Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington Has Died by Suicide

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-Bennington-final-home-rent-8-800-month.html

48836FF800000578-5305349-Upscale_neighborhood_The_five_bedroom_four_bathroom_house_is_loc-a-19_1516760716918.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Gotta Be Honest...
I was pretty surprised and shocking by this Linkin Park news a few days ago when it popped up on My Twitter Music Feed.
Especially after not hearing anything about the band in the last few years.
I do like the idea of going for a Female (Co)Lead Vocalist.
It's an exciting step. Though I don't know much about Armstrong.
But these days with America's MAGA Mentality, and personal news about her,
I don't think this will last.

But it's like that old 80s Music news/rumor after the first time David Lee Roth left/was fired from Van Halen.
Eddie seriously considered having a Female Vocalist.
And He was looking at Pat Benatar.
What could have been...

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Gotta Be Honest...
I was pretty surprised and shocking by this Linkin Park news a few days ago when it popped up on My Twitter Music Feed.
Especially after not hearing anything about the band in the last few years.
I do like the idea of going for a Female (Co)Lead Vocalist.
It's an exciting step. Though I don't know much about Armstrong.
But these days with America's MAGA Mentality, and personal news about her,
I don't think this will last.

But it's like that old 80s Music news/rumor after the first time David Lee Roth left/was fired from Van Halen.
Eddie seriously considered having a Female Vocalist.
And He was looking at Pat Benatar.
What could have been...
Hoping it works, first song is good and sounds like LP, really enjoyed the Livestream performance and Emily got comfortable halfway through and killed it.

As far as the controversy it's fucking stupid and luckily rock hands tours are like 25% American and 75% international, those other countries don't give a shit about any of these dumb ass American issues. They'll be fine, also I have faith since from the interviewa I've seen Mike says that hearing Emily sing Certain songs is what made him feel like they could be Linkin park again. Apparently this group has been working on stuff together since 2020

I'm excited.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
My favorite band of the late 90's to 2010's...
I remember the first time I saw one step closer on mtv and still remember listening to hybrid theory in my moms car with my cousin(had to listen on the Sneak since parents were hardcore Christians at the time lol) great memories, legendary band.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
This shit has me emotional yesterday, bring me way back. She definitely starts off a little shakey(understandable, chester has some big shoes to fill) but once in her groove I can see why she was chosen.

We're back.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
If that shit about the new Linkin Park singer is true.....damn, not a good look
Internet making a big deal out of bullshit as always.
Louis CK jerked off into homes and he's doing arenas and putting out movies
Jerry Seinfeld fucked a high school girl and no one cares.
Hell the parents from that 70s show wrote letters of support for Danny Masterson and backed him all throughout the trial and they're getting another season of that 90s show and nobody cares.

The list is extensive, the internet is full of weirdos and chesters son sounds like he's taking this opportunity to air out personal beers he has with Mike and his wife. Tickets are moving, of they're smart they'll leave it at the statement that Emily made and leave it at that, the only people that would even care are Americans anyway. They could tour latin America and Europe for the next few years and they definitely don't give a fuck.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I respect how you feel and I share the same kinda feelings too, but again, you never know what folks are dealing with.

I too believe if I have shitloads of money I should be a happy motherfucker, and it makes me wonder why these rich folks go this route.

I had a friend commit suicide not long ago. Things that came out after his death was shocking. Things he was masking by being the most happy, jovial person in the room. Things he never shared with us. So I have more sympathy these days when it comes it these issues.

Folks are dealing with a lot shit, and some are not strong enough to handle whatever it is.
Once the allure wears off its back to yesterday.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I had my "seems OFF" suspicions with Emily Armstrong as a replacement after seeing some recent live footage but maaaaan, this makes it a lot worse, IF true...

8839ea33f02b41bc97f1c5a282840452.jpg

Jaime didn’t hold back ... diving into Emily’s alleged ties to Scientology and her support for Danny Masterson. This all came to light following The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala's resurfaced messages Emily had attended a 2020 preliminary hearing in support of Masterson, which hit fans hard ... especially since Chester had openly discussed surviving sexual abuse.

Bixler-Zavala's wife, Chrissie Carnell-Bixler was one of several women who accused Masterson of sexual assault. Last year, Masterson was convicted of 2 counts of forcible rape and sentenced to 30 years to life.

Since the backlash, Emily addressed the situation without naming Masterson directly ... but did seem to reference him.

She mentioned she was asked to support someone she thought of as a friend during a hearing years ago ... but afterward, she realized she shouldn’t have been there. She added she always tries to see the good in people -- but misjudged this one.

Jaime highlighted the fan reaction to the new line-up bombshell announcement, saying they trusted Linkin Park to bring about change -- but instead the decision makes Mike Shinoda "senile and tone deaf."

Last edited:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

^^^

Like clockwork

they just don't listen to us H Funk

I had my "seems OFF" suspicions with Emily Armstrong as a replacement after seeing some recent live footage but maaaaan, this makes it a lot worse, IF true...

8839ea33f02b41bc97f1c5a282840452.jpg

Jaime didn’t hold back ... diving into Emily’s alleged ties to Scientology and her support for Danny Masterson. This all came to light following The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala's resurfaced messages Emily had attended a 2020 preliminary hearing in support of Masterson, which hit fans hard ... especially since Chester had openly discussed surviving sexual abuse.

Bixler-Zavala's wife, Chrissie Carnell-Bixler was one of several women who accused Masterson of sexual assault. Last year, Masterson was convicted of 2 counts of forcible rape and sentenced to 30 years to life.

Since the backlash, Emily addressed the situation without naming Masterson directly ... but did seem to reference him.

She mentioned she was asked to support someone she thought of as a friend during a hearing years ago ... but afterward, she realized she shouldn’t have been there. She added she always tries to see the good in people -- but misjudged this one.

Jaime highlighted the fan reaction to the new line-up bombshell announcement, saying they trusted Linkin Park to bring about change -- but instead the decision makes Mike Shinoda "senile and tone deaf."
This was bound to happen sooner or later..

Imagine if they had been asked to headline the Super Bowl halftime show instead of Kendrick Lamar

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

He needs to sit the fuck down. Mike have always gave Chester love and understands that nobody will never replace his dad. At some point,the group needs to move on. They haven't released an album in seven years. He acts like they released an album immediately after his dad died.....

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Chester Bennington’s SonSlams Linkin Park's New Singer& Says Co-founder 'Betrayed the Trust'​

9/9/2024 2:57 PM PT

jamie Bennington chester Bennington

Getty Composite

Linkin Park's drama rages on ... with Chester Bennington’s son, Jaime, calling out band co-founder Mike Shinoda for appointing Emily Armstrong as the group's new lead singer ... making it clear she's not Jaime's pick to replace his dad 7 years after his death.
Jaime criticized Mike for betraying fans’ trust by hiring Emily ... adding in a lengthy IG post Monday he had "quietly erased my father's life and legacy in real time … during international suicide prevention month." Chester died by suicide in 2017.

jamie Bennington chester Bennington

Emily Armstrong

Getty

Linkin Park Photos linkin park picsLaunch GalleryGetty