Guardian of the Galaxy

BMan

Support BGOL
Registered
I just got back from watching it. Better than Avengers and tied with Winter Soldier in my opinion. Marvel did a good job tying in so many aspects and angles of the Guardians. The only thing that I noticed as an inaccuracy was the lack of Gamora's regenerative healing factor, which rivals Wolverine's. Starlord and Groot did steal the movie in a character perspective. Starlord's dad is J'son of Spartax. The Emperor of a space kingdom known as the Spartoi Empire.

wadusay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I loved this movie and was surprised at how good the spaceship battle special effects were. Definitely one of Marvel's top movies. :yes::yes::yes:

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Avengers
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

I loved this damn movie. And this is 1 of my favorite comics. And it's got some of my favorite characters. ever. We spent so much time laughing we just HAVE to see it again to hear it right lol.

I had so many geek girl moments. Thanos looked BADASS. Drax was BADASS.
RONAN was BADASS. Groot!!!

Dislikes: Gamorra was ok. didn't like her being so goody goody. Drax was ok, but i did't like him being an alien. Nebula is TOTALLY unnecessary and really the only character i DIDN'T like. Also i wish we had the ACTUAL Nova Corps in that bitch. Oooooo that woulda been HOT!

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
You really reviewed with your vomit whistle.

Celebration at your 5 comic books stores!?? Drinks? Private pool, balcony?

Avengers
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

I loved this damn movie. And this is 1 of my favorite comics. And it's got some of my favorite characters. ever. We spent so much time laughing we just HAVE to see it again to hear it right lol.

Dislikes: Gamorra was ok. didn't like her being so goody goody. Drax was ok, but i did't like him being an alien. Nebula is TOTALLY unnecessary and really the only character i DIDN'T like. Also i wish we had the ACTUAL Nova Corps in that bitch. Oooooo that woulda been HOT!

DAHITMAN

Rising Star
Spoiler alert question:

does anyone have the picture of the cocoon in the collectors trophy room?

And the picture of howard the duck sitting next to the iron man helmet??

K Luv

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's really that good I'm a quesi marvel fan since x man cartoons and have never heard of these dudes. If it's good I'll check it

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Avengers
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

Did u like rocket????

When I started talking about him

U put him in your sig

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Loved this movie. It was funny and smart. Best Marvel movie imo.

Artist Monk

Rising Star
OG Investor
Avengers
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Thor 2

Thanos looked horrible, smallest part of Thanos is his head, they gave him the giant ass jaw line and what with the gold outfit like he asgardian.

The only thing they captured was his evil smile but he looked like some Max Headroom/ Burger King Moon guy especially when on com screen with Ronin.

Movie beats Avengers hands down INTRODUCING relatively unknown characters to the masses and making you like them from the gate!

Infinity gem thing was nonsense to me especially since Thanos never interacted with Nebula until after acquiring them in first place.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Thanos looked horrible, smallest part of Thanos is his head, they gave him the giant ass jaw line and what with the gold outfit like he asgardian.

The only thing they captured was his evil smile but he looked like some Max Headroom/ Burger King Moon guy especially when on com screen with Ronin.

Movie beats Avengers hands down INTRODUCING relatively unknown characters to the masses and making you like them from the gate!

Infinity gem thing was nonsense to me especially since Thanos never interacted with Nebula until after acquiring them in first place.

I thought I was the only one....He looked way different from the way he looked in the Avengers...

Everybody keep saying he looks the same,but I don't see it at all...:smh::smh::smh:

Thanos-Avengers.png

thanos-high-res.jpg

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Ok my son and I just got back from the movies. Great movie....not as good as Avengers and I would say tied with Winter Soldier. My 8 yr old loved it...called it a 9 out of 10. However...he said Pokemon is 10 out of 10 :angry::smh::angry:

Anyway I really liked what they did with Drax. I found the way they made him talk pretty funny. No metaphors. Gamora was supposed to be an amazing assassin but she sure seemed to get her ass kicked a lot.

Best part of this movie was the soundtrack. When you're my age (45) the music brings back memories. It really was the secret ingredient that will keep adults enjoying the movie.

I see what people were saying about Thanos' head. I think the artists were having trouble with the fact that he's sitting with his hands closer to us than the rest of his body. Whoever was the graphis person was having real trouble with how big his hands looked compared to his head. Still they did what was needed to make sure the audience knows that Thanos is the guy no one wants to fuck with.

Finally you can skip the after credits stuff...no one cares about the duck. In fact I had to spend the whole drive home explaining to my son who the fuck he was.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Ok my son and I just got back from the movies. Great movie....not as good as Avengers and I would say tied with Winter Soldier. My 8 yr old loved it...called it a 9 out of 10. However...he said Pokemon is 10 out of 10 :angry::smh::angry:

Anyway I really liked what they did with Drax. I found the way they made him talk pretty funny. No metaphors. Gamora was supposed to be an amazing assassin but she sure seemed to get her ass kicked a lot.

Best part of this movie was the soundtrack. When you're my age (45) the music brings back memories. It really was the secret ingredient that will keep adults enjoying the movie.

I see what people were saying about Thanos' head. I think the artists were having trouble with the fact that he's sitting with his hands closer to us than the rest of his body. Whoever was the graphis person was having real trouble with how big his hands looked compared to his head. Still they did what was needed to make sure the audience knows that Thanos is the guy no one wants to fuck with.

Finally you can skip the after credits stuff...no one cares about the duck. In fact I had to spend the whole drive home explaining to my son who the fuck he was.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Darrkman

BGOL Investor

Yo I'm serious. If I would of known that was the post credits I would of left and saved my ass the pain.

Who's Howard the Duck?

Why can he talk?

What was the movie about?

Why does the Collector have him?

Why doesn't he try to escape?

DAMMIT BOY ASK YOUR MOTHER!!!!!

johniz

Rising Star
Registered

Man you guys need to stop. He never got up and allowed dude to talk wreckless to him. No action from dude. I thought this shit was average. Nowhere near as good as Avengers.

But if course, a sequel will follow

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I saw it this morning. It's a good fun movie. I wouldn't put it ahead of Avengers or even the Winter Soldier but it's a good movie.

I really enjoyed the banter and conversations between the characters. Batista/Drax character was handled very well due to his limited acting range. He was one of the best parts of the movie. Rocket & Groot stole the movie as expected. Chris Pratt/Peter Quill was very funny & like able in the starring role.

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
Man you guys need to stop. He never got up and allowed dude to talk wreckless to him. No action from dude. I thought this shit was average. Nowhere near as good as Avengers.

Ronan talked wreckless from far away. basically the same as talking shit over the phone. You notice when he was in the room with Thanos Ronan was SHOOK.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ronan talked wreckless from far away. basically the same as talking shit over the phone. You notice when he was in the room with Thanos Ronan was SHOOK.

Well, he didnt have something that gave him that courage. Ronan did have a point: why out source when I can do the work myself and pocket the cash?

Artist Monk

Rising Star
OG Investor
I thought I was the only one....He looked way different from the way he looked in the Avengers...

Everybody keep saying he looks the same,but I don't see it at all...:smh::smh::smh:

Thanos-Avengers.png

thanos-high-res.jpg

He been purple forever or purplish gray, now he blue looking like a skrull on steroids... :lol:

SLY

International
International Member
Saw the film last night. The film kinda forces you to have a connection with the characters, which I liked.

I think it's on par with Cap 2 as the best Marvel movie imo.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

If you want a movie that actually is clever and not just slapstick, Guardians is better. If all you want is a bunch of fights and corny one liners, notice the difference between clever and corny, then Avengers is your movie.

Rocket=way funnier than "puny god"

I hope to god Avengers 2 isn't as campy as the first one. They made my favorite comic from my youth into a Michael Bay movie :angry:

Majik

Star
Registered
I saw it last night and I enjoyed it especially cause I've never heard of these characters. After seeing the movie I'm hooked on them like I my favorite marvel characters. This movie also cleared up some things for me that I saw on Agents of SHIELD. Like how colston and sky now have kree blood in them now. How the fuck did a dead kree end up on earth.

johniz

Rising Star
Registered

If you want a movie that actually is clever and not just slapstick, Guardians is better. If all you want is a bunch of fights and corny one liners, notice the difference between clever and corny, then Avengers is your movie.

Rocket=way funnier than "puny god"

I hope to god Avengers 2 isn't as campy as the first one. They made my favorite comic from my youth into a Michael Bay movie :angry:

I will disagree. And as far as dialogue ... "I am Groot (ad nauseum)"

Props to Vin Diesel...easiest hollyweird money he ever made

Not a bad movie, but definitely not great like people are saying...went on the strength of word of mouth and Thanos...but damn this was OK.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

i doubt Marvel will take another chance and do a new HTD movie after seeing how bad the one from back in the day was :lol:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I saw it with the fam. Its fun, but a lot of the fight scene choreagraphy and plane fights are straight rips from other movies.