Hollywood News: WGA Battle - The Hollywood Fight That’s Tearing Apart Writers & Agents UPDATE: 2023 Strike OVER but SAG still at it!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

gif

@Helico-pterFunk

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Fran looks like a clown here. Meanwhile

Holy hell....

There has to be so much more going on here. And by that I mean MONEY.

to be fair the industry has to take a lot of blame here

Trying to abandon physical media, hiding streaming numbers, not fixing all these rules after covid, syndication rights, AI, etc etc

There is another level we not seeing.

There has to be a whole other big money play they are desperately trying to lock the writers and actors out of.

And I'm still curious on how and why the directors folded so quick.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
isnt he one?

Good point. Forgot about that. He definitely has to be in SAG too. Been thinking of him as the production company lately. But that would also mean he's WGA. Granted you can still create your own shit if you're WGA and DGA (which he'd have to be) not dealing with the AMPTP but it's a game changer if SAG strikes. Unless he's about to be all of the characters

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Holy hell....

There has to be so much more going on here. And by that I mean MONEY.

to be fair the industry has to take a lot of blame here

Trying to abandon physical media, hiding streaming numbers, not fixing all these rules after covid, syndication rights, AI, etc etc

There is another level we not seeing.

There has to be a whole other big money play they are desperately trying to lock the writers and actors out of.

And I'm still curious on how and why the directors folded so quick.

From what I've been told (on the management side) the production companies know they gotta cut the check. They're dragging their feet to leverage that against the AI dispute. SAG-AFTRA needs to be deeply concerned with these deep fakes. That Nicki Minaj/Tom Holland deep fake short should've shaken them to the core. And the tech is only gonna get better.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
From what I've been told (on the management side) the production companies know they gotta cut the check. They're dragging their feet to leverage that against the AI dispute. SAG-AFTRA needs to be deeply concerned with these deep fakes. That Nicki Minaj/Tom Holland deep fake short should've shaken them to the core. And the tech is only gonna get better.

^^^

I was VERY naïve about this and have heard the same

the check gonna be cut eventually but hey not gonna make it EASY at ALL

and this AI sh*t is much more serious then I ever thought