Is DJ Envy (aka Individual #1) a real estate scammer?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Did that bitch buy a house or not?

eddie-murphy-what.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lawyers don’t really want to lose big cases bro. It ain’t about short term money. You wanna look good so you can command more money.
Kidding me? I wish I was his lawyer.
"Yeah so I can fight on your best interest but it will cost you $150k"

...two weeks later

"yeah so umm we're going to need another $100k for more associates and private investigators and I think I can sway a juror or two but we didn't discuss that"

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Lawyers don’t really want to lose big cases bro. It ain’t about short term money. You wanna look good so you can command more money.
My only response is that this is federal, expect to lose. Someone is going to take the case, has to.

They can walk away bragging that they got him the lowest sentence possible BS.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

@playahaitian i guess there's no need for a class action suit, the feds will already be going after restitution, they have the victims already. I think they building their ties to Envy is my assumption or he singing for less time. Also Ceasars wearing an ankle monitor.

From the article:
"Pina partnered with a celebrity disc jockey and radio personality to conduct real estate seminars around the country. Through these seminars, self-promotional efforts, and other marketing strategies, Pina developed a significant social media following.

Starting in 2017, Pina began accepting investments from victim investors for the alleged purchase, remodel, and sale of specific real estate projects in New Jersey and other states. To induce his victims, Pina often promised 20 to 45 percent returns on investment within five months. But instead of using victims’ investments as promised, Pina engaged in a Ponzi-like scheme by commingling victim money, using new victim investments to pay off prior victims, and spending victim funds on personal expenditures. The investigation has revealed that Pina defrauded dozens of investors of millions of dollars."

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still torn about that part.

If an investment FAILS

How can you sue that you were cheated?

There are NO GURANTEES right?

Outside of a proven ponzi scheme how can you prove you were a victim?

My only guess is the dudes who gave him one amount. Then told after a few months, look that place I'm having issues with permits and whatever excuse, so you want to jump on this other spot I got?

I'm assuming it's the major money peeps he's given to that legally can prove they gave him bread. All the others who gave him cash or street money are assed out.

I feel like if he told a slew of people I'll give you 30% back, then all those people should have had a class action suit, so maybe there's nothing there. Any greedy attorney would have found those people.
This isn’t about bad real estate investments.
If me and you go in on a deal and it falls apart that isn’t fraud.

Cesar did 2 illegal things:
1. He sold a security. Which is basically a stock. He said he would get these people 30% return on their investment and signed paper work saying that. He didn’t give them the 30% return and didn’t give them their original investment back. These are crimes.
2. It was discovered that he took money from multiple people promising them securities on the same property. He over leveraged the properties and created a ponzi - pyramid scheme. That is a crime.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

1. He sold a security. Which is basically a stock. He said he would get these people 30% return on their investment and signed paper work saying that. He didn’t give them the 30% return and didn’t give them their original investment back. These are crimes.
2. It was discovered that he took money from multiple people promising them securities on the same property. He over leveraged the properties and created a ponzi - pyramid scheme. That is a crime.
3. convinced "investors" to buy shares / % of properties that Cesar and Envy did not own

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My only response is that this is federal, expect to lose. Someone is going to take the case, has to.

They can walk away bragging that they got him the lowest sentence possible BS.
Feds only do social media when they got jail time.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tax evasion when they find out envy was lying on them books collecting money from them seminars.. how you get them new cars mr envy when it says your power 105 contract shows you can’t afford them cars

Envy: easy man real estate uhhh I mean my seminar uhhh

Feds: you know you done fucked up

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
4. Wire fraud. If he used any digital payment transfer

I don't recall any of the big name players (Gary V and etc...) saying how they paid him, but I can see Cesar being cognizant of potential wore fraud and asking for checks to a shell or overseas account

All the black, brown and etc "regular" people were asked to pay in cash.....

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tax evasion when they find out envy was lying on them books collecting money from them seminars.. how you get them new cars mr envy when it says your power 105 contract shows you can’t afford them cars

Envy: easy man real estate uhhh I mean my seminar uhhh

Feds: you know you done fucked up

Do you know Envy's salary from iheart?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It says this yr was about 3 million.. several yrs ago it wasn’t that
I thought even allegedly got money (in the millions) from a settlement from/related to Star talking shit about his daughter. Add that with the Breakfast Club and his DJing gigs and it's not crazy to think those things overall funded his lifestyle.

I don't think Envy outright scammed anyone. He is guilty of allowing his name and platform to be used. The question for me is when did he first hear about the possibility of the scam and when did he take the stories seriously. A ponzi is designed just like Envy described. Envy gave up money for an investment and was paid for it. He goes on to recommend Cesar to friends and his audience based off his multiple good experiences. At somepoint, Envy doesn't get paid for a much larger investment. Because Cesar has paid in the past, Envy doesn't think much of it. Even when people start coming to Envy complaining about not being paid, Envy doesn't believe the story and in some cases downplay it as hate or people not understanding how investments work ie not happening over night or having delays. That and ego are part of the reason Envy originally says Cesar doesn't owe him any money. He couldn't admit to the world that he'd been scammed for 500k. He also considered the school a partnership between and not the same as the other traditional investments.

People keep saying Envy had an office next to Cesar but the reality is that doesn't mean he knew what was happening. If a broker A is committing fraud it doesn't mean everyone at the firm was aware. Sharing an office space does not mean Envy was aware of all of Cesar's dealings. Their primary partnership seemed to be the seminars and they'd partner on some properties from time to time.

He isn't likely to get out of the civil cases, buy I don't think he has much to worry about on the criminal case. At least not based on what has been disclosed to the public so far.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Why does WWE Flex hate Envy so bad? Nigga is obsessed dropping 1 million bombs doing his Hulk Hogan rants.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I thought even allegedly got money (in the millions) from a settlement from/related to Star talking shit about his daughter. Add that with the Breakfast Club and his DJing gigs and it's not crazy to think those things overall funded his lifestyle.

I don't think Envy outright scammed anyone. He is guilty of allowing his name and platform to be used. The question for me is when did he first hear about the possibility of the scam and when did he take the stories seriously. A ponzi is designed just like Envy described. Envy gave up money for an investment and was paid for it. He goes on to recommend Cesar to friends and his audience based off his multiple good experiences. At somepoint, Envy doesn't get paid for a much larger investment. Because Cesar has paid in the past, Envy doesn't think much of it. Even when people start coming to Envy complaining about not being paid, Envy doesn't believe the story and in some cases downplay it as hate or people not understanding how investments work ie not happening over night or having delays. That and ego are part of the reason Envy originally says Cesar doesn't owe him any money. He couldn't admit to the world that he'd been scammed for 500k. He also considered the school a partnership between and not the same as the other traditional investments.

People keep saying Envy had an office next to Cesar but the reality is that doesn't mean he knew what was happening. If a broker A is committing fraud it doesn't mean everyone at the firm was aware. Sharing an office space does not mean Envy was aware of all of Cesar's dealings. Their primary partnership seemed to be the seminars and they'd partner on some properties from time to time.

He isn't likely to get out of the civil cases, buy I don't think he has much to worry about on the criminal case. At least not based on what has been disclosed to the public so far.
They literally got a vid of a complex that was supposed to be built 3 yrs ago still not being started, yet they collected about 7 figs for it. That doesn't throw up red flags about something ain't right here?.. why not return the money or start pushing for it to be built unless you didn't really care about the property and just wanted the money

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

If you been following the vids. Envy has said he never stole from no one ever. Than in another vid he explains how he has a larceny charge in VA from when he use to steal thousands of dollars worth of equipment from Sam's club.. he claims he did it at least 3-4 times. Explained how he mastermind it by specifically going on Sundays dressed up in a suit to look like he was coming from church. Even explained how he didn't even needed the money just did it to try to look cool. He even snitches on his plug for that whole scheme. Quietly admitted he committed fraud in order to acquire a place to stay at while in VA.. he was doing this at 19/20 which shows he already had a mindset of manipulation, thievery, fraud, snitching. He telling you who he really is