Health: Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) Wakanda Workout (BGOL Brotherhood lets get focused!)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here, their more detailed four-day workout split for Creed:

DAY 1. CHEST, BACK AND ARMS
1. INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS

Sets: 3 Reps: 12

2. DUMBBELL FLYE

3. PUSHUP

Sets: 10 Reps: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

4. DUMBBELL KICKBACK

Sets: 3 Reps: 15

5. TRICEPS PUSHDOWN

Sets: 2 Reps: 20

6. BENCH DIP

DAY 2. BICEPS, TRICEPS AND LATS
1. ONE-ARM DUMBBELL ROW

2. NEUTRAL-GRIP PULLDOWN

3. BENTOVER ROW

4. DUMBBELL CURL

Sets: 3 Reps: 12 (Alternate arms.)

5. BARBELL CURL

Sets: 3 Reps: 12 How to

6. HAMMER CURL

DAY 3. LEGS AND ABS CIRCUIT
1. DUMBBELL LUNGE

Sets: 3 Reps: 30 sec. (each leg)

2. SINGLE-LEG HIP EXTENSION

Sets: 3 Reps: 15 (each leg)

3. LEG CURL

4. ROMANIAN DEADLIFT

5. SQUAT

6A. CRUNCH

Sets: 3 Reps: 25 Rest: 0 sec.

6B. LEG RAISE

6C. REVERSE CRUNCH

6D. TOE TOUCH

6E. SPRINTER SITUP

Sets: 3 Reps: 25

DAY 4. CHEST, ARMS AND ABS
1A. DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS

Sets: 5 Reps: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6

1B. PUSHUP

Sets: 5 Reps: 15

2A. DUMBBELL FLYE

Sets: 5 Reps: 10 to 6

Perform 10 reps your first set, then nine on the second set, and so on down to 6 reps.

2B. PUSHUP

Sets: 5 Reps: 10

3. DUMBBELL CURL

Sets: 4 Reps: 12

4A. DUMBBELL KICKBACK

Sets: 4 Reps: 15

4B. BENCH DIP

Sets: 4 Reps: 20

5A. CRUNCH

5B. LEG RAISE

5C. REVERSE CRUNCH

5D. TOE TOUCH

5E. SPRINTER SITUP

Reps: 25 Rest: As needed

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-b-jordan-workout-regimen-routine-for-black-panther-2018-2

Michael B. Jordan added 15 pounds of muscle after 'Creed' to play the villain in 'Black Panther' — here's how he did it

5a79c077f9d41333108b46aa-750-375.jpg

Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan in "Black Panther."
Disney/Marvel Studios

• Celebrity trainer Corey Calliet put Michael B. Jordan through a grueling weightlifting regimen to make him look like a convincing superhero bad guy in "Black Panther."
  • The two worked out six days a week in the months leading up to production. Jordan would eat six meals a day.
  • He gained 15 pounds of muscle for the role.
  • Calliet also worked with Jordan to get him into incredible shape for the movie "Creed."

Michael B. Jordan was in the best shape of his life when he played the title character in the hit movie "Creed," but to play a superhero villain in "Black Panther," he knew he had to be superhero big. And there was only one guy who could get him there.

Celebrity trainer Corey Calliet has been working with Jordan since they connected on the set of 2015's "Fantastic Four." At that time Calliet said Jordan could barely lift 25 pounds, but by the end of filming one of the movie's producers asked Calliet to slow down the training because Jordan could barely fit into his Johnny Storm suit.

Calliet said when Jordan contacted him about playing Erik Killmonger in "Black Panther" the actor only sent him a picture of the character from the comic book.

"He told me, 'I need to look like this,' and it's a picture of Killmonger fighting Black Panther," Calliet told Business Insider. "He was very big, so I knew I had to make Mike look like a free safety or a Marine. If you want to be a villain you have to have that savage type of demeanor.

To get Jordan to that kind of body type, Calliet would put him through a very different kind of regimen compared to "Creed."

As Calliet did a lot of cardio work to get Jordan into a boxer look to play Adonis Creed, for Killmonger he needed the actor to put on muscle. That meant doing a weightlifting program to give him intense muscle training.

It was nothing fancy, just basic weight training: bench press, lat pull-downs, and dead lifts — all while eating six meals a day. They went on for six days a week for a few months leading up to production.

The work then intensified to interval training closer to shooting.

Dumbbell curls to lat pull-downs; dips to pull-ups to push-ups; incline bench press to fly presses.

At one point, Jordan was lifting 115-pound dumbbells.

Calliet said Jordan added 15 pounds of muscle from "Creed" to "Black Panther." The trainer said none of it was fun for Jordan, and that's just what Calliet intended.

"The way I train, the person never gets used to it," Calliet said. "I would have him do squats and then move right to burpees — that's not a good feeling. It was nothing that was enjoyable."

But it's the finished product that both men strived for, and they can't be happier with the result. Calliet said he got chills seeing Jordan on-screen.

5a86eacad0307226008b46e7-750-375.jpg
Marvel

"When I was bodybuilding competing the saying always was, 'Shows are won from the back,' so that scene where Killmonger and Black Panther fight, you can see Mike's back and the definition and the lat spread, all the work we put in is highlighted in that one scene."

Yet the work continues today. With shooting for "Creed 2" beginning in April, Calliet and Jordan have been training getting the actor back to looking like a boxer.

"We were in New York City working out at 3 a.m. the other day," Calliet said. "I promise you, the body I'm bringing to the screen for 'Creed 2' is going to be better than any of the work I've ever done."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/...ichael-b-jordan-got-jacked-for-black-panther/

kpb0750-v008-006969-1078mod-copy-1518712946.jpg

When Black Panther hits theaters this Friday, prepare to see Michael B. Jordan's muscles like you've never seen them before.

We know what you're thinking, and yes, Jordan was already unbelievably jacked for his starring role in 2015's Creed. But according to celebrity trainer Corey Calliet — who's been working with Jordan since 2015's Fantastic Four reboot — the actor got even more ripped to play Marvel supervillain Erik Killmonger.

"The word that kept playing in my mind was 'savage,'" Calliet tells Men's Health of his work on Black Panther. "When you see him, you need to be scared. You need to be intimidated. We don't want the nice, young-looking Michael."

Calliet describes his work like an artist taking a chisel to a block of marble.

"I'm talking about sculpting a body, not just trying to condition it to be fast," he says. "I wanted to make his shoulders look better ... I needed his upper chest to pop. I needed his back to tell a story. I wanted his back to look like a globe, like a map."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jordan's Black Panther Workout

To make Calliet's vision come to life, Jordan was doing two to three workouts and eating six meals a day. To sculpt his chest and back, Calliet had the actor going back to basics — with a lot of weight.

"[We did] a lot of old-school bench presses, lat pulldowns, deadlifts — nothing fancy, just really contracting the muscle," Calliet says. "We lift heavy — a lot, a lot of times." (Try this bench press and deadlift circuit for a killer total-body workout.)

When the pair first started working out together, Jordan "could barely push 25 pounds," Calliet recalls. "By the time we got to Black Panther, he was doing 115-pound dumbbells." A few times, the actor went as high as 315 pounds total. (Want to bench press more weight? These 5 tweaks will help you out.)

Throughout the process, Calliet got Jordan up to a bulky 193 or 194 pounds, then whittled him down to around 184.

So what's a guy gotta do to get that Killmonger build? Prepare for a lot of pain, according to Calliet.

"Make sure that you have a good diet, and make sure that you're going to the gym and you're working out — that you're really in the gym getting the time in, not just sitting there on the phone on social media acting like you're really working out," he says. (Come on, people — don't forget the 10 simple rules of gym etiquette.)

"Go to the gym and be prepared to put yourself through some massive pain," Calliet adds. "When you think of Erik Killmonger, think of 'massive.' Those two words go together."

Calliet, who's already seen Black Panther four times, says his proudest moment is during a fight scene between Jordan and Chadwick Boseman, who plays the titular hero.

"When you see him take his shirt off and you see that body, you're going to say, 'Oh, that's different,'" he says. "And I say, 'I know.' Y'all put the order in, and I delivered."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Michael B. Jordan Just Revealed the Hardest Things About Getting in Shape
His 'Black Panther' fitness regime apparently involved a lot of trips to the bathroom
BY STACEY LEASCA FEBRUARY 6, 2018
poster--michael-b-jordan-in-shape-for-black-panther.jpg

Matt Kennedy courtesy of Marvel Studios
If you need some inspiration to get in top-performance shape, look no further than supervillain Erik Killmonger — better known as actor Michael B. Jordan.

During a Tuesday appearance on Ellen, Jordan, who plays Killmonger in the upcoming Black Panther film, shared a few key pieces of advice for getting into supervillain shape, which apparently included plenty of cardio as he walked back and forth to the bathroom all day.

inline-1-michael-b-jordan-in-shape-for-black-panther.jpg

Matt Kennedy courtesy of Marvel Studios

Jordan explained to host Ellen DeGeneres that he drank a gallon of water every day as he trained for the role. "Do you know how often you have to use the bathroom when you're drinking a gallon, especially in the middle of the night?" Jordan joked, according to E! News. "You're trying to sleep; you've got to wake up and use the bathroom. You're like, 'Oh, my God. I'm just going to hold it.' It just doesn't quite work out." (Want tips on staying hydrated? Here's how much water you should be drinking when you work out.)

Besides chugging a lot of water, Jordan said that in a single day, he was working out two to three times and chowing down on six meals. The die-hard regime certainly prepped his body for big screen battle, but apparently it also meant he had zero social life.

“It's hard to go out to a club or a party when you're like, 'Oh, wait! Meal prep! We gotta go pop this thing in the microwave and eat food,'" Jordan explained. "It's tough to socialize when you gotta get in shape like that." (Want to prep like Jordan? Here are 5 healthy meal prep recipes you can make in a slow cooker.)

As for Jordan's favorite workouts, the actor is a big fan of boxing (makes sense, given his starring role in Creed).

"It’s like, everything is connected when I connect," Jordan said of boxing in an interview for Nike in October. "When you hit it clean, you just know it. You feel it. It just flows and it connects. Searching for those perfect punches is cool.”

Want to try out a boxing workout of your own? This three-minute warmup is sure to torch your arms. If you're looking for something more, this quick boxing workout will hit all the major muscle groups.

So what does the future hold for Jordan? Filming on Black Panthermay have wrapped — the movie premieres on Feb. 16 — but production on Creed II starts in April. You can probably guess what that means.

"As soon as I leave here, I'm going to the gym," Jordan said, adding that he is "in the process of getting back in shape."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This Three-Minute Boxing Warmup Will Torch Your Arms
George Foreman III shows us how to master the speedbag
BY MEN'S HEALTH + NOVEMBER 7, 2017

x
Boxers have some of the most chiseled bodies in all of sports, and it's no surprise when you take a look at what they do prepare for a match. The intense training regimens they follow help them stay agile in each round and go for that TKO.

George Foreman III, a professional boxer and co-founder of boxing gym Everybody Fights in New York City (and yes, son of the George Foreman) takes us through a key warmup drill for boxers: the speedbag.

When mastering the speedbag, there are three beat patterns used in training: seven beat, five beat, and three beat. When you hit the bag, it bounces back and forth on the platform seven times, five times, and three times, respectively for each pattern. The three beat, Foreman says, is what everyone wants to do.

Once you've mastered the seven beat, five beat, and three beat using your open palm, you're ready to move on to a closed fisted punch. "Make a fist, raise the elbow up, and work with one hand," Foreman says. "Then you work on mastering the other hand. Then you put them together."

With both punching hands mastered on the three beat speedbag, work towards hitting the bag in the three beat pattern twice with your right hand, then twice with your left hand. Eventually, you will work up alternating three beats two with two on your right hand and two on your left hand nonstop for three minutes.

For a warmup that will get your heart racing, Foreman recommends hitting the speedbag nonstop for three minutes, resting for one minute, and doing another three-minute round. When you're ready to challenge yourself even further, try going nonstop for seven minutes.

After a tough workout, try the figure four stretch. It targets the hips, lower back, and glutes.
https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/three-minute-boxing-speedbag-warmup

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Full-Body Boxing Move That Will Make You Stronger
Hit every muscle group in this quick workout

BY MEN'S HEALTH + NOVEMBER 9, 2017

When you're short on time, a quick-hit workout that targets nearly every muscle group in your body is exactly what you need. This short routine from George Foreman III, a professional boxer and co-founder of boxing gym Everybody Fights in New York City, will blast your entire body in less than 10 minutes.

To get started, grab a set of two-pound weights and find a line or a rope to duck under at chest height. Begin by standing on one side of the line with your knees bent and your weights up by your chin. Step to the right under the line with your right foot and punch your right arm forward. Then step to the left under the line and throw a left hook. Each time you throw a punch or a hook, snap your arm back toward your body quicker than the outward movement.

When you duck underneath the line, remember: "It's a squat, don't bend over with your back. That's a great way to get hurt," Foreman says.

Take your time for one-minute, step to the right and shoot your right punch, then step to the left and shoot your left hook. Repeat that for one minute straight, then do 30 air squats and repeat that cycle six times. That should equal two 3-minute rounds in the boxing ring.

After a tough full-body workout like this one, treat your body to some much-needed stretching. These 16 stretches will soothe your muscles and help improve your flexibility.

Watch HBO World Championship Boxing: Jacobs vs. Arias Saturday, Nov. 11 at 10pm on HBO

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/full-body-boxing-workout

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Speaking with Men's Journal, the trainer extraordinaire revealed how he helped Jordan put on a whopping 15 pounds of muscle, saying, “I liked complex fundamental movements, like dumbbell bench presses that would help with separation.” Once the exercises and routine were in place, he then began adding weight until Jordan "hit the point where he was pushing 110-pound dumbbells up in the air.” So what exactly did an average day in the gym look like? Here we go...

Block 1
Machine Chest Press: 3 sets, 20 reps
Flat Flys: 4 sets, 15 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets, 20 reps
Push-Ups: 10 descending sets starting with 10 reps

Block 2
Front/Lateral Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets, 12 reps each side
Dumbbell Overhead Raises: 4 sets, 12 reps
Squats: 10 descending sets starting with 10 reps
Leg Lunges: 2 sets, 1 rep, hold for 30 seconds

Bonus: HIIT Session (Complete 5 rounds of this circuit; 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off)
Push-Ups
Barbell Curls
Leg Raises
Jump Squats

As for diet, Jordan kept his meals clean, simple and high in carbs and was eating five to six times a day. A typical serving would include six to eight ounces of chicken paired with a cup of Jasmine rice and half a teaspoon of olive oil, or with half an avocado and two cups of spinach.

Up next, it's back to the gym to get ready for Creed 2, which starts shooting in just a couple of months.

https://www.askmen.com/news/sports/michael-b-jordan-s-trainer-reveals-his-black-panther-workout.html

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
The routine is similar to what I do. I also go 6 times a week. Only thing I don't do is barbell squats. Rather use the hack machine. Just too comfortable for me.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s he workout but what was he eating during the time he was prepping for the movie

Right. Your ass can be doing all this shit and not even see a change.

I want to know how he was eating and what was the time because if you work and go to school or both.....how do you find to do all this? I guess its about meal prepping though. That can save you some time if you get it out the way on Sunday.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I want to know how he was eating and what was the time because if you work and go to school or both.....how do you find to do all this? I guess its about meal prepping though. That can save you some time if you get it out the way on Sunday.

that is PRECISELY what I hope to answer in this thread.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

My biggest downfall is when I give in to this kind of thinking.

The truth is I could do that or very close to that if I was committed. It's really about self discipline and not much else.

If we're honest.