Let's start a IT Come up thread strictly off youtube

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
i take my CyberArk Sentry CyberArk Privilege Cloud (CPC-SEN) next month.
my company covering the training and exam......
I may do the CyberArk Guardian after that.
What does that give you? I'm new to the game and trying to suck up as much info as possible

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've never heard of a Prompt Engineer :dunno:

Prompt Engineer Jobs
Remote Prompt Engineer
LaSalle Network
$140k-$160k - Work from Home :yes:

Prompt Engineer / Generative AI Engineer
FIAT USA
Auburn Hills, MI
$120 - $150K

Last edited:

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
5 minutes ??
Paying $250k to $330k per year

In just 5 minutes
Bitch what are you....??

Hit me up TANK !!

tank-teaches-jiu-jitsu-8.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does that give you? I'm new to the game and trying to suck up as much info as possible
I currently use CyberArk now for one of my jobs, creating safes, service accounts, and whatnot.
And we're at the point now to where we're about to migrate all of our user accounts from Onprem to CyberArk.
What that will do is help us to limit the amount of accounts we have, cuz right now we have damn near two or 3 times the number of accounts for every user in the company. With CyberArk, i can have just one account, instead of a regular account, an Admin account, and a domain admin account. And just apply rules and permissions to various platforms in which that one account can access.
I'll be helping to integrate CyberArk with AWS and other cloud web services, SIEM, databases, Ldap, etc. I will still be an IAM Security Engineer,...but with more focus in CyberArk Administration. Salary around the $160k-170k range.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My links above were explaining what PE is
This is a full course

My goal is to spend a block of time reviewing all of the below.
So at least I won't be ignorant to what each is
* AI
* Prompt Engineering
* ChatGPT

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Congrats to everyone earning certifications and degrees in this area. Never get complacent in the field. It’s always evolving. Once you get into a good IT job, look for ways to enhance your skillsets while you’re there.

My next task is taking me overseas :yes:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And Python
No programming experience required

I taught a Python-based course last year.

My students took to it well, but in the end they have to reinforce what they learned. I don’t mind spending hours looking at code daily. Some do.

My course was for the weather field even though we did some simple tasks with mathematics and data analysis.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My students took to it well, but in the end they have to reinforce what they learned. I don’t mind spending hours looking at code daily. Some do.

My course was for the weather field even though we did some simple tasks with mathematics and data analysis.
i wish one of my current jobs used python.
instead, we use JSON and APIs seeing that Okta is our bread and butter for integrating/automation.
eventho i have my Okta cert......i dont know or care to learn JSON at all. i'd rather learn python.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congrats to everyone earning certifications and degrees in this area. Never get complacent in the field. It’s always evolving. Once you get into a good IT job, look for ways to enhance your skillsets while you’re there.

My next task is taking me overseas :yes:
IT jobs pay shit overseas outside a select few UAE/Qatar roles.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

@Self Science, My Man!

Long time and always making moves as usual I see.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i wish one of my current jobs used python.
instead, we use JSON and APIs seeing that Okta is our bread and butter for integrating/automation.
eventho i have my Okta cert......i dont know or care to learn JSON at all. i'd rather learn python.

I actually have to do something with GeoJson and like you, I don’t care to learn it. I found some Python modules I can use instead, but it’s going to require to resign the system they are currently using.

Python is much more versatile now of days. I hate that’s it’s becoming an all in one language, but that’s what’s happening.

I have never used Okta before.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Family, glad you’re still around.

All is well. I’m trying to stay focused and put into fruition some of the things we’ve discussed in the past. So far, so good.

Man have the bug to get back into tech. Specifically, IT! Wish I never gave it up.

So much has changed meaning so much to learn and I’m already spread thin between a few disciplines.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man have the bug to get back into tech. Specifically, IT! Wish I never gave it up.

So much has changed meaning so much to learn and I’m already spread thin between a few disciplines.

I feel you, man. Machine Learning is my latest among some other stuff, and I’m starting to get maxed out on what I can learn in the field.

It’s always something new and innovative.

Yeah Okta is more of an IAM tool.....like Sailpoint, Siteminder, ForgeRock, Oracle Identity Manager, etc....
All of which I'm familiar with.

There is so much stuff out there now of days. Did you have to get familiar with those based on the job you was at?

I remember one company wanted me to learn some software, but I could do what they needed in Python. The problem was they pay for the software, so they have to use it. So because I had no experience they move on.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is so much stuff out there now of days. Did you have to get familiar with those based on the job you was at?

I remember one company wanted me to learn some software, but I could do what they needed in Python. The problem was they pay for the software, so they have to use it. So because I had no experience they move on.
Yeah each company I was with in the last 4 years used a different platform.
IBM used Oracle Identity Manager.....Raytheon used Siteminder,....Bank of The West used Sailpoint....others used Okta.
So I got hands on training with all of them when I was hired.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah each company I was with in the last 4 years used a different platform.
IBM used Oracle Identity Manager.....Raytheon used Siteminder,....Bank of The West used Sailpoint....others used Okta.
So I got hands on training with all of them when I was hired.

This is actually golden information for folks in this thread because certification training usually focuses on a particular thing.

However, in the real-world companies have contracts with certain software companies that’s used to deploy their systems.

It’s gets to a point where you have to demonstrate that you can learn as you go. But companies don’t like doing that with entry-levels, which is weird because how are they supposed to get hands on experience? These software license can cost thousands of dollars.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel you, man. Machine Learning is my latest among some other stuff, and I’m starting to get maxed out on what I can learn in the field.

It’s always something new and innovative.

Can’t go wrong with AI. It’s everywhere and it’s here to stay.

Extremely exciting and scary stuff at the same time.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is actually golden information for folks in this thread because certification training usually focuses on a particular thing.

However, in the real-world companies have contracts with certain software companies that’s used to deploy their systems.

It’s gets to a point where you have to demonstrate that you can learn as you go. But companies don’t like doing that with entry-levels, which is weird because how are they supposed to get hands on experience? These software license can cost thousands of dollars.
Yeah the one company that I'm perm with....I have been there since 2021. All the other jobs I've had along with that one have just been either 12 month or 18 month contracts.
But yeah those licenses cost like crazy. However with O365 and Adobe licenses....we can unassign those licenses and reassign them to someone else if that person happens to quit. Keeps from having to keep purchasing additional licenses.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
I'm really beginning to think I belong in a factory in Ohio or something, I just can't get this shit at all, I can't get a decent job to save my life.

Maybe I'm just a factory worker and call it a day. Tired and depressed man.... don't know what else to do.