Guardian of the Galaxy

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got back. All I can say is this is one of the best movies (winter soldier, avengers) marvel has put out. The movie wastes no time getting into the action. People say Rocket was the best character but Drax was a good/funny dude as well.
I'm interested to know who Peter Quills dad is as I wasn't a reader of the comic as kid. After the scene credits was funny, but in my opinion was a waste. I was hoping they introduced Nova (maybe in part 2?)

Vin Desial gotta be stealing checks with the Groot performance. They could have gotten anyone off the street to play him and the audience wouldn't know the difference.

Overall this movie is a must see

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Better than Avengers?

I would say no, but it's right underneath it. I think what sets this apart from the phase one movies is that the majority of us know what the backstory of the characters (iron man,Thor etc) where as this movie, you get a two minute story on an 10-12 year old Peter Quill then it jumps to the present time

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
I'm back!

This is the movie of the Summer. Marvel is printing money!

Most fun I've had in the theater all year.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm back!

You think it was better the captain.

I think the fact that the accomplished a space movie, there is no end to what Marvel can do:yes:

jackeebleu

Rising Star
Registered
I'm back!

I agree! A raucous romp, full of laughter, pathos, explosions, and a soundtrack that makes you love music again. Marvel may have outdone itself with a film that revels in not taking itself seriously. A resounding A+

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree! A raucous romp, full of laughter, pathos, explosions, and a soundtrack that makes you love music again. Marvel may have outdone itself with a film that revels in not taking itself seriously. A resounding A+

Agree

That soundtrack though>>>>

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Fun movie nice way to introduce some 'heavier' aspects of the marvel uni

End credit scene not worth waiting for:smh:

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I disagree..

the Post Credit Scene was a jab at DC with all their "We cant do Wonder Woman" and Marvel saying "We have a Raccoon... and a _______"

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would say no, but it's right underneath it. I think what sets this apart from the phase one movies is that the majority of us know what the backstory of the characters (iron man,Thor etc) where as this movie, you get a two minute story on an 10-12 year old Peter Quill then it jumps to the present time

I don't think the general audience knows those backstories that well.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:hmm:

I'll say it again.

I LOVED THAT MOVIE. STOP HATIN- I HAD A THING FOR HIM!
yall just jealous you couldnt bask in the glory that is him

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
i saw it tonight. and i liked it.

but it was in no way better than avengers or winter soldier.

and after seeing ninja turtles last night, "which guardians took a swipe at with a line," i think ninja turtles will have this beat next week on name recognition alone.

with that said, fun movie and if you are a marvel comic buff you will really enjoy this movie. LOTS of inside stuff non comic readers will miss.

as i watched this movie i was thinking that it was a combination of:

the fifth element meets star wars meets the naked gun. it was a fun time.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
one other thing i really like about this movie was not only the scope of the universe but the scope of characters power and size. there was a certain point in the movie where the crew went to a mining colony and you could see just how bad fox fucked up galactus and fantastic four from that scene alone. after seeing that scene it makes you even madder how they did galactus in that fantastic four movie by fox.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
one other thing i really like about this movie was not only the scope of the universe but the scope of characters power and size. there was a certain point in the movie where the crew went to a mining colony and you could see just how bad fox fucked up galactus and fantastic four from that scene alone. after seeing that scene it makes you even madder how they did galactus in that fantastic four movie by fox.

I remember they made it seem like just having Galactus in the movie would double the production budget

bootlegga

Potential Star
Registered
Agree

That soundtrack though>>>>

i'm bumping this at work tomorrow

fadfaack_large.jpg

bootlegga

Potential Star
Registered
i saw it tonight. and i liked it.

but it was in no way better than avengers or winter soldier.

and after seeing ninja turtles last night, "which guardians took a swipe at with a line," i think ninja turtles will have this beat next week on name recognition alone.

with that said, fun movie and if you are a marvel comic buff you will really enjoy this movie. LOTS of inside stuff non comic readers will miss.

as i watched this movie i was thinking that it was a combination of:

the fifth element meets star wars meets the naked gun. it was a fun time.

i've watched all the marvel movies so far, this is behind avengers and cap 2 (almost tied with cap 2 imo)...i feel like i did miss 'inside stuff' that i probably would have picked up if i had read the comic...

i was moreso looking to if they would tie it into previous movies (thor/cap/ironman) but i didn't see

and since i'm 30+ i shed a thug tear at the bonus scene

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Just got back

This is top 3

Avengers

Winter solider

Galaxy

Shit was pure fire

Ninja turtles up next for me next week.

Props on marvel

They bought lucasfilms so now they can get that Star Wars genre back poppin

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
As I think on this movie after a nights sleep... Marvel some slick mutha fuckas :yes:

This movie IMO had 3 objectives establish the bigger marvel-verse
More information on the infinity gems
Reveal /introduce the higher level cosmic characters

Jman23

Support BGOL
Registered
Aside from star lord and the tree, this movie was full of corny...John Bautista (Drax) is possibly one of the worst actors I've seen-he read his script as if it was for a wrestling event.

jackeebleu

Rising Star
Registered
Aside from star lord and the tree, this movie was full of corny...John Bautista (Drax) is possibly one of the worst actors I've seen-he read his script as if it was for a wrestling event.

If you've read the comic, that's how Drax speaks.

I loved that fact that they included some of the more fantastical elements of the Marvel Universe; the Kree, Cosmo, Know Where, etc, while not direct translations, they implement well.

And understand the only reason for this film was to introduce the history of the Infinity Gems, I thought they did this well.

jackeebleu

Rising Star
Registered

I loved that fact that they included some of the more fantastical elements of the Marvel Universe; the Kree, Cosmo, Know Where, etc, while not direct translations, they implement well.

And understand the only reason for this film was to introduce the history of the Infinity Gems, I thought they did this well.

jackeebleu

Rising Star
Registered