he’s looked. He’s been on that path for several years

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
we have threads where people proudly boast of not giving homeless people money, or happy when government take away assistance from the needy, and laugh at druggies... Yet we have a dude who fits the description and now nigs sad cause he was an entertainer... See what kind of world we live in nigs walk over the needy with zero fucks given but cry when a modern day court jester is in the same predicament... It's like the idiot box has trained people to not give a s hit about the common man and only care about people who income brackets are on higher levels... The reaction is more sadder than the reality of the common situation that affects millions of individuals
I was kind of thinking the same thing. If no one knew who that was and that same clip ended up on WSHH, the reaction would have been very different.

The only saving grace about this story is that people can see that mental illness can get to anybody, even people we view as "valuable" and successful.

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
Indian head hwy runs through ft washington, Md. . Looks like that happened on I-295.(which cuts thru DC and back into md) I could be wrong though. either way sad shit.
yup, it’s right after the overpass of the beltway going towards Ft. Washington.

Blackmayne

Rising Star
Registered
Sad part is the shit that happened to Delonte can happen to anyone at any time... one baddest chick I know had a nervous breakdowns in her 20's .... chick was smart beautiful had a full ride to St Johns university in NYC.... few years later she showed up at my front door rambling talking complete gibberish she looked dishevelled and lost. I called her mom apparently she had been missing for months, apparently it all started with a bad sinus infection.... sad shit

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So many people are talking about "help him" like it's that easy. If the person doesnt want help and isn't ready to embrace a new path in life, he's not going to change. Good luck to him though. That's a fucked up way to exist.

This Is the Key, on so many levels, and what so many people can't seem to grasp. You can only help someone that wants to be helped. If they don't theres nothing you can do. A whole lot of collateral damage may occur trying to help person that doesn't want help.