If The Earth Was Flat. Why Can”t You See The Edge From A Plane?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quick question...

Did anyone ever explain how there is land on the equator if the earth is a spining ball of water?

JaggedPreciousJavalina-size_restricted.gif

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
OGsz0.jpg

Depends on your eye. You can realise the curvature of the Earth by just going to the beach. Last summer I was on a scientific cruise in the Mediterranean. I took two pictures of a distant boat, within an interval of a few seconds: one from the lowest deck of the ship (left image), the other one from our highest observation platform (about 16 m higher; picture on the right):
A distant boat seen from 6 m (left) and from 22 m (right) above the sea surface. This boat was about 30 km apart. My pictures, taken with a 30x optical zoom camera.
The part of the boat that is missing in the left image is hidden by the quasi-spherical shape of the Earth. In fact, if you would know the size of the boat and its distance, we could infer the radius of the Earth. But since we already know this, let's do it the other way around and deduce the distance to which we can see the full boat:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
"Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king.. its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists".

- Nikola Tesla

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OGsz0.jpg

Depends on your eye. You can realise the curvature of the Earth by just going to the beach. Last summer I was on a scientific cruise in the Mediterranean. I took two pictures of a distant boat, within an interval of a few seconds: one from the lowest deck of the ship (left image), the other one from our highest observation platform (about 16 m higher; picture on the right):
A distant boat seen from 6 m (left) and from 22 m (right) above the sea surface. This boat was about 30 km apart. My pictures, taken with a 30x optical zoom camera.
The part of the boat that is missing in the left image is hidden by the quasi-spherical shape of the Earth. In fact, if you would know the size of the boat and its distance, we could infer the radius of the Earth. But since we already know this, let's do it the other way around and deduce the distance to which we can see the full boat:
NF8y.gif

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
If the Earth is round. How is it I'm able to see my neighbors house down the block? See I can see my neighbors house down the block that proves the earth is flat. :lol:

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
This is the thing bro

Your question doesn't make sense

First because it's a nonsense question on its face

But why would being flat change how it behaves as one ascends anyway? To be honest I'm not even sure what the fuck you are asking or what point you're trying to make.

And you repeating this dumb shit as a means to avoid all that other stuff I asked you, just do you know you not being slick. Although I can't tell at this point if it's more for me or for you so you don't have a psychotic break.
Because his eyes are more telling than NASA!!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because his eyes are more telling than NASA!!

NASA could take him into space in a shuttle and he’ll say that it was just an advanced flight simulator.

There’s nothing anyone can tell him or that he could see that would change his mind. It’s actually sad if you think about it.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
Even though the rotation speed is over 1000mph?

And on a tennis ball all the water drain off :confused:
Okay, Bruh. Get taught. None of that bullshit from YouTube either. Off the cuff. F = MG but F = MA also. This formula is Force = mass times gravity and Force = mass times acceleration

1000 mph means sense for the earth's mass.
NASA could take him into space in a shuttle and he’ll say that it was just an advanced flight simulator.

There’s nothing anyone can tell him or that he could see that would change his mind. It’s actually sad if you think about it.
Bruh, I want to know who turned him.
:lol2:

Bruh, I'm feeling this tik tok app right, and they have live action cameras around the world. People are outside and it's daylight in Japan. Wouldn't it be dark on flat earth?
Why complicate this especially when do you don't understand grade school fundamentals. THIS IS GRADE SCHOOL SCIENCE.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay, Bruh. Get taught. None of that bullshit from YouTube either. Off the cuff. F = MG but F = MA also. This formula is Force = mass times gravity and Force = mass times acceleration

Bruh, I'm feeling this tik tok app right, and they have live action cameras around the world. People are outside and it's daylight in Japan. Wouldn't it be dark on flat earth?
Why complicate this especially when do you don't understand grade school fundamentals. THIS IS GRADE SCHOOL SCIENCE.

It’s just as a man, it‘s ok to be wrong. Just admit it. Instead he’s trying to go to the edge of flat Earth to trying to prove to us that he’s right when we all know that he’s wrong.

Unfortunately no amount of proof or evidence will ever change his mind. And the Earth not being round is a pretty big fucking thing to be wrong about!

abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i have a simple question i don't think has been asked
if the earth is flat and the sun and moon are circling inside a dome over it
where are the other planets and how come they seem to be round and rotate?
also if they are flat why are they oriented so that the appear round from earth

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

7edc690fdc58878a346f21328fdfd83c.gif

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
OGsz0.jpg

3:55 mark

Last edited:

Fright Night

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
STILL waiting....

dave-chappel.gif

There is alot that pple can go back and forth about.

But no one has ever made any kind of sense when asked...

"Why is there land on the equator of a spinning ball of water"?

It's the simplest of questions but I guarantee (if anyone attemps) u are gonna get some weird & wild equations and theories.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

It's the simplest of questions but I guarantee (if anyone attemps) u are gonna get some weird & wild equations and theories.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you implying that there shouldn't be land on the equator? And if you are, why?

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Because gravity is more than 200 times as strong as the centrifugal force at the equator, and that’s where it is strongest. The centrifugal force is even weaker everywhere else. So, gravity keeps the oceans in place. Due to centrifugal force, the earth’s equatorial radius is 20km greater than its polar radius. This means gravity is slightly stronger at the poles than the equator thus balancing the centrifugal force. If the earth were completely rigid and thus a perfect sphere, most of the oceans would indeed end up round the equator.

1620037413_image%20%20(1).png

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Because gravity is more than 200 times as strong as the centrifugal force at the equator, and that’s where it is strongest. The centrifugal force is even weaker everywhere else. So, gravity keeps the oceans in place. Due to centrifugal force, the earth’s equatorial radius is 20km greater than its polar radius. This means gravity is slightly stronger at the poles than the equator thus balancing the centrifugal force. If the earth were completely rigid and thus a perfect sphere, most of the oceans would indeed end up round the equator.

giphy.gif

Fright Night

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My nig why are u showing us an axis tilt diagram?? Who said anything about that??

This that weird science I was talking about!!

How u gonna show us a ball earth. And the last thing u said is the earth is not a ball. Show us what it really look like then. U a scientist and a day dreamer at the same damn time.

Your first sentence is the dumbest tho. Let's pretend u didn't type that.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
My nig why are u showing us an axis tilt diagram?? Who said anything about that??

This that weird science I was talking about!!

How u gonna show us a ball earth. And the last thing u said is the earth is not a ball. Show us what it really look like then. U a scientist and a day dreamer at the same damn time.

Your first sentence is the dumbest tho. Let's pretend u didn't type that.

I'm not yo nig. Even with a picture you can't comprehend it. Do us a favor and just start running until you fall off the flat earth.