Kendrick Lamar disses Drake & J Cole on Metro Boomin & Futures Album/ Rick Ross Responds/ Kanye Responds/Kendrick Responds 4X / Drake Responds 3X

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Cmon man. Pac is absolutely zero like Aubrey. He had Black Panther Parents, Grew up with Black folks in poverty all over the country. He was always pro Black and would do ralleys around Oakland about upliftment even when he went crazy and turned into that thug character.

Pac was a poor kid that grew up with Black people. Aubrey Well off and raised with a white woman in a white neighborhood. Pac lived in Harlem for years, Baltimore for years, Oakland for years, LA for years. He shot out all areas he lives in he didn’t fake an accent like Aubrey just because he visited places. Pac was there in the trenches. Pac as a child in Harlem vs Aubrey.

2pac-on-his-families-block-in-east-harlem-nyc-v0-8u3sh52t10a81.jpg

104-149097_Actual.jpg
Yeah Playa tripping...Acting is the only comparison

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It ain't code switching stop labeling it that
You're saying niggas that's artistic and into poetry can't be bout it and that's wildly insane

I'm not.

I'm saying we have heard people who claim to have known Pac personally say it.

And we have interviews to support it too.

Pac sharp contrasts and duality is something his fans love to idolize yet condemn in others.

I love the concept someone especially a black man can be THAT.

But we don't afford that grace to other Blake men.

You have to be either or.

Or considered some type of rare case or exception.

I don't subscribe to that and have tried in real like to stop that narrative

I had thread on here where the very same Pac fans said boys shouldn't be allowed to do theatre and dance.

So what it is?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There aren't any character similarities which is why I am responding the way I am

Your character isn't where you're born or if you like poetry
Character is thinking the only thing you have is everyone else identity
It's fucking your friend girl soon as he go to prison
It's texting underage ppl

That's character
Not being artistic

Pac was a revolutionary willing to die

With all his faults.

Drake is over thirty and still SEEMS to be lost doesn't know how to navigate what his blackness is.

I understand why you responding like you are.

But I've said numerous times it was a thought I'm trying to process.

So I'm not allowed to throw that out? It ain't a hot take. Or definitive statement. It was a thought.

To me ART is a part of your personality & spirit and gives you the tools to express it.

It's deep to me how it helped Pac because who he is/was.

And how it turned Drake into what he is.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's completely unfounded because you're making character traits of sensitivity into a character trait of what it means to be black

Drake not "black" cause of color or sensitivity
He don't identify as us cause he clowned someone for rapping like they "tryna free the slaves"

I'm not.

I'm saying society sees it as such.

You acting like that isn't true?

Black men are not ALLOWED to be sensitive.

Isn't that the exact reason Mr. Morale and 4:44 are considered "too deep" for a lot of so called rap fans?

Drake's missteps are so steeped in a disconnect. Despite him being around individuals we would ASSUME would have grounded him by now.

Who Pac was around helped define him. But it .... I don't know what to Drake.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like I said I'm still thinking it out. But you made the exact points I did.

The arts background and identity code switching. Claiming different cities to fit in. And the relationship with women and their mothers.

when I got time I might really deep dive into this.

Yeah I think that's where the similarities stop...maybe if you add in the fact that they were both highly articulate and extremely adept at conveying their thoughts as young men and that they both may have had an unfortunate choices in the people they surrounded themselves with later in their lives and the desire to cross over into the gangster realm, which ultimately led to their demise ( Pac fatally, Drake possibly career wise)

But Pac had a revolutionary spirit being raised by Panthers, his mom was a brilliant educator/law student eyeball deep in the panther and black power movement....these things became the structural underpinnings of his character..man its a such a shame he made the decisions he did later in life and that he's gone

Drake wasn't really raised in those conditions but it aint as lily white as people make it..he spent his early years in Weston rd mostly black and immigrant working class areas and Oakwood and Vaughn close to "Little jamaica" .went to high school around there before him and his mom moved a lil further uptown to a basement in Forest Hill (the rich suburb everybody talks about). and spent summers in Memphis...He aint really become as culturally aware until later in his teens and rapped about struggles as a black kid etc in tracks like "stress" in his first mixtape. he wasn't advanced enough to be making shit like "Brenda had a baby" "trapped" etc. shit I don't even know if he got It in him to make that type of shit NOW.

Last edited:

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't what Drake identifies with as Drake shouldn't have said it because of who he is and his past.

But you know exactly what he meant by that.

yeah people keep focusing on the set up line....which was clumsy and not the best choice of words..but ignoring the following lines which was the main point.."fake activist it's all make believe, you don't even go back to your hood and plant no money trees"

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah people keep focusing on the set up line....which was clumsy and not the best choice of words..but ignoring the following lines which was the main point.."fake activist it's all make believe, you don't even go back to your hood and plant no money trees"

It's just because it came from Drake. If any Ross or any other rappers said it, it would've never been mentioned.

It's because it's Drake and understandably so because of his history.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pac was a revolutionary willing to die

With all his faults.

Drake is over thirty and still SEEMS to be lost doesn't know how to navigate what his blackness is.

I understand why you responding like you are.

But I've said numerous times it was a thought I'm trying to process.

So I'm not allowed to throw that out? It ain't a hot take. Or definitive statement. It was a thought.

To me ART is a part of your personality & spirit and gives you the tools to express it.

It's deep to me how it helped Pac because who he is/was.

And how it turned Drake into what he is.
If you’re dropping art every year, it’s not art but a business cycle. And the introduction of AI is no different than the collapse of sugar prices in the late 19th century. BBL Drizzy is the real travesty.

The collapse of the sugar plantation is upon us. The sugar plantation owners were investing in American railroads which collapsed and whose pieces would be eventually be held by Warren Buffet 160 years later. They took the money from the Freedman’s Bank and gave it to Warren Buffet.

Last edited: