Kendrick Lamar disses Drake & J Cole on Metro Boomin & Futures Album/ Rick Ross Responds/ Kanye Responds/Kendrick Responds 4X / Drake Responds 3X

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nobody looked at Easy as a lyricist either . What easy was , was a real gangster unlike most rappers

Most didn't know Easy didn't write at the time though. So that's why it doesn't matter if he was a real.gangster or not. It wasn't about that.

But we have fans saying he was an all time great RAPPER.

and listen you can like whoever you want, Easy was dope. But he wasn't no mc.

we gotta be careful with this ghostwriter stuff.

Personally? I don't care.

The hip hop super purist in me does but that's not the conversation we having.

The greatest rap songs of all time had a ghostwriters. So using that as some kind of knock on Drake specifically doesn't work for me.

Many of these artists had help. Quinton was in the studio with Nas on the last album and people lost their collective sh*t.

I think we gotta get past that.

That being said bring a REAL MC will forever be something special.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Most didn't know Easy didn't write at the time though. So that's why it doesn't matter if he was a real.gangster or not. It wasn't about that.

But we have fans saying he was an all time great RAPPER.

and listen you can like whoever you want, Easy was dope. But he wasn't no mc.

we gotta be careful with this ghostwriter stuff.

Personally? I don't care.

The hip hop super purist in me does but that's not the conversation we having.

The greatest rap songs of all time had a ghostwriters. So using that as some kind of knock on Drake specifically doesn't work for me.

Many of these artists had help. Quinton was in the studio with Nas on the last album and people lost their collective sh*t.

I think we gotta get past that.

That being said bring a REAL MC will forever be something special.
It was about that NWA was all about gangster , their entire image was west coast gangster rap and everybody knew Eazy was the crazy one based off interviews. He would pull guns on people and make them buy their albums.

There’s a difference between having some help and Drake taking the entire track and doing it over not adding shit but his barbershop clipper voice. The point is you can’t be considered a goat and have a bunch of people writing for you. You just can’t.

You also can’t be on tape making fun of the “street guys” at your school using slang and calling them ignorant . Or using Nigga with a hard ER. Or being a sheltered dork then turning into some street guy. It’s beyond goofy and cringe.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was about that NWA was all about gangster , their entire image was west coast gangster rap and everybody knew Eazy was the crazy one based off interviews. He would pull guns on people and make them buy their albums.

There’s a difference between having some help and Drake taking the entire track and doing it over not adding shit but his barbershop clipper voice. The point is you can’t be considered a goat and have a bunch of people writing for you. You just can’t.

You also can’t be on tape making fun of the “street guys” at your school using slang and calling them ignorant . Or using Nigga with a hard ER. Or being a sheltered dork then turning into some street guy. It’s beyond goofy and cringe.
And again I keep saying that over and over. We don’t know how good Drake is! He might be top notch but again it seems like his biggest and best records are from ghost. Hell his diss records are from ghosts. The goat Conversation been dead. Really what are we even talking about…

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Not saying this is the case, but sometimes, when an artist is trying to get more of a foothold in the biz, they'll give a more famous artist writing credit just to get a placement or more shine. For instance, if I'm a famous artist and you're trying to come up, and you present me with a song that I think is a banger, I might say something like, "Yo, if you give me 10% writing credit, I can get major spins for you by attaching my name to this."
This is true, but in Drake's case he has multiple big name artists giving him writing credit. I don't think there is any dispute in him knowing what to do for the billboard charts and hits.
Yep, Drake intended to that to The Weeknd but he had other plans.
Good point.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He was a real G tho
He didnt sing and rap to flowers in his garden

Straight off da skreetz

So? At the time EVERYONE claimed that gangsta. We chose to believe who we LIKED.

And like most things in hip hop it mattered till it didn't and then it mattered again till it didn't. Hypocrisy.

We had fake gangsters and real gangsters and everything in between.

Most didn't know Common real gangster. So was Puff so was Hammer.

The fans are fickle as f**k and never loyal.

Kanye don't write but it's okay Dre don't write but it's okay Lil Kim and Foxy don't write but it's okay.

NWA killed hip hop where is the positive rap? No one supports the positive rap when they get it

Retire old rappers let the young boys get a turn. These young boys suck! Then it's your too old to rap. Then it's rap 50th WHERE YALL BEEN!??

You know how many so called diehard rap fans HATED Kendrick before all this?

Just yesterday Cole was a pussy now he prophet! But one bad verse? He a sucker again.

all around the world it's the same song

I seen it all

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
So? At the time EVERYONE claimed that.

And like most things in hip hop it mattered till it didn't and then it mattered again till it didn't. Hypocrisy.

We had fake gangsters and real gangsters and everything in between.

The fans are fickle as f**k and never loyal.

Kanye don't write but it's okay Dre don't write but it's okay Lil Kim and Foxy don't write but it's okay.

NWA killed hip hop where is the positive rap? No one supports the positive rap when they get it

Retire old rappers let the young boys get a turn. These young boys suck! Then it's your too old to rap. Then it's rap 50th WHERE YALL BEEN!??

You know how many so called diehard rap fans HATED Kendrick before all this?

Just yesterday Cole was a pussy now he prophet! But one bad verse? He a sucker again.

all around the world it's the same song

I seen it all
Playa shot this commercial

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Playa shot this commercial

I didn't but a multi billionaire dollar conglomerate did.

And it also did commercials for a bunch of other rappers for over a decade.

This is business bro. We done sold our soul

They don't want to be us

They don't even like us

They want to profit off us

And wear our skin to the Gala and throw it away when the cops come.

It was just a battle...

That THEY profited from the most

But aint nobody gonna talk Revolution

Funny cause Kendrick been doing just that since day one and no one really hears that part

till it's convenient

and they all go stone deaf when ceases to be.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

They don't want to be us

They don't even like us

It was just a battle...

Funny cause Kendrick been doing just that since day one and no one really hears that part

till it's convenient

damn. i was more talking about it being about drake this super rapper
that bleeds music and he should be in top 5 all time lol

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
40 threatening people???
*insert 2pac/mobb deep quote*

Screen-Shot-2024-05-30-at-2-58-47-PM.png

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They don't want to be us

They don't even like us

It was just a battle...

till it's convenient

Waiting for kdot to drop new album…

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And he we go again with the ghost shit! I’m like Joe, don’t ever say shit about big 3 and best ever and goat etc..:kdot brought it to life more than what people wanted to see or acknowledge; and good for that…

No K didn't

that ghostwriting thing is old very old Meek tried to use it so did Push. Aint no MORE to it. It wasn't even hidden. It wasn't acknowledged because we all did already.

This debate isn't new none of these reference track stuff is new either. In fact they sound like lurkers cause I said all that a few days ago in here.

He big 3 TO THEM. And that's fine. And he is to me too. But he was NEVER any hip hop fan top 5 DOA. Neither was Kendtick or Cole for that matter. So what we doing?

Not to repeat myself but the biggest most important rap records of all time were both ghost written. Chuck D and Snoop had "help". Easy ain't write sh*t. And even Nas had Quentin in the studio.

this horse been dead why we still beating it?

Kubrick

Rising Star
OG Investor
No K didn't

that ghostwriting thing is old very old Meek tried to use it so did Push. Aint no MORE to it. It wasn't even hidden. It wasn't acknowledged because we all did already.

This debate isn't new none of these reference track stuff is new either. In fact they sound like lurkers cause I said all that a few days ago in here.

He big 3 TO THEM. And that's fine. And he is to me too. But he was NEVER any hip hop fan top 5 DOA. Neither was Kendtick or Cole for that matter. So what we doing?

Not to repeat myself but the biggest most important rap records of all time were both ghost written. Chuck D and Snoop had "help". Easy ain't write sh*t. And even Nas had Quentin in the studio.

You the only one in here making sense rn

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No K didn't

I don’t recall Chuck or Easy or Snoop calling themselves the goat. I don’t recall them putting themselves within that conversation either. They might have said they are good or great at what they do; but not goat. Drake consistently and constantly says that; and we got fans like @drtruth who repeat and or believe that shit. And yes it was known just not as exposed as what it is now. And again you tell me; how good is Drake? I don’t know . What it seems though is that his biggest and best records are ghosts; so am I battling A.I.?