Let's start a IT Come up thread strictly off youtube

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Yes actually.

Essential skills for ServiceNow developers​

As a type of software developer, ServiceNow developers will benefit from the following technical skills:
  • Ability to program in JavaScript
  • Knowledge of markup languages like HTML and XML
  • Familiarity with stylesheet languages like CSS
  • Web development tools and techniques like .NET and AJAX
  • Cloud computing expertise
Technical knowledge is not the only requirement for this career path. Non-technical skills for an aspiring ServiceNow developer to learn include:
  • Problem-solving
  • Project management
  • Collaboration
  • Communication

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Its rough out here for dudes.

Dang sorry to hear that...Hope dude and others can find something in there area of expertise....

I know HBCU Connect had a big event in DC about 2 weeks ago with a lot of companies looking to hire people...

totto

Rising Star
Registered
90% talk about shit that won't help, 10% talk of what's needed..

Most message-boards just glorified gossip to be honest, not much real information being passed just stupid you-tube and ticktock videos

Social media really fucked up people mentally

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
90% talk about shit that won't help, 10% talk of what's needed..

Most message-boards just glorified gossip to be honest, not much real information being passed just stupid you-tube and ticktock videos

Social media really fucked up people mentally
For someone brand new, which IT video would you recommend to watch first?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brand new?

Here you go:

The tech train has passed for folks coming in now, unless you plan on waiting 10 years until it might be worth it for new folks again.

Healthcare is top tier.....There are even tech roles in Healthcare IT...

I am glad you posted this....PA is a solid career field....I've worked with PA's and Nurse Practioner's for several years....Learned about the career back in high school when I met the first black PA in the state of SC....Dude was working with the Carolina Panther's on the weekends....

Great career and if you have a BS degree, there are some pre-req. you have to have, but it's only a 2 year program (year round) and the last year is mostly clinical work....

I always advocate to the youth because medical schools are giving out scholarships to minority kids interested in the filed because of the need for diversity and the demand for more MDs in the country....

A lot of schools all over the country are offering PA programs. You can even specialize if you want - cardiology, dermatology, and etc

Last edited:

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Healthcare is top tier.....There are even tech roles in Healthcare IT...

I am glad you posted this....PA is a solid career field....I've worked with PA's and Nurse Practioner's for several years....Learned about the career back in high school when I met the first black PA in the state of SC....Dude was working with the Carolina Panther's on the weekends....

Great career and if you have a BS degree, there are some pre-req. you have to have, but it's only a 2 year program (year round) and the last year is mostly clinical work....

I always advocate to the youth because medical schools are giving out scholarships to minority kids interested in the filed because of the need for diversity and the demand for more MDs in the country....

A lot of schools all over the country are offering PA programs. You can even specialize if you want - cardiology, dermatology, and etc
There is a huge need for PAs. So many down here in Georgia are coming out with ~100k starting while many CS grads even from my school(Georgia Tech) struggle to find jobs at all. Where you get money has always been a time game and knowing what the market wants. The market wants PAs right now, and the pay shows it.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I posted this thread this morning. Great gesture from Bloomberg giving back to his Alma mater and yes he will get a big tax break, but this was done really to get more low income kids to seriously think about going to medical school. Fortunately, PAs don’t have to go the 4 year route, but the demand is there in the field.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a huge need for PAs. So many down here in Georgia are coming out with ~100k starting while many CS grads even from my school(Georgia Tech) struggle to find jobs at all. Where you get money has always been a time game and knowing what the market wants. The market wants PAs right now, and the pay shows it.
Yup. The demand is crazy and it ain’t going nowhere.

Nonfiction

Star
BGOL Investor
With tech, you will have to create your own job not depend on finding a job. Tech have many lanes that are underserved and if you find your niche in those underserved lanes of tech, you will do well.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
Have you looked into healthcare?
I don't know man, I think I'm just slow since I spent many years doing loser stuff, maybe I need someone to hold my hand on this shit, I don't know.

I look into alot of things including healthcare.

Hard to wake up and change old habits, a degree can't change most of that.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know man, I think I'm just slow since I spent many years doing loser stuff, maybe I need someone to hold my hand on this shit, I don't know.

You're not slow.You just got caught up in a saturated field. Study the market, know whats needed, and adapt. We all will have to in the future, if we havent done it before.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
You're not slow.You just got caught up in a saturated field. Study the market, know whats needed, and adapt. We all will have to in the future, if we havent done it before.
Na i was on that street stuff for 20 years maybe more, i didn't take school seriously until I lost my hearing and it got real.

I'm not used to operating at this level of articulate, educated people at all. I'm used to the warehouse and labor stuff, not used to the office stuff. It gets deep, really deep

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone know how to get Epic training?
what u need?
i passed it on my second try

we finally switched over to Hyperdrive from Hyperspace on last week. still tryin to get adjusted to the new look.
but i got the pdf training course if you're interested.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard you need to be in a medical job to get it... How do I get it? How much does it cost?
well both of my jobs are in the health care industry...........one being a dental company.....so its one of the main tools we use.
my job paid for the course and the exam. it was like $1,000

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@totto
Is this in the medical field? Looks like OWASP and similar.
yeah its the medical field. just about all the hospitals and healthcare offices here in Dallas use Epic Hyperspace now

totto

Rising Star
Registered
@totto

yeah its the medical field. just about all the hospitals and healthcare offices here in Dallas use Epic Hyperspace now

I appreciate it but I never used epic before....

I got a bs from WGU and several certifications, I went to school for this and honestly if I can switch over into Healthcare IT I would do so quickly.

I'll read this in my spare time, I got a friend in dallas he's the owner of pristine auto if you heard of it...

best friend forever honestly.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I appreciate it but I never used epic before....

I got a bs from WGU and several certifications, I went to school for this and honestly if I can switch over into Healthcare IT I would do so quickly.

I'll read this in my spare time, I got a friend in dallas he's the owner of pristine auto if you heard of it...

best friend forever honestly.
the epic security exam is also an open book exam.
so i printed all that shit out and put it in a binder.......had the answers highlighted.
still took me almost 2 hours to complete it with a remote proctor

totto

Rising Star
Registered
the epic security exam is also an open book exam.
so i printed all that shit out and put it in a binder.......had the answers highlighted.
still took me almost 2 hours to complete it with a remote proctor
alright props gonna look into it and figure out what jobs and how to pay appreciate it.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member

We all need someone to guide us through new and different paths. That loser shit is in the past. You're here now and have put in the work to be better. AND YOU ARE. You're right, it's hard to change up entirely. And a degree doesn't change habits, you do - focus on doing daily activities to change your outlook while you study and interview. I promise tho, once you experience the greater benefits of the changes you made - negative thoughts subside.
Na i was on that street stuff for 20 years maybe more, i didn't take school seriously until I lost my hearing and it got real.

I'm not used to operating at this level of articulate, educated people at all. I'm used to the warehouse and labor stuff, not used to the office stuff. It gets deep, really deep
Forget how articulate and educated the people are... It may just be your lack of familiarity playing on emotions. Could be anxieties also. All of that is natural. They're just regular people. In all, just sharing that we all go through it similarly, this will pass. You'll be aight!