Is DJ Envy (aka Individual #1) a real estate scammer?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Naw not trying to be contrarian at all just stating we just don’t know.

I’m not a dj so I don’t know how much they get paid, but from what I got from him he was doing a dj gig damn near everyday of the week. That adds up plus doing like HBCU homecomings and other events. Not sure how much he was charging for those but I’m coming from the stand point the more you do the more you make.

$500 for 1 DJ gig is not a lot, but if you do 10 that’s 5,000.

That nigga seemed to work a lot.

Plus like I said his wife mother died and she could have left some money and properties. He probably used the down payment for his new house by selling his old.

Honestly for regular 9-5 folks yeah $10 million is a lot of money for a house, but in DC there are houses that go for that all the time. Down here in Charlotte I drive by houses at that price point or more going to the barber.

Did he say how much he paid for the house he lives in?

If someone says they think Envy was greedy, I understand that. People make billions and break rules or don't behave morally for more money.It's possible Envy had knowledge of the scam at somepoint or worse was really involved. What I don't get is acting like Envy didn't potentially have money to afford and maintain his lifestyle.to be fair, it's slso possible Envy over extended himself and needed more money.Some of this does come off like they just don't like Envy as if they personally know him. Until formal charges are filed, why not give Envy benefit of the doubt.

Envy isn't a regular DJ and aren't factoring in or seem to know about the alleged settlement from Star. We don't know what Envy could demand for a night, but there are famous DJs who charge 50 to 100k. The new job posting for the third seat on the Breakfast Club said it around 150 to 200k a year. I would assume Envy and Charlemagne make will above that, but even if they only made that it's not the average workers salary. He likely does have legit houses and is a landlord along with other investments.

Even with all the cars and the expensive home, who says he bought those items outright. Well off people still get loans and use credit. To your point, selling his old home would also reduce the cost of the new home.

People are talking like Envy is a local or up and coming DJ or has a regular 9 to 5 job.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If someone says they think Envy was greedy, I understand that. People make billions and break rules or don't behave morally for more money.It's possible Envy had knowledge of the scam at somepoint or worse was really involved. What I don't get is acting like Envy didn't potentially have money to afford and maintain his lifestyle.to be fair, it's slso possible Envy over extended himself and needed more money.Some of this does come off like they just don't like Envy as if they personally know him. Until formal charges are filed, why not give Envy benefit of the doubt.

Envy isn't a regular DJ and aren't factoring in or seem to know about the alleged settlement from Star. We don't know what Envy could demand for a night, but there are famous DJs who charge 50 to 100k. The new job posting for the third seat on the Breakfast Club said it around 150 to 200k a year. I would assume Envy and Charlemagne make will above that, but even if they only made that it's not the average workers salary. He likely does have legit houses and is a landlord along with other investments.

Even with all the cars and the expensive home, who says he bought those items outright. Well off people still get loans and use credit. To your point, selling his old home would also reduce the cost of the new home.

People are talking like Envy is a local or up and coming DJ or has a regular 9 to 5 job.
Exactly.

Plus I’ll even add this. DJ Drama got hit up with a RICo with the mixtapes, but I don’t think clue and envy ever did. The way they were pushing those mixtapes all over the country I’m sure he made a lot of money of those.

But you are 100% correct.

And with the DJ thing, I would hear him say how he would DJ at 2 different spots on the same night.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Envy is so green that he was probably being scammed the whole time and didn't know it.

Seeing how Envy moves, he seems to be more of a mark than a scammer or anything street related.
Unfortunately for him the Feds won’t give a fuck about that. Just like if your boy decides to rob a bank and you happen to be with him. Good luck explaining you didn’t know he was planning to do that .

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I will say envy sued star and got cash from the radio. His crib before this one was big as shit too . He could have sold that one and moved into the other.

But the main point I will make is knowing or not he has to proof it

..seem to know about the alleged settlement from Star
Envy and his wife got less than $500k for that
Star posted the settlement agreement on his channel a few times

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Naw not trying to be contrarian at all just stating we just don’t know.

I’m not a dj so I don’t know how much they get paid, but from what I got from him he was doing a dj gig damn near everyday of the week. That adds up plus doing like HBCU homecomings and other events. Not sure how much he was charging for those but I’m coming from the stand point the more you do the more you make.

$500 for 1 DJ gig is not a lot, but if you do 10 that’s 5,000.

That nigga seemed to work a lot.

Plus like I said his wife mother died and she could have left some money and properties. He probably used the down payment for his new house by selling his old.

Honestly for regular 9-5 folks yeah $10 million is a lot of money for a house, but in DC there are houses that go for that all the time. Down here in Charlotte I drive by houses at that price point or more going to the barber.

Did he say how much he paid for the house he lives in?
Envy definitely got more than 500 for a dj gig. 4 figs and he sometimes would do multiple places a night

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Envy definitely got more than 500 for a dj gig. 4 figs and he sometimes would do multiple places a night

Right I was just using that as an example...I read he was getting 5000 a night for the shows he was doing in New York Thursday - Sunday.

Yeah he probably going to jail or going to have to pay alot of money....He might can be eligible for home arrest also just like Big Freeda.....

I didn't know they were fucking with the Government with the FHA Loans....

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Envy and his wife got less than $500k for that
Star posted the settlement agreement on his channel a few times

I thought Clear Channel was included too, but that really wasn't my overall point. My point was Envy has enough money or assets to explain the cars and house on the surface.

It's also crazy because Ceasar continues to say Envy wasn't involved. Yes, Ceasar could be lying for some reason or he could be telling the truth. People will show every video to say Envy made money qith Ceasar, but will ignore the words of the primary suspect. One of the first things that would occur in a situation like this is his financial records would be audited. Envy would need to explain where everything comes from. Depending on how his partnership was structured with Ceasar Envy could still get caught up off some dumb technicality. Either they are still looking through his finances or they didn't find anything that stood out.

If someone wants to say Envy is guilty, you'd be better off saying he isn't being charged because he is working with law enforcement. Even then, you wouldn't necessarily get off without a fine or jail time if they could connect you. Hence, why my attitude is wait and see instead listening to the public who doesn't have any details about the investigation. Trying to say Envy wealth is primarily attributed to the scam makes little sense.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Couple of quick questions:

Anyone know if Charlamagne and Envy have similar contracts to one another at the station? I was always under the impression that they and Angela were making good $$$ there given the show’s popularity. High listenership and online viewership and trending.

How is Angela Yee doing these days? Her podcasts and other ventures seem to be doing well.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Clear Channel was included too, but that really wasn't my overall point. My point was Envy has enough money or assets to explain the cars and house on the surface.

It's also crazy because Ceasar continues to say Envy wasn't involved. Yes, Ceasar could be lying for some reason or he could be telling the truth. People will show every video to say Envy made money qith Ceasar, but will ignore the words of the primary suspect. One of the first things that would occur in a situation like this is his financial records would be audited. Envy would need to explain where everything comes from. Depending on how his partnership was structured with Ceasar Envy could still get caught up off some dumb technicality. Either they are still looking through his finances or they didn't find anything that stood out.

If someone wants to say Envy is guilty, you'd be better off saying he isn't being charged because he is working with law enforcement. Even then, you wouldn't necessarily get off without a fine or jail time if they could connect you. Hence, why my attitude is wait and see instead listening to the public who doesn't have any details about the investigation. Trying to say Envy wealth is primarily attributed to the scam makes little sense.

This is already happening.

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smart-Select-20231102-092040-You-Tube.jpg

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

Be very careful with that statement because we don’t know if this is envy first time to the rodeo with the scams.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Be very careful with that statement because we don’t know if this is envy first time to the rodeo with the scams.
Nothing to be careful about. I'm not impacted in any way by Envy's current, past or future behavior. However, i do stand on what I say. if it turns out I'm wrong about Envy's wealth not coming primarily from legitimate ventures, I'll gladly so I was wrong.

If I attempt to run, feel free to hold me accountable. Just remember the key word i used. Primarily. Allegedly, Envy is worth is between 3 to 8 million. Dont come back to me with some pity amount.
:lol:

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Nothing to be careful about. I'm not impacted in any way by Envy's current, past or future behavior. However, i do stand on what I say. if it turns out I'm wrong about Envy's wealth not coming primarily from legitimate ventures, I'll gladly so I was wrong.

If I attempt to run, feel free to hold me accountable. Just remember the key word i used. Primarily. Allegedly, Envy is worth is between 3 to 8 million. Dont come back to me with some pity amount.
:lol:
Again, be careful

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cornball behavior. I hope Joe send some goons at that nigga

I think if Joe did that it'd be corny.

I always say this. If you talk shit about someone, you can't get mad at how they or their associates act. Joe wasn't just reporting on Ceasar. He was calling him out of his name and belittling beyond the scam shit and it was funny. Dude didn't say nothing to his girl.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think if Joe did that it'd be corny.

I always say this. If you talk shit about someone, you can't get mad at how they or their associates act. Joe wasn't just reporting on Ceasar. He was calling him out of his name and belittling beyond the scam shit and it was funny. Dude didn't say nothing to his girl.
Damn it was a joke bro.‘I’m going to have start saying that so people want take it literally.

Joe got way too much money to mess up his bag dealing with scum.