Hollywood News: WGA Battle - The Hollywood Fight That’s Tearing Apart Writers & Agents UPDATE: 2023 Strike OVER but SAG still at it!

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The execs are gonna cut the check, eventually. And they know it. This shit is about the AI component. They're not willing (at least at this point) to make promises about not using a technology that could save them millions upon millions.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Might start checking out this series soon. Heard about it the other day when Pop Culture Happy Hour reviewed the show, and wasn't on my radar as it's available on the Amazon Freevee platform.

I'm familiar with Serrano's work in years past with his contributions at The Ringer when he would co-host or guest on podcasts ...

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
These fools know they can pay these people they trying hard to hold on to the old way of old business and the money they been making with streaming. This been coming down the pipe for a minute it's just how long is the old cacs hold out.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These fools know they can pay these people they trying hard to hold on to the old way of old business and the money they been making with streaming. This been coming down the pipe for a minute it's just how long is the old cacs hold out.

It's not just about the money. They know they're gonna have to pay them. I've heard the big sticking point for the production companies is the AI thing.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
It's not just about the money. They know they're gonna have to pay them. I've heard the big sticking point for the production companies is the AI thing.

Its true. WHen they were about to strike a writer on twitter was showing how the studios refused to even negotiate the use of AI.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Yikes. Really wondering what SAF-AFTRA is gonna do. DGA folded like orgami.

They better get this resolved before it comes time for the Golden Globes and the Oscars next year..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster