Lou Holtz says shut up and play

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
these parents.. :smh:

I do NOT want to hear sh*t in a few years IF (and I really hope NOTHING happens)

they find out all this had lasting effects on these kids

I don't want to hear "The university should have done more to protect my child", "The universities are greedy","My child has [Insert side of effect] from Covid-19" and etc from these greedy ass parents, especially the ones that has a kid in a big time program.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
@gene cisco

Wow...

So BECAUSE of covid testing they discovered this

BUT here is the issue

He got tested last year for the same thing same test last year and NOTHING

So apparently covid did SOMETHING to his heart for the test to catch it

Bit thankfully he will be fine

It was a birth defect. He only had one EKG which we know doesn't always detect shit like this because people have died from it before after EKG. Most people wouldn't even fucking know they had an underlying comorbility. In the official COVID thread, I been screaming that for months.

Now this is exactly why I locked down and still am. I never had a bad EKG and any need for further tests. So what happens if COVID fucks me? But now that I know that myocarditis comes from other shit, I'm going to be that more careful and know to request other shit for my children REGARDLESS of what the fucking doctor thinks the probability is.

Because fam, these doctors will play you with that 'not likely' shit. That 'come back if you feel worse' type shit. :smh: You have to be your own fucking advocate.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was a birth defect. He only had one EKG which we know doesn't always detect shit like this because people have died from it before after EKG. Most people wouldn't even fucking know they had an underlying comorbility. In the official COVID thread, I been screaming that for months.

Now this is exactly why I locked down and still am. I never had a bad EKG and any need for further tests. So what happens if COVID fucks me? But now that I know that myocarditis comes from other shit, I'm going to be that more careful and know to request other shit for my children REGARDLESS of what the fucking doctor thinks the probability is.

Because fam, these doctors will play you with that 'not likely' shit. That 'come back if you feel worse' type shit. :smh: You have to be your own fucking advocate.

The baby has an heart issue along with the blood disorder, full work up every year

Trust me i know not to f*ck with this.

That's why I'm surprised at THAT age a 4 star athlete with a KNOWN condition?

I am not an expert but i can call 2 of the best pediatric cardiologists in the east coast right now if need arrises. I bet good money they gonna say there is more here and in the end covid will rear its ugly head somehow someway

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lamar Jackson: I still can't taste or smell after Covid-19 diagnosis
  • Ravens quarterback led team to victory on return from illness
  • Receiver Dez Bryant ruled out with Covid-19 before kick-off

Lamar Jackson rushed for 94 yards on his return to the NFL. Photograph: Nick Wass/AP

Associated Press
Wed 9 Dec 2020 10.45 EST

Back in action after a 15-day Covid-19 layoff, Lamar Jackson directed a relentless rushing attack that the Baltimore Ravens hope will be the first big step in a run to the playoffs, but admitted he is still experiencing symptoms of the disease.
Jackson ran for 94 yards and a touchdown, and the Ravens returned from their Covid-19 outbreak to amass 294 yards rushing in a 34-17 rout of the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday night.

Playing for the first time since 22 November following a positive test for the potentially deadly virus, Jackson carried 13 times and threw for two scores. He was one of 23 Ravens to spend time on the reserve/Covid-19 list while four different strains of the virus swept through the organization.

Eagles drop struggling Carson Wentz for Hurts in middle of $128m contract
Read more

“I had a little flu-like symptoms. I still can’t really taste or smell, but I’m good now,” Jackson said. “That’s an effect that comes [with Covid-19]. I guess my sense of taste and smell are going to come back sooner than later, but I’m good now. I wouldn’t wish that on anybody, though. It’s not good to have.”
Advertisement

Although the Ravens still have a half-dozen players on the Covid-19 list, the team felt complete for the first time in weeks.
“It’s like when you go on a family vacation and one of your family members get sick and you can’t bring them,” rookie linebacker Patrick Queen said. “You’re down in the dumps.”
The game was played on Tuesday night because Baltimore’s previous game against Pittsburgh last Wednesday was pushed back three times while the Ravens had at least one player test positive for 10 consecutive days.
The game was supposed to feature Ravens receiver Dez Bryant going against his former team, but Bryant left during warmups and was scratched with what Baltimore termed “an illness.”
Bryant wrote on Twitter that he tested positive for Covid-19 and later posted: “Yea I’m going to go ahead and call it a quit for the rest of the season... I can’t deal with this.” He subsequently posted a series of tweets, including, “Yea I’m coming back... I’m being smart.”
If Jackson was rusty or stale after missing a game, it was tough to tell by his performance. “The one thing you do know about Lamar: You’re going to get everything he’s got,” Harbaugh said. “That’s all you can ask for.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I still can't believe they are playing. I think some states have enacted liability shields so employees/players can't sue. Players should have a choice with no consequence. Forcing them is barbaric man. :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Man listen. That shit is all over instagram in Cleveland. All the cats I used to see at the gym partying it up. Women. Partying it up. No masks or mask off and on.

Celebs just getting put out there for shit a lot of people doing.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor

Having your media whoring strippers all dressed in your football jersey for easier identifiation is especially zero-fucks-givenish. Haskins was fined in October when he got caught moving his sidepiece (not his "fiance") into the team hotel. How many times is he going to take "full accountability" after getting caught yet again?

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Haskins was fined in October when he got caught moving his sidepiece (not his "fiance") into the team hotel. How many times is he going to take "full accountability" after getting caught yet again?

yeah ...

I can't defend him...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
College Football Playoff sets makeup dates if COVID-19 forces postponements
play
Nick Saban sits down with Tom Rinaldi to discuss a season like no other ahead of Alabama's playoff matchup vs. Notre Dame. (2:44)
1:30 PM ET
  • Heather DinichESPN Senior Writer
Should a situation arise where any of the top four teams can't compete in the College Football Playoff because of COVID-19, the CFP has set January makeup dates for both semifinal games and the national championship, CFP executive director Bill Hancock told ESPN on Wednesday.
There has been no indication from the teams or the CFP that a change will be necessary, but if both semifinal games have to be postponed, the CFP has targeted Jan. 11 for The Rose Bowl Game presented by Capital One and Jan. 12 for the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The makeup date for the College Football Playoff National Championship presented by AT&T is Jan. 18 -- one week after its current date of Jan. 11 -- at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
EDITOR'S PICKS
If both teams from one semifinal are available, the game will be played as scheduled even if the other contest has to be postponed. If one semifinal is delayed, the plan is to reschedule it for Jan. 11.
No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Notre Dame are scheduled to play at 4 p.m. ET Friday in the Rose Bowl, followed by No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Ohio State at 8 p.m. ET in the Sugar Bowl.
"Everyone is planning to play the games as scheduled," Hancock said. "The teams, schools' staffs and bowl staffs have been working really hard to provide an opportunity for the players. COVID procedures are in place at hotels and stadiums. We have prepared thoroughly, and we are ready. But it always makes sense to be prepared, even for circumstances we don't believe will happen."
Hancock said the makeup dates were determined with the consideration that the Rose Bowl includes the highest seed, Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

If any games are rescheduled, the locations would stay the same, Hancock said. The Rose Bowl this year is at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and the Sugar Bowl remains at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
"Of course, we will keep an eye on things and adapt if we have to," Hancock said. "Bowl season has gotten off to an exciting start, and we're planning for that to continue."

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:eek: Damn. Browns can't get a break. Hope them cats don't spread that shit to the Buckeyes and ruin the championship game next week.

You would think that seeing teams/leagues with unlimited resources struggle to manage the virus would be a warning to people but it really isn't for some reason. Being on here and seeing the posts and also talking to family members in different parts of the country has really been eye opening in terms of how little people understand about things. :smh: This shit has killed 350K in less than a year and you have people just out there living life like normal. If your life isn't drastically different now versus pre-pandemic, you are really fucking up right now.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
@playahaitian

Today is the day I didn't think would come. National Championship game. :eek: COVID is ripping through the country at a record-pace, but they actually made it through a season and in the other league the Browns won a playoff game after being COVID'd.

Hopefully, we don't have to bump this thread in 3-4 years with long-term effects fucking over these players.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

Today is the day I didn't think would come. National Championship game. :eek: COVID is ripping through the country at a record-pace, but they actually made it through a season and in the other league the Browns won a playoff game after being COVID'd.

Hopefully, we don't have to bump this thread in 3-4 years with long-term effects fucking over these players.

100%
But what's happening in the nba right now in not encouraging

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cuomo Says Large NY Arenas, Venues Can Reopen Feb. 23 With Testing; Barclays to Host Fans That Day
"The truth is, we cannot stay closed until everyone is vaccinated. The economic, psychological, emotional cost would be incredible," the governor of New York says
By Jennifer Millman • Published 8 mins ago • Updated 5 seconds ago

arenas-open.png

BREAKING UPDATE: Declaring New York state's demonstration with the Buffalo Bills an "unparalleled success," Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday he will extend the rapid testing based program to any large stadium or arena.

That means fans who provide a negative PCR test within 72 hours of an event will be able to attend music shows and performances as well as baseball, soccer, football and basketball games. Arenas can open to the public Feb. 23. Barclays Center has been cleared to reopen on that day and has been granted approval to host fans for the Nets game against the Sacramento Kings, Cuomo said.

Certain rules and restrictions apply. There is a strict 10 percent capacity limit in arenas and stadiums with more than 10,000-person total capacity. Venues have to submit their plans to the State Department of Health for approval. Core mitigation efforts like mask-wearing, temperature checks and mandatory assigned seating to ensure social distancing will also be required.

"The testing to me is key. I can go see the president of the United States, take a test and if I pass the test, walk into the Oval Office," the governor said. "Why? If you're negative, you're negative. Testing is the key."

"This hits the balance of safe reopening," he added. "A PCR test is as safe as you can get.

Cuomo has said for months that rapid testing is the key to faster reopenings of entertainment, offices and more crowded areas before vaccination reaches critical mass. He has long said New York state and city can't stay shut down for the many months more it will take to reach that goal of herd immunity.
EARLIER: Gov. Andrew Cuomo is expanding on his plans Tuesday for a safe and smart reopening of New York before vaccination hits critical mass, which he says could be nearly another year out. The state -- and the vibrant city -- can't wait that long.

There may be a way to boost the struggling economy without waiting for that point, Cuomo says. Early evidence showed his first-in-the-nation testing pilot program with the Buffalo Bills over the weekend, in which 6,700 fans showed negative tests and agreed to contact tracing after attending the game socially distant but in person, appeared to be a success -- so much so that fans can attend the team's second playoff game Saturday in person under the same rules.
Could rapid testing be the answer? Could Broadway reopen this year? What about concerts at Madison Square Garden? The indoor vs. outdoor dilemma is a real one, Cuomo says, but rapid tests may be the key to a more immediate revival.

NY Expands Vaccination Rollout; NJ's Union County Vaccines Slots Left Opened

Monday was the first day that people over 75 and essential workers — including police officers, firefighters and teachers — were allowed to receive the vaccines in New York. NBC New York's Gaby Acevedo reports.

"With this new network of rapid testing locations, a customer can stop into a new rapid testing facility, get tested, and 15 minutes later be cleared for dinner or a movie," Cuomo's State of the State agenda read. (See more on his seven-point plan for rebuilding and reimaging New York here.)

In a follow-up State of the State Day 2 address Tuesday, Cuomo said he wants to work with the real estate community to open additional rapid testing sites so New Yorkers can take a test prior to whatever activity they plan to do.

Along with that come hopes of reopening office buildings; many commercial properties have already agreed to offer testing services to all tenants of their buildings on a regular basis, he said. Cuomo believes that will accelerate the return of the arts and culture scene across New York City and state.

To support that end, the state is launching New York Arts Revival, a private and public partnership to bring the arts back, the governor said. That group will organize pop-up performances and events throughout the state, beginning in early February. All of the events will be held outdoors to minimize risk of exposure.
"This groundbreaking initiative will help revive the arts while celebrating new York's resiliency and recovery from the COVID pandemic," Cuomo said.

He also announced the launch of a number of new initiatives, including one to put more than 1,000 artists back to work and fund community arts groups and another on future jobs as well as an overarching Commission on the Future of the New York Economy, led by NYU's Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
"The post-COVID economy is still taking shape. we know it will be different. we just don't know precisely how it will be different," Cuomo said.

"This commission will help draw a roadmap to find opportunities for New Yorkers to get back to work in jobs that pay well in industries that will grow rather than disappear in the coming decades," he added. "They will study the economic issues that the crisis brought to the surface and also the low-tide America issues: the inequalities and structural racism that COVID exposed."

Among other proposals, Cuomo called Tuesday to expand SUNY's online training center, converting hotels and office buildings underutilized amid the pandemic into affordable housing and sweeping reform as it relates to broadband access.

"I propose a first in the nation mandate that Internet service providers recognize their public responsibility and offer $15 per month high speed internet service to all low-income households," Cuomo said Tuesday.

To bridge the gap, he said the state would establish a fund to subsidize broadband for families that cannot afford the $15 monthly fee. Without universal broadband access, the governor said, "the public education system that was supposed to be the great equalizer, becomes the great divider."

Even as Cuomo looks to develop New York's plan forward in a safe, economically expeditious manner, he says all must bear in mind the painful lessons learned over the course of this current crisis.

As the governor said Monday, "As we all now realize, there will be a next time."

@gene cisco

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

Alabama basketball superfan Luke Ratliff, known as 'Fluffopotamus,' passes away at 23
Cecil Hurt
The Tuscaloosa News

596d80d4-92bb-4dbf-be63-e9b3dd8ac905-TUS_RatliffGC3456.JPG

Luke Ratliff, a University of Alabama student and the leader of the Crimson Chaos basketball campus support group, passed away Friday night after a brief illness.

He was 23.

His father, Bryan Ratliff, confirmed the death Friday night.

”He was my son and my best friend,” Bryan Ratliff said. “But he had an extended Alabama family that I never met and he loved them and they loved him.”

Ratliff was hospitalized recently at DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa. Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation confirmed to The Tuscaloosa News that he died of complications related to COVID-19.

Ratliff was in attendance at Alabama’s NCAA Tournament appearance in Indianapolis and returned to Tuscaloosa on Monday, March 29, after UA was eliminated by UCLA the night before.

The official UA athletics Twitter account posted a tribute to Ratliff on Friday night.

Ratliff was profiled in The Tuscaloosa News last month. A native of Wadesboro, North Carolina, Ratliff came to UA as a student and spent five years becoming the most visible fan at Crimson Tide basketball games, often wearing a trademark plaid blazer in the past season.

“When I came to campus my fandom exploded,” Ratliff told The Tuscaloosa News. “I’ve always had a deep appreciation for the history of Alabama basketball, and you couple that with being a student here at the university and something special happens.”

Alabama coach Nate Oats publicly thanked Ratliff on his Twitter account – referring to Ratliff by his Twitter handle, @fluffopotamus88 – and also mentioned him on his radio show.

“They’ve taken me in," Ratliff said in his interview with The Tuscaloosa News. "They’re good people and I appreciate how close they’ve let me get with the program. I feel like I owe them something. Because I feel like I don't deserve half the things, half the recognition, half the acknowledgement, half the accolades that I get because I'm just doing what I love.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@gene cisco

Jayson Tatum needs an inhaler before games due to long-term Covid symptoms
The Celtics forward needs an inhaler before every game so he can breathe properly.
By James Dator Apr 14, 2021, 10:01am EDT

Photo by Cameron Browne/NBAE via Getty Images
While many of us are in the process of being vaccinated, or organizing our immunization against Covid-19, some are still dealing with lingering effects of the virus. This includes Celtics forward Jayson Tatum.

Tatum told reporters after his game on Tuesday night that he’s still struggling with Covid symptoms, causing him to need an inhaler prior to taking the court. He scored 32 points in a gutsy win over the Blazers, but his medical situation goes to prove that Covid isn’t like the cold or flu where you’re out of the woods following a recovery.

Granted, considering the severity of the pandemic, and the vast number the virus has killed, using an inhaler is relatively minor. However, a 23-year-old in peak physical condition should give us all pause if you’re not already thinking about the long-term effect of contracting Covid, even if you’re in a low-risk group.

A Baylor School of Medicine study showed that as many as 10 percent of those who contracted the virus could become what are being called “long haulers.” These are people who have made it through the typical three week recovery, but still show signs of the virus.

“The acute illness when uncomplicated will normally last about two to three weeks,” Dr. Fidaa Shaib said in a Baylor School of Medicine blog. “Symptoms persisting beyond a month is where we are seeing more of a chronic or long-lasting effect.”

There are numerous long-term symptoms people who have contracted Covid are exhibiting, but those most concerning to athletes are a variety of cardio-pulmonary issues including:

• Persistent respiratory symptoms including chest pains and shortness of breath.
  • Cardiovascular symptoms like fatigue.
  • Symptoms affecting the brain, like lack of focus, memory loss, or anxiety.
Tatum initially tested positive for the virus back in January, and while he made a recovery, the player remains vocal about the long-term effect contracting the virus is having on his life. It raises questions about how sports leagues around the world could be damaged long term by players contracting Covid, even if they’ve seemingly fully recovered.