Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It would be hilarious If the Harris-Walz campaign ran an ad of "Trump Alumni" consisting of former business partners, organizations, lawyers, etc. speaking on their businesses he ruined and/or never paid :lol:
It would be nothing but negative review. I once watched a guy talked about his friend who was a contractor for one of Trump's businesses. the guy (contractor) ended up committing suicide because he was stuck up by Trump by incurring debt he couldn't pay.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
The residual effects of fuckin with Trump is starting to set in.

These GOP representatives are trying to save their job because they see the writing on the wall. The Trump ship is sinking and it’s taking everybody with it.
Yep, and I told y’all this was going to happen because remember some of the Republican voters in the state of Florida are pissed at the state government for the insurance bullshit and housing bullshit that is going on in Florida.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great job Biden/Harris! Just release criminals into the country. We know you'll fix all this Kamalaho!

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Hey @Camille im assuming you're in Florida. What do you think?

I'm in Ohio. I just follow a bunch of FL political folk. Supposedly Scott is done. I've also heard that the GOP is having to campaign in places rhey normally dont. Matt Gaetz supposedly hasn't campaigned in at least 3 cycles but is holding events. Every open seat has a dem running so dems have someone to vote for. I was told not to worry about party of voter in primaries. FL has closed primaries so often dems will vote as GOP in the primary but vote dem in the general.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I'm in Ohio. I just follow a bunch of FL political folk. Supposedly Scott is done. I've also heard that the GOP is having to campaign in places rhey normally dont. Matt Gaetz supposedly hasn't campaigned in at least 3 cycles but is holding events. Every open seat has a dem running so dems have someone to vote for. I was told not to worry about party of voter in primaries. FL has closed primaries so often dems will vote as GOP in the primary but vote dem in the general.

Look at you out here lying to the people. Ohio?!?!?!

:lol:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trump is fucking up his campaign as if it was possible to do any worst than he was doing. This is it.

See call me one of those skeptical people when it comes to opinions like that.

Theres nothing that Trump is doing and saying now that’s remotely a suprise if anyone paid 5 mins to him. Basically he’s on brand!

What’s the point?

The point is the people that are going to vote for him, imo, aren’t surprised or even worst turned off in the least. They simply don’t care he’s an awful human being. Hell they likely are too!

They’re voting for him no matter what because he aligns with their vices!

His biggest danger is with undecided(Which is the strangest group of all). There’s such a big contrast between the 2 candidates that I’m not sure how someone can be down the middle/undecided?

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
The MPA voters are unaffiliated/independents. My understanding is thar they usually break for dems around 60%.

There is also a VIP GOP donor who is supposed to be doing a fundraiser for one of the local dems and inviting other Republicans. I don't recall names.

The primary is the 20th. Nikki Barnes said ppl need to drop off ballots instead of mailing if rhey havent retured them yet. They have some GOTV efforts this weekend.

That link is supposed to be updated with the previous day's results by noon I think.

I wonder if the difference is due to DeSantis' purging of voters since the 2020 election or of Democrats are genuinely underperforming?

The GOP has made it harder for black people to vote by placing ridiculous restrictions on drop off ballots both in terms of locations and available hours.

"The new law required election staffers to monitor drop-off locations during early voting hours, which eliminated some curbside boxes and ended the possibility of stopping by after regular working hours or on most weekends."

"But federal courts upheld the law despite one judge finding it restricted the way Black voters cast ballots with “surgical precision.”"

Chief U.S. District Judge Mark Walker ruled after a two-week trial in February 2022 that restrictions in the law regulating drop boxes, requiring voters to request mail-in ballots more often and other requirements hurt Black voters and violated the Constitution.

Walker found it was harder for Black voters to get to a polling station because they are overrepresented in the service sector, with typically less flexible hours and less access to transportation.

"Across counties and across elections, Black voters use drop boxes more than White voters," Walker wrote. “More importantly, Black voters tend to use drop boxes in just the way that (the law) targets.”

But the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned his decision, ruling there wasn’t enough difference between how Black and white voters cast ballots to justify blocking the law.

“The finding that black voters are more likely to use drop boxes outside of early voting hours rests on ... flimsy evidence,” Chief Judge William Pryor wrote.