Gamers: You Should Buy a PlayStation 3 Even If You Don’t Play Video Games

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Xb1 can do all this shit now... including streaming music and movies from not an external hard drive, but through plex and media server.

And because of the universal access apps program.. you can download tons of Windows Pc aps on XB1... like moviesfreetube and Hdmovies, and VLC.

Not including the fact that Kodi was recently added to the Windows store... as soon as that badboy gets granted access to XB1 it's a wrap.

I'm still working on gathering more details before I post a thread on how to turn this system into a mini-Kodi but the XB1 is on its way to becoming one of the most useful consoles that I've ever seen.

none of this means anything to me unless I can store movies/music directly on the XB1 hard drive like I can on the PS3 or nvidia shield :dunno: it's just simply an option I prefer to have...my PC is upstairs and away from my entertainment center...and I don't like having to leave it on serving as a middle man to stream movies/music

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
none of this means anything to me unless I can store movies/music directly on the XB1 hard drive like I can on the PS3 or nvidia shield :dunno: it's just simply an option I prefer to have...my PC is upstairs and away from my entertainment center...and I don't like having to leave it on serving as a middle man to stream movies/music

But you can.. ive got an external hard drive hooked up to mine just for movies and music and I've my Xbox1 synced to my music on computer through my network. I have a twonky server.

Hell im actually listening to Moonchild's Be Free album on my Xbox1 right now while I'm trying to knock out these bankruptcy cases.

The Xbox1 has come a long way from the early days... just like 360. You couldn't stream music on the 360 in the beginning. I'm not a Microsoft homer... I've got both systems. I'm just stating what you able to do on it because I'll admit... Microsoft sucks at putting this information out to the public.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
But you can.. ive got an external hard drive hooked up to mine just for movies and music and I've my Xbox1 synced to my music on computer through my network. I have a twonky server.

lol...you're still talking about streaming and having an external HD hooked up to an XB1 is not the same as storing movies/music DIRECTLY on it...so you can't...the reason I need to be able to store it directly on the 500GB HD is bcuz I already have an 3TB external HD w/ games hooked up to it...then I have a duo-controller charger that uses the USB cord on the back...that leaves one USB port I could use for another HD but that's a lot of clutter esp. when I have 500GB of space DIRECTLY on the XB1 that I can't use for movies/music unless you are telling me I can transfer movies/music files directly to my XB1 hard drive and not play it thru a thumb drive/HD

thareezen

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I keep my ps3 in the bedroom for netflix and playing movies of the drive. Every once in a while ill play some ncaa football or fight night

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've resisted the urge to trade mine in for credit a few times. The fact that F1 2011 is still the best title in the franchise IMO and all I need to do is flip a switch on my wheel to play it when the mood strikes was the saving grace. All that other shit any smart TV does too so that doesn't matter.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
got my ps3 slim and ps2 in the living room. use them mostly for light gaming......usually gow and ncaa.....and ps vue. i avoid the ps store like the plague on there tho. damn talk about slow

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I gave my PS3 to my father for him to use as a media hub. It is now collecting dust in his man cave.

I was going to ask for it back when I realized you can't stick a USB in the PS4, but then I realized I can stick one in the back of my TV and watch movies that way.

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im gonna get my fat ps3 fixed and i'll be back in business. the laser needs to be changed on it. i tried to do it myself but i couldnt get it to work. maybe i'll try again one day before i send it off.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
The OG Ps3 couldn't play ps1-ps3 games and was like 80 gigs

ya I'm sorry...I can't follow your rambling...you're saying the original PS3 couldn't play PS1 games or games the console was designed to play?

All PS3s are capable of playing PS1 games, whether they are on disc or downloaded from the PSN. Only some earlier fat PS3 models can play PS2 disc-based games. Recently though, Sony have begun adding "PS2 classics" to the PSN store, which are playable on all PS3s.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
ya I'm sorry...I can't follow your rambling...you're saying the original PS3 couldn't play PS1 games or games the console was designed to play?
Some of the new ps3's couldn't have that full backwards compbat*

That's why a lot of people want the OG ps3

TEE HEE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gave my fat PS3 to my nephew. Got a PS4 and a Gaming Rig. Miss the way my ps3 did everything. Might have to get a slim.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
I've never had one, but I might consider getting one for the blu-ray player if it plays DVD-Rs.

I've been watching downloaded movies via the USB port in my TV, but some files/codecs won't play on it, so I might have to burn them onto a Blu-Ray disc to get them to stay 1080p, if converting them won't work.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I've never had one, but I might consider getting one for the blu-ray player if it plays DVD-Rs.

I've been watching downloaded movies via the USB port in my TV, but some files/codecs won't play on it, so I might have to burn them onto a Blu-Ray disc to get them to stay 1080p, if converting them won't work.
They still make y'all?

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Is time to look into plex or kodi

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
then why are you doing this

"I've been watching downloaded movies via the USB port in my TV"

Downloads that I can't find streaming on Exodus, but most of the things I want to watch, I do find on there.