I can't find ammo anywhere.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Here in Birmingham, Academy has ammo in stock on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and regular prices around .50¢ each. if you get there early. I got a couple hundred rounds of .45 and .40 and .556 and box of 100 12ga at Winchester for $30.

They only let you buy 2 boxes at a time, so I made 2 trips and got the wife to go buy. May go this week and get some more.

any 6.5 Creedmoor?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
You cats need to grab a 9mm and/ or 22lr firearm and call it a day. All this fancy ish will get you searching for ammo when ish hits the fan.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Hit up Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop if they are in your area. They allow up to 5 boxes & don't price gouge. Figuring out when their restock come in is the hard part & a lot of times you just luck out and happen to be there when they roll the cart out or someone you know sees it & hits you up. I've been able to get 50rd boxes of 9mm for $16 & 20rd boxes of 5.56 for $13. I've even managed to get some 224 Valkyrie boxes of 20 for $18.Today I got lucky at a different LGS & scored a box of 50 300 Blackout rounds for $40. They also had subsonic boxes of 20 for $20-25 but they had a 1 box limit & I had already got the box of 50 supersonic. Going back tomorrow to see if I can score some more.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
If you catch em in morning you can get it. Gotta go early. I got everything except 6.5 Creedmoor
Some stores started staggering when they put their stock on the shelves cuz ppl would flood the store in the morning & buy up all the stock. The logic as explained to 1 of the ppl in my NAAGA chapter was they wannabe fair to the ppl who are unable to wait in the early hours for the stores to open & staggering the stock would give everyone more of a fair shot

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Some stores started staggering when they put their stock on the shelves cuz ppl would flood the store in the morning & buy up all the stock. The logic as explained to 1 of the ppl in my NAAGA chapter was they wannabe fair to the ppl who are unable to wait in the early hours for the stores to open & staggering the stock would give everyone more of a fair shot

You in Ga? I'm willing to collaborate with some peeps here if you up for it. I got 6.5 Grendal that I can't use at all. Got plenty of .45, 9, .308, .556. Got a lil .40 subsonic. Got all mostly at Academy and dirt cheap. I'm needing that 6.5 Creedmoor which the gouging continues online but I may have to just say fuck it.

These assholes sell but it's marked up. They have .556 and almost everything you can name with the exception of that 6.5. Also their range sucks ass. It looks good but it ain't good. At all.

Adventure Outdoors - Remington Range

They have some but prices aren't great at all. Sell lil peanut boxes of 15 to 20 9mm for like $40? No thanks
Reminder: Field & Stream Magazine is Not Affiliated with the Retail Store or Dick's Sporting Goods (fieldandstream.com)

Last edited:

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This post was last year. But right now some people have large stocks of ammo. And they are smart for this. A lot has been going on. One city and state people have been asking why did the mayor order all those amour piercing rounds for the national guard? What the fuck was they getting prepared for? For us blacks Jonestown should have been a wake up call. After they killed all those people in Jonestown every government official involved got bonuses, raises and promotions. I had noticed with the case of Zimmerman and officer Don Wilson they both got over a million dollars each. They killed unarmed youth. May seem strange to us but it seems that some of these white supremacist groups that know what is going on saw cases where the blacks were in the position that they feel they should be in totally helpless like the victims in Jonestown.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
You in Ga? I'm willing to collaborate with some peeps here if you up for it. I got 6.5 Grendal that I can't use at all. Got plenty of .45, 9, .308, .556. Got a lil .40 subsonic. Got all mostly at Academy and dirt cheap. I'm needing that 6.5 Creedmoor which the gouging continues online but I may have to just say fuck it.

These assholes sell but it's marked up. They have .556 and almost everything you can name with the exception of that 6.5. Also their range sucks ass. It looks good but it ain't good. At all.

Adventure Outdoors - Remington Range

They have some but prices aren't great at all. Sell lil peanut boxes of 15 to 20 9mm for like $40? No thanks
Reminder: Field & Stream Magazine is Not Affiliated with the Retail Store or Dick's Sporting Goods (fieldandstream.com)
Nah I'm in Raleigh, NC. Ironically I was looking for 6.5 Grendel ammo for the precision rifle I'm building and only have 2 boxes. I was seeing 224 Valkyrie ammo consistently so I put the 6.5G upper build on hold in favor of the 224V.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Nah I'm in Raleigh, NC. Ironically I was looking for 6.5 Grendel ammo for the precision rifle I'm building and only have 2 boxes. I was seeing 224 Valkyrie ammo consistently so I put the 6.5G upper build on hold in favor of the 224V.

If you make it this way or I come that way I’ll let you have two boxes. Just for the fun if it.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
If you make it this way or I come that way I’ll let you have two boxes. Just for the fun if it.
That's what's up. Are you a NAAGA member or shoot with any? I'm a member of the Raleigh Triangle chapter and my cousin is one who lives in Alpharetta. I'm supposed to link with his this summer to maybe do some shooting. I was hoping to have my 224V build done by then but can't find any good quality barrels to complete my upper so that's not looking as likely

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
That's what's up. Are you a NAAGA member or shoot with any? I'm a member of the Raleigh Triangle chapter and my cousin is one who lives in Alpharetta. I'm supposed to link with his this summer to maybe do some shooting. I was hoping to have my 224V build done by then but can't find any good quality barrels to complete my upper so that's not looking as likely

I called and emailed them dudes but they never hit me back so I’m doing something else. I’m getting back into long range shooting and I want to make my 6.5 my primary. Have the .308 too but I’m wanting to shoot past 600 meters for those calibers. 5.56 is cool up to 600 but I’m going to do a lil bit of 800 meters with them too. See if I can relive my glory days lol

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I called and emailed them dudes but they never hit me back so I’m doing something else. I’m getting back into long range shooting and I want to make my 6.5 my primary. Have the .308 too but I’m wanting to shoot past 600 meters for those calibers. 5.56 is cool up to 600 but I’m going to do a lil bit of 800 meters with them too. See if I can relive my glory days lol
I'm definitely working at getting into the distance game. Once I get comfortable with that then I'll look into stepping up to a 308 and/or 6.5 Creedmoor. I just put down on a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6x SFP scope for my .223/5.56 to get my feet wet in shooting distance. I'll get a much higher end scope for my 224 Valkyrie project.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

LIES! Mf never said where he from or where he gets his ammo! I agree it’s gotten better but there is still no abundance of ammo for all types! I see dumbshit like 224, 357 or that bullshit 22L (no thanks, I’ll throw a rock at you first) and some 7.62 etc but nothing like what I’d consider “normal” Academy just started getting .300 blackout in but that caliber doesn’t make sense to me because 5.56 comes out faster and flatter without the over penetration. Still, people shoot what they want. Wish I could throw a brick at this dude!

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
LIES! Mf never said where he from or where he gets his ammo! I agree it’s gotten better but there is still no abundance of ammo for all types! I see dumbshit like 224, 357 or that bullshit 22L (no thanks, I’ll throw a rock at you first) and some 7.62 etc but nothing like what I’d consider “normal” Academy just started getting .300 blackout in but that caliber doesn’t make sense to me because 5.56 comes out faster and flatter without the over penetration. Still, people shoot what they want. Wish I could throw a brick at this dude!
Hey Hey Hey leave the 224 out of it. I'm feeling attacked right now :lol: I'm glad 300 Blackout is coming back in stock too. Right in time for my upper rebuild.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I'm definitely working at getting into the distance game. Once I get comfortable with that then I'll look into stepping up to a 308 and/or 6.5 Creedmoor. I just put down on a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6x SFP scope for my .223/5.56 to get my feet wet in shooting distance. I'll get a much higher end scope for my 224 Valkyrie project.

Vortex Strike Eagle Gen 2, Vortex Crossfire II, buy once cry once plus you can run over their scopes with a car and they’ll replace it free! You can’t beat it. Lots of other great scopes out there but man save your money! Scope should be no more than twice what you paid for the rifle. That’s me though.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Hey Hey Hey leave the 224 out of it. I'm feeling attacked right now :lol: I'm glad 300 Blackout is coming back in stock too. Right in time for my upper rebuild.

lmao my bad dawg! When I went to Academy a few weeks ago they had 6.5 Grendal and the white dude grabbed a box. I was like one box? The fuck is that gonna do? Was about to say hey man I have a few but then I thought to myself....this mf may try to shoot a brother with this. :hmm: Fuck himmmm!!!:angry::angry::smh: Would he give me some fucking ammo? No! He would not!

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Have found Academy is the cheapest I've found for 9mm.

Have to go early on the day they receive shipments and can only get it from customer service who keeps it in a cage. They have them for $17 a box of 50 in 9mm. They don't even put it on the shelf. The lady told me they usually bring out the cage at 9am and it's empty at 10:30ish. And is a two box limit

I've only gone twice to get rounds, I have a lot on stock. I miss the $8-9 a box times B4 this nonsense all started.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Have to go early on the day they receive shipments and can only get it from customer service who keeps it in a cage. They have them for $17 a box of 50 in 9mm. They don't even put it on the shelf. The lady told me they usually bring out the cage at 9am and it's empty at 10:30ish. And is a two box limit

I've only gone twice to get rounds, I have a lot on stock. I miss the $8-9 a box times B4 this nonsense all started.

Wow. Nah I can get that fairly easy at mines. Also at the bullshit ass range store but at a markup. Academy is great because they haven’t marked up like these other Ass holes.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Vortex Strike Eagle Gen 2, Vortex Crossfire II, buy once cry once plus you can run over their scopes with a car and they’ll replace it free! You can’t beat it. Lots of other great scopes out there but man save your money! Scope should be no more than twice what you paid for the rifle. That’s me though.
I looked at the Strike Eagle 2 & considered it as well as a similar Primary Arms scope but opted for the Vortex Viper cuz it has a better glass than both of the other scopes & the eye relief was great. I was able to keep both eyes open comfortably looking at the reticle on the Viper.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

If you have a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's near to you, you'll find similar pricing & a 5 box limit instead of 2. When they get their restock though is a crapshoot. I'm lucky that I'm part of a group chat of NAAGA members who send out bat signals any time they stop by either of those stores & see a restock that just occurred or is about to happen. That 2 box limit almost feels humiliating when you've been standing outside on long ass lines waiting for the store to open.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

E1DRzSMX0Ac9gsp

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Back in September of 2020, I ordered 250 round of 9mm Ammo from OpticsPlanet.com for $64.38.

I'm still waiting for that order to be processed. Every couple of months, I get an email from them saying not to cancel the order it's still processing.

Only good thing is they do not charge your credit card until the product ships.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Hit up Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop if they are in your area. They allow up to 5 boxes & don't price gouge. Figuring out when their restock come in is the hard part & a lot of times you just luck out and happen to be there when they roll the cart out or someone you know sees it & hits you up. I've been able to get 50rd boxes of 9mm for $16 & 20rd boxes of 5.56 for $13. I've even managed to get some 224 Valkyrie boxes of 20 for $18.Today I got lucky at a different LGS & scored a box of 50 300 Blackout rounds for $40. They also had subsonic boxes of 20 for $20-25 but they had a 1 box limit & I had already got the box of 50 supersonic. Going back tomorrow to see if I can score some more.

Oh really?

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

Sadly there's ppl out there spending that money who don't know any better. The other day I saw a guy on Facebook bragging about getting 2 bags of 50 9mm rounds through using ammoseek.com. I was able to reduce he not only bought remanufactured ammo but that he paid $25 for each of those bags that he was boasting about. Took everything in me to not roast him for overpaying on reman ammo

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
You cats need to grab a 9mm and/ or 22lr firearm and call it a day. All this fancy ish will get you searching for ammo when ish hits the fan.
I came to this conclusion in '08 when Obama got elected and I couldn't find .380 ammo anywhere.

I tried to center my weapons' around 9mm and 7.62×39mm ammo.