Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington Has Died by Suicide

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Reanimation is a sick album... give it a shot. My Dcmbr comes to mind right now. RiP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reanimation_(Linkin_Park_album)

Reanimation is the first remix album by American rock band Linkin Park as a follow-up to their first studio album, Hybrid Theory, and released on July 30, 2002. Recorded during the Hybrid Theory tour in 2001, it features remixes of songs from Hybrid Theory, including the album's bonus tracks. The remix album was produced by Mike Shinoda and mixed by Mark "Spike" Stent. The album to date is the third best selling remix album of all time, behind Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix by Michael Jackson and You Can Dance by Madonna.

Linkin_park_reanimation.jpg

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
r i p

these niggas be in some real pain - get rich and famous only to find it doesn't take away their pain
Nope, you just have more shit to be unhappy about. Therapy helps. Talking about your problems help.

I was in a lyft a few months back driving the boulevard and it took far too much energy to to not open the door and jump out.

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man, just shows $$$$ it doesn't always mean happiness and fulfillment, This guy has no reason to take his life in my eyes. You are the lead singer of one the best urban sounding rock groups, shit after that album with Jayz it was cool to listen to these guys. I am not the biggest LP fan but shit i am a fan, I own like two of their cds, I always check when they drop new music. You never know the pain someone is dealing with, people get down on themselves because of their situation maybe financially or family issues. I always said if i had everything I wanted financially , my life would be perfect I will be that perfect guy but fuck it doesn't happen that way. Rich people are taking their own lives, RIP to him. I always feel for the kids left behind, sad.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

0:00:57 . Fallout 0:01:58 . Talking To Myself 0:05:48 . Burn It Down 0:09:37 . The Catalyst 0:14:35 . War Outro Sample 0:14:43 . Wastelands 0:18:00 . One Step Closer 0:22:15 . Castle of Glass 0:25:55 . Good Goodbye 0:29:08 . Lost In The Echo 0:31:57 . Battle Symphony 0:35:35 . New Divide 0:40:12 . Invisible 0:43:51 . Waiting for the End 0:49:25 . Breaking the Habit 0:53:57 . One More Light 0:59:33 . Crawling (Piano version) 1:02:57 . Leave Out All the Rest 1:07:40 . From The Inside 1:10:48 . What I've Done 1:15:18 . In The End 1:19:14 . Numb/Encore 1:23:40 . Heavy 1:26:23 . Papercut 1:29:35 . Bleed It Out 1:33:50 . Faint

Last edited:

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So sad to hear this. Linkin Park's music got me through a lot of shitty events and was my motivation for other things. Breakups, gym work outs, frustrations in life, or just feel good music. They were one of my go to's during my teenage years and after when I want to relief frustration and get my mind off the bullshit that we face in life. Everyone saying negative things need to understand that yea to you, it seems illogical but while I don't condone suicide, you can't relate or understand what someone who had demons that they deal with daily goes through. Substance abuse, physical abuse, etc... Who knows what was weighing on him this morning that drove him to that outcome. We lost a great talent today, my prayers go out to his family and friends. You can say it's selfish of him or whatever and yea, that may be true, but let's be forreal, how often when you're in a state of real anger or sadness are you thinking about other people? Most of the time you really don't, all that matters is what you're feeling right now in that moment and for some people it's too much to bare.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm sorry but when you have six kids you no longer living for yourself. Get help,offing yourself is not an option. Btw a lot of black people on my IG timeline was rip to this dude. I didn't know Linkin park was that heavy...back to under my rock I guess
Back in early 2000's Linkin Park, Rage against the Machine, Limp Bizkit, and Korn were the only rock groups that most of us admitted to listen to because they blended Hip hop with Rock music.

I remember going to house parties and the entire room would get hype when limp Bizkit Rollin with DMX came out.

Turri

Support BGOL
Registered
Hopefully some people will reach out and get the right help and support if suffering from depression.

Depression, hopelessness, pain if left unchecked will prevail over the love of money,pussy and family.

RIP

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Celebrities React: Chester Bennington Dead, Linkin Park Singer Dies In Suicide
Truth rating: 10
Chester-Bennington-Dead.jpg

(Getty Images)

By Shari Weiss | 2:43 pm, July 20, 2017

Celebrities are reacting to the death of Chester Bennington. The 41-year-old Linkin Park singer was found dead on Thursday in an apparent suicide. See Twitter tributes and remembrances from stars below.

Bennington committed suicide by hanging in a home located in Los Angeles. He was found shortly before 9 a.m. local time. In years past, the rocker spoke candidly about struggling with drugs and alcohol, and confessed to having suicidal thoughts as the result of childhood sex abuse. He was a friend of Chris Cornell, who also committed suicide by hanging earlier this year, and attended his funeral in May. Bennington’s death comes on what would have been Cornell’s 53rd birthday.

As the lead singer for Linkin Park, he won two Grammy Awards. The first, in 2002, was for Best Hard Rock Performance for “Crawling,” a song off the band’s breakout album, Hybrid Theory. In 2006, the group’s work with Jay Z on “Numb/Encore” scored Best Rap/Sung Performance. Bennington earned a number of other honors with his band mates over the years. Their seventh and most recent album, One More Light, came out in May. Bennington was also a vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots in 2013 until 2015.

Band mate Mike Shinoda tweeted, “Shocked and heartbroken, but it’s true. An official statement will come out as soon as we have one.” Among the first to react to Bennington’s passing was Jimmy Kimmel, who tweeted, “Chester was one of the kindest men I’ve had on my show. My heart breaks for his family and friends. He will be missed terribly.” Ashley Greene wrote, “Saddened to learn about the passing of the talented Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. My heart breaks for his family and children.” And Imagine Dragons said, “no words. so heartbroken. RIP Chester Bennington.”

“RIP Chester. Tragic ending. Condolences his family and friends and Linkin Park,” posted Chance The Rapper. OneRepublic expressed, “Oh dear God. Massive R.I.P to Chester Bennington of @linkinpark this BREAKS OUR HEART. Suicide is the devil on earth walking amongst us.” Josh Groban shared, “Label mate and all around nice cool talented guy. We came up at the same time at @wbr. F*ck. RIP Chester.” Pete Wentz stated, “Mental health is no joke. We have to destigmatize the conversation around it.”

Ryan Seacrest said, “The news about Chester Bennington is devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and @linkinpark. Such a tragic loss.” Joel Madden wrote, “There are no words…” Dale Earnhardt Jr. told followers, “Crazy sad news about Chester Bennington.. #linkinpark #RIP If you or someone you know is struggling to cope, @800273TALK.” Rob Thomas announced, “song of the day: NUMB – LINKIN PARK.” Said Mark Ballas, “RIP Chester Bennington. Another great gone too soon. If you’re hurting, struggling or just need some 1 to talk to. Reach out.”

Pusha T wrote, “Chester it was truly a pleasure, thank you for sharing your greatness… #RIP #LinkinPark.” Tyson Ritter of The All-American Rejects said, “Saddened to hear of the passing of Chester from @linkinpark. Another gifted voice silenced to the spirit in the sky-forever alive in song.” American Authors stated, “Chester Bennington thank you for your music and incredible voice. Another legendary singer gone. Sending our hearts #rip #LinkinPark.” Tom Arnold said, “He was a good boy. Never meant RIP so much.”

“RIP Chester Bennington. This feels like a kick in the chest. My December has pulled me through many times. Depression is a real monster,” tweeted Gabourey Sidibe. Elvis Duran, who featured Bennington on his show earlier this year (see photo above), commented, “Seeming to be happy is never enough. RIP @ChesterBe.” Talib Kweli Greene remarked, “He is so brilliant. Showed myself and others an incredible amount of love. He will be missed.” Bella Thorne‏ told followers, “#rip #chester my heart and soul goes out to everyone affected by this loss.”

Nick Swardson posted, “Love goes out to @mikeshinoda and the Linkin Park family. What an awful nightmare. RIP in Chester. Thank you for your soul.” Tweeted Kendra Wilkinson, “Dude sucks to hear about @ChesterBe damn! RIP.” Juicy J said, “We lost another legend R.I.P. Chester Bennington of (linkin park) prayers up for the family so sad.” Dwayne Johnson tweeted, “So sorry to hear the news about Chester Bennington. Sending so much luv, strength & light to his family, kids & @linkinpark ohana.”

Nick Jonas offered, “This is heartbreaking. RIP Chester. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. Meanwhile, Nikki Sixx confessed, “I am in tears.” He added, “Chester just told me how happy he was… He was such a sweet and talented man… I feel so sad for his family, band mates and fans.” Chad Johnson simply said, “R.I.P Chester Bennington.” Constantine Maroulis exclaimed, “Just… NO!” Tess Holliday also revealed, “You guys have no idea how obsessed I was with Linkin Park as a teenager… I’m so sad to hear about @ChesterBe.” And Mark McGrath expressed, “My God, please say it isn’t so…”

Hours before the news of Bennington’s death broke, Linkin Park released a new music video for the song “One More Light.” The group has been on a break from the “One More Light Tour” since July 6, and was scheduled to resume with a North American leg on July 27. Dates were scheduled through November. The band also recently filmed an installment of “Carpool Karaoke” for Apple Music.

Bennington is survived by six children, as well as his second wife, Talinda Ann Bentley. Gossip Cop extends condolences to all family, friends and fans.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn R. I. P

They definitely were one of my favorite groups. Thanks to BGOL I have most of their music.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
RIP. man, i remember the 00's to me was rock's last big push in the mainstream with new bands. i was fucking with them, yeah yeahyeahs, stokes, system of a down , the killers, 1st bloc party album,real hot chilli peppers ' stadium arcadium album. they got me thru some dark times.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Truly goes to show that $$$ isn't everything.

There's more to life than simply chasing the white man's dollar.

Hope he found his peace.

RIP.

Had a student commit suicide a few weeks ago. I never saw it coming, but I did know he was going through things in life.

No one close to me has ever done such as thing, so that probably part of the reason I'm not sympathetic to suicide.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Rock has some fucked up dudes

Seems like a bunch of copycat shit. They see the admiration and love people get when they're gone.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

You leave your 6 kids behind and your family.....what type of demons are those to where you fee the only way out is death? Sad man.....RIP

People who have kids but still commit suicide have probably convinced themselves that the kids are better off without them. That's how real the depression is.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Had a student commit suicide a few weeks ago. I never saw it coming, but I did know he was going through things in life.

No one close to me has ever done such as thing, so that probably part of the reason I'm not sympathetic to suicide.
I can relate. I've never had someone close to me do it except for an ex girlfriend who was having issues with it, but she's still around and happier it seems.

But from what I've noticed, there's just some folks that mentally and emotionally can't handle all that comes with this world and just want it all to end.

Personally I value life way more than that but to each their own. Some folks are beyond worldly things

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thats why u gotta have a purpose bigger than money and fame, something that reaches and helps people , when u live that, i doubt suicide can come into play, cos of empathy for ur parents ,family, brothers,sisters etc will quench that hunger i believe, i know its a mental illness but still..

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Rock has some fucked up dudes

Seems like a bunch of copycat shit. They see the admiration and love people get when they're gone.

in this case it seems like there is def something to this...

how u got out the exact same way ur good friend did & on his bday ... planned...smh

makes it even more selfish on his part no matter what he was going thru ...

u sat down & planned to leave ur six kids behind... :smh:

think about it ... thats beyond crazy ...a week before...3 days before ...the day before ...the day of ..a hour before.....and then still go thru with it...:dunno:

Reactions: LSN

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Linkin Park is a dope band. Many days in the gym I'd bump the park.

What looks like everything, can be nothing but icing covering up a whole lot of angst.

Dope live! Incredible catalog.