Gamers: You Should Buy a PlayStation 3 Even If You Don’t Play Video Games

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
i don't understand why they don't bring this startup sound back

is one of the most iconic sounds in gaming

Brings back Ridge Racer, Battle Arena Toshinden and Tekken memories....Damn what a sweet sound.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
i'm still on my PS3 until they hack the PS4

plus i didn't know they had like 3 different PS4's in three years (original, slim and now Pro)

they deserve to be hacked and i'm waiting for that to happen

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
I love the PS3 I still got the first gen but it's broken. Yellow light of death. But it had backwards compatibility which I loved and all the capability described in the op post.

Need to get it fixed.

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
there's still games on ps3 i didnt get or beat. i been meaning to buy heavenly sword for a long time but i played the demo so much i kinda lost interest. im gonna buy it eventually. i dont know what it is about sony systems but i always tend to lose some kinda interest in it after a while. i blame the dreamcast lol.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Can you post the link again?

HOW TO TURN YOUR XBOXONE INTO A MINI KODI

I want to piggyback on this and I might make a main thread post when I complete my research on this, but Microsoft might have just turned Xbox one into a goldmine for cord cutters. Here is why.

So earlier this year Microsoft stated that they wanted all their products (Windows, Windows Phone, and xbox one) to share one store.

Basically... If you go on the windows store and look at apps... You will now see Available on listed on the apps and you can see all the windows apps that can be used on xbox one (like fitbit) ... even though you might not see the same App on the games & apps store on Xbox One.
Prior to a couple days ago, I never checked out the windows store, because I've always viewed it as unnecessary. Well this "Moviefreetube" discovery over the weekend made me think.... I wonder what other apps would work on xbox one. Right now.. Anime Tube Universal, Kiss Cartoon, Anime Tube Universal, Movies HD Unlimited, Free Movies HD, and Movies HD Online... can be installed and used on your xbox one.

You will first need to download the app on your Windows PC through the Windows store. (have to make sure the app is available on Xbox One)

Now here is the trick... To install on your xbox one. You need to go to my games & apps and go to ready to install. Then sort to show... ONLY APPS...

Every app downloaded on Windows PC that is compatible with Xbox one will show up there. Then you just install on your xbox one.

Again.. the interface is a little off. These apps were designed for a computer and you have to deal with some small ads at the top or side of the screen... BUT overall this is fucking insane. I was just watching One Punch Man and Passengers on my Xbox one.

I was checking youtube and I haven't come across any videos on this.... So either everyone is keeping this on the low or very few people have paid attention to this awesomeness. I strongly suggest that all xbox one owners... get in on this shit immediately before Microsoft realizes that they are basically allowing Kodi on their flagship gaming console. I'll update the list when I come across more compatible apps.

Does the XB1 still allow for that picture in picture feature?

Yeap... And now you play your music in the background through the picture in picture either through Pandora, Groove music or on Mp3 through either an external harddrive or over the network.

lol...you're still talking about streaming and having an external HD hooked up to an XB1 is not the same as storing movies/music DIRECTLY on it...so you can't...the reason I need to be able to store it directly on the 500GB HD is bcuz I already have an 3TB external HD w/ games hooked up to it...then I have a duo-controller charger that uses the USB cord on the back...that leaves one USB port I could use for another HD but that's a lot of clutter esp. when I have 500GB of space DIRECTLY on the XB1 that I can't use for movies/music unless you are telling me I can transfer movies/music files directly to my XB1 hard drive and not play it thru a thumb drive/HD

I'd much rather have music and movies stored on an external harddrive so I can save more rooms for games. And I've got like Two USB multi-adapter's hooked up to the Xbox1. There is away to move your movies from the external hardrive to the internal one, but I have really had a use for that. I'm cool with just streaming movies. I guess if you want to have movies on the internal drive... then I'll concede that PS3 is the better option for that.

man this thread just made me realize how boring the PS4 is...I'm use it tomorrow tho for the first time in like a month to play this war of mine

Man my pS4 is basically collecting dust right now.... Fucking small as harddrive and large ass games. Call of Duty took up 79 gbs by itself. So I just use my pS4 purely for Playstation exclusives. Everything is bought on my xbox.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'd much rather have music and movies stored on an external harddrive so I can save more rooms for games. And I've got like Two USB multi-adapter's hooked up to the Xbox1. There is away to move your movies from the external hardrive to the internal one, but I have really had a use for that. I'm cool with just streaming movies. I guess if you want to have movies on the internal drive... then I'll concede that PS3 is the better option for that.

that's fine...and I'd much rather have it stored locally on my XB1 hard drive since I don't use it @ all bcuz as I mentioned before I have a 3TB drive already dedicated toward games

that being said I'm still very excited about the kodi news...if I can store movies/music on the HD like I was able to do on last gen gaming consoles...then I wouldn't need the nvidia shield anymore

I want to piggyback on this and I might make a main thread post when I complete my research on this, but Microsoft might have just turned Xbox one into a goldmine for cord cutters. Here is why.

So earlier this year Microsoft stated that they wanted all their products (Windows, Windows Phone, and xbox one) to share one store.

Basically... If you go on the windows store and look at apps... You will now see Available on listed on the apps and you can see all the windows apps that can be used on xbox one (like fitbit) ... even though you might not see the same App on the games & apps store on Xbox One.
Prior to a couple days ago, I never checked out the windows store, because I've always viewed it as unnecessary. Well this "Moviefreetube" discovery over the weekend made me think.... I wonder what other apps would work on xbox one. Right now.. Anime Tube Universal, Kiss Cartoon, Anime Tube Universal, Movies HD Unlimited, Free Movies HD, and Movies HD Online... can be installed and used on your xbox one.

You will first need to download the app on your Windows PC through the Windows store. (have to make sure the app is available on Xbox One)

Now here is the trick... To install on your xbox one. You need to go to my games & apps and go to ready to install. Then sort to show... ONLY APPS...

Every app downloaded on Windows PC that is compatible with Xbox one will show up there. Then you just install on your xbox one.

Again.. the interface is a little off. These apps were designed for a computer and you have to deal with some small ads at the top or side of the screen... BUT overall this is fucking insane. I was just watching One Punch Man and Passengers on my Xbox one.

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Man my pS4 is basically collecting dust right now.... Fucking small as harddrive and large ass games. Call of Duty took up 79 gbs by itself. So I just use my pS4 purely for Playstation exclusives. Everything is bought on my xbox.

I primarily "use" it (haven't turned it on in a month) for exclusives...last of us...another last of us standalone prequel game I think...infamous first light...the order 1886...the last uncharted game and GTA V and I've only played the 2 games that are bold smh

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
that's fine..and I'd much rather have it stored locally on my XB1 hard drive since I don't use it @ all bcuz as I mentioned before I have a 3TB drive already dedicated toward games

that being said I'm still very excited the about the kodi news...if I can store movies/music on the HD like I was bale to do on last gen gaming consoles...then I wouldn't need the nvidia shield anymore

Yeah and if Microsoft approves the Kodi App for the Xb1.... it's a wrap... Kodi has already been approved for the windows store.

Reactions: LSN

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I primarily "use" it (haven't turned it on in a month) for exclusives...last of us...another last of us standalone prequel game I think...infamous first light...the order 1886...the last uncharted game and GTA V and I've only played the 2 games that are bold smh

Man you sound just like me and on the same games..... I only bought Call of Duty cause my boys are on PS4, but I immediately regretted it when I found out that bitch was 70 something GBs... Sony should be ashamed for not having external harddrives. Can you imagine how crazy shit would be if these companies followed through with both of their original plans and made everything digital online.

but yeah PS4 has disappointed me so far...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Man you sound just like me and on the same games..... I only bought Call of Duty cause my boys are on PS4, but I immediately regretted it when I found out that bitch was 70 something GBs... Sony should be ashamed for not having external harddrives. Can you imagine how crazy shit would be if these companies followed through with both of their original plans and made everything digital online.

I'm not sure...benq might know but I think the PS4 released an update a while back that let's you play games off external drives...but ya I'm esp. glad XB1 has stepped the fuck up...easily wins this gen @ least in the US if they brought most of this shit to the table from jump

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm not sure...benq might know but I think the PS4 released an update a while back that let's you play games off external drives...but ya I'm esp. glad XB1 has stepped the fuck up...easily wins this gen @ least in the US if they brought most of this shit to the table from jump

sadly it still doesn't allow you to play games off the external harddrive...

This from the Playstation Community forum...

http://community.us.playstation.com...s-to-an-external-hard-drive-PS4/td-p/46070458

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No external drive support but you can put a 2TB internal drive for $70
Very easy to do , it won't void the warranty

I have a regular 2TB drive on my PS4 and a 1Tb SSHD on my PS3

I seen talk about 4tb internal but I haven't looked in to that

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
No external drive support but you can put a 2TB internal drive for $70
Very easy to do , it won't void the warranty

I have a regular 2TB drive on my PS4 and a 1Tb SSHD on my PS3

Yeah but the problem is that you have to do this to get more space... When they could have easily just allowed external harddrive access. I've got like 8 Tbs of hard drive space on my Xbox1 because I always buy a 50 dollar 2tb hard drive during black friday and i've never had to reinstall my files for take out a drive. I don't get why Sony didn't think about giving this option to their consumers knowing that every game required a full install.

When I get the Scorpio.. I'm probably just going to format my harddrives from the Xbox1 and put them on my Scorpio since all my downloads are on the cloud.... This this the shit that Sony could have fixed with the PS4 Pro... because now you have to download 3 to 4 gb 4K upgrade patchs on some of the 4k games.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah but the problem is that you have to do this to get more space... When they could have easily just allowed external harddrive access. I've got like 8 Tbs of hard drive space on my Xbox1 because I always buy a 50 dollar 2tb hard drive during black friday and i've never had to reinstall my files for take out a drive. I don't get why Sony didn't think about giving this option to their consumers knowing that every game required a full install.

When I get the Scorpio.. I'm probably just going to format my harddrives from the Xbox1 and put them on my Scorpio since all my downloads are on the cloud.... This this the shit that Sony could have fixed with the PS4 Pro... because now you have to download 3 to 4 gb 4K upgrade patchs on some of the 4k games.
I don't know is not that hard to change the drive , and people don't care enough about it since PS4 is winning in sales

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I don't know is not that hard to change the drive , and people don't care enough about it since PS4 is winning in sales

Also true... but overall the system has been a big disappointment to me and I've had every Playstation since the beginning. But everyone has their opinion... It's like Sega vs. Nintendo... You like what you like.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

you crazy...you'd have to re-download everything since you can't move/transfer it to an external HD...moving files alone took some time and that's a faster process than having to re-download all that shit...eff that...that's the reason why I decided to just limit myself to PS4 exclusives...I'm not wasting time switching out that drive and downloading the same shit again

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you crazy...you'd have to re-download everything since you can't move/transfer it to an external HD...moving files alone took some time and that's a faster process than having to re-download all that shit...eff that...that's the reason why I decided to just limit myself to PS4 exclusives...I'm not wasting time switching out that drive and downloading the same shit again
You can backup your games to an external drive and reinstall from it you just can't play off it

That's what I did when I upgraded the drive

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Nintendo made a regular powerful console like PS4 with a regular controller and no gimmicks

With all the big third party games gta ,red dead,battlefield I would buy it over the PS4 and X1

The switch won't even be as powerful as the Xbox one

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

This man gets it. This is my exact problem. Especially when you are in a area with data caps... I'm trying to redownload this shit.

I will admit PlayStation has some great games on the horizon... but you seriously have to make business decisions if you just have a 500 qb hard drive. I thought about getting Final Fantast on PS4 but I knew I was going to finish it in a month and I knew that they Horizon game is coming up. I've got only 100 gb to play with because everything else is on games I play like Call of Duty, GTA, uncharted, Killzone zone, and god of war 3 remastered.... times are tough. Lol

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that is why i bought a 2tb hard drive when i bought my ps4 and swapped it out as soon as i got it. even though i just use it for exclusives i wanted the biggest drive possible before i started putting games on it. i did the same when i bought my ps3 (40gb version) i bought a 500gb hard drive as soon as i got it and put it in there before i started buying games for it. and i'll do the same if they offer easy hard drive access with the ps5. thats the one thing i wish microsoft would allow.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

I was checking youtube and I haven't come across any videos on this.... So either everyone is keeping this on the low or very few people have paid attention to this awesomeness. I strongly suggest that all xbox one owners... get in on this shit immediately before Microsoft realizes that they are basically allowing Kodi on their flagship gaming console. I'll update the list when I come across more compatible apps.

are these directions on how to get kodi on the XB1? or moviefreetube?

cuz I tried this after getting kodi on the app store on my PC but it's not popping up in the 'ready to install' section on my XB1

*edit*

nvm I misread what you wrote...when you said "basically allowing kodi" I thought you meant the interface was unofficially working on the XB1...but I get you know

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
yooooo mad props @fonzerrillii I got movies HD unlimited...free movies HD and movies HD online all to work...and getting crisp ass 1080 streams man...like you said the interface/controls are a bit wonky but once you hit full screen the shit shows up flawlessly...this def should be a thread of it's own...a couple things I had to do...since I hide my unused apps/games I had to press LB + RB + X @ the same time for everything to show up then I did apps only to get the apps...also the apps didn't show up @ 1st so I had to close out 'games & apps' but when I came back to it...everything was there...this is fucking major

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'm repost this in a couple threads that XB1 users frequent...this is insane...I would also suggest not deleting these apps from your XB1 ever in case MS removes them from their store