Marcia Fudge needs to run for Speaker of the House, time for Pelosi old cac ass to go!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Dems need to stop with the infighting.

Not a Pelosi fan, but they need to have one unified front and be more like Repubs in that regard.

Repubs are United. Fucking Dems are all splintered and shit.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I wasn't sold until she expounded on her bottom up leadership approach. Right on. Listen to the issues the committee says their constituents want them to do. Don't go at it on your own and expect everyone else to follow.:yes:

Who the fuck is talking about campaign finance reform. That was not even within the top 100 issues discussed on why people voted November 6. Nancy Peloci is out of her mind if she thinks that's the first thing they should focus on :smh:

All I can say to that is super PACs and Russian meddling.

Not only is campaign financing important, once Trump loses re-election (and he will!) There will probably be a constitutional amendment around it.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
OG Investor
Divide and conquer. Conquer and divide. This "Who me? What Republican talking points???" bullshit here is getting REAL old real fast. Why does the BGOL Cointelpro crew keep citing Marcia Fudge as "new blood" when she is 66 years old! And what does she bring to the table besides NOT being Pelosi? Three bullet points, please? Two? One?

Reality check: in a secret ballot vote Marcia Fudge could not get a majority of CBC votes much less the entire Democratic delegation. As pointed out here already, the CBC old guard has numerous guaranteed Chairmanships with Pelosi and they are not going to jeopardize shit without a real plan "B" in place. Case in point: with EVERYTHING going on, 78yo James Clyburn has made ONE tweet in over a week - to ask for his Majority Whip job back. :eek:
https://twitter.com/Clyburn

Marcia has no plan "B"in place, she is simply trying to raise her national profile because Pelosi won't retaliate and anger the old CBC guard. If you are going to come for the King(Queen) you need to be prepared to kill - and that's done by quietly building coalitions and amassing more of the ~230 votes, not showing your "hand" while cheesing on the talk show circuit.

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: Some no name "Sanders acolyte" Progressive maverick will run against Pelosi for Speaker and will get crushed - Pelosi will get 100+ votes towards. reelection. The Dems will let it be known this is Pelosi's last rodeo, and they will have two years to better supply a succession pipeline.

ForsakenOddCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Divide and conquer. Conquer and divide. This "Who me? What Republican talking points???" bullshit here is getting REAL old real fast. Why does the BGOL Cointelpro crew keep citing Marcia Fudge as "new blood" when she is 66 years old! And what does she bring to the table besides NOT being Pelosi? Three bullet points, please? Two? One?

Reality check: in a secret ballot vote Marcia Fudge could not get a majority of CBC votes much less the entire Democratic delegation. As pointed out here already, the CBC old guard has numerous guaranteed Chairmanships with Pelosi and they are not going to jeopardize shit without a real plan "B" in place. Case in point: with EVERYTHING going on, 78yo James Clyburn has made ONE tweet in over a week - to ask for his Majority Whip job back. :eek:

Marcia has no plan "B"in place, she is simply trying to raise her national profile because Pelosi won't retaliate and anger the old CBC guard. If you are going to come for the King(Queen) you need to be prepared to kill - and that's done by quietly building coalitions and amassing more of the ~230 votes, not showing your "hand" while cheesing on the talk show circuit.

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: Some no name "Sanders acolyte" Progressive maverick will run against Pelosi for Speaker and will get crushed - Pelosi will get 100+ votes towards. reelection. The Dems will let it be known this is Pelosi's last rodeo, and they will have two years to better supply a succession pipeline.

Thats fine...win, lose or draw.. The fight will force that bitch out in the open so when 2020 gets here...bye biyatch..

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You know what as much as I may not like it, I can't really disagree with anything you said. Pelosi ain't going nowhere at least not for the next 2 years. :smh:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I will say this, any Dem going hard at Pelosi then talking on some “work with Republicans” shit can take a seat.

I fully expect them to show this same level of disgust and vitriol at Republicans. Hell more.

Someone needs to give them directions to Kevin McCarthy’s office since they want to fight.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stop with the GOP talking points. Fuck what you heard, pelosi is the most effective fund raiser in the entire democratic party. She also knows how government works and know how to control her caucus.
Question, for the entire board.

Who is female, African descended, half her age to 15 years her junior, that is qualified to do what she does.

Outside of Maxine Waters, if one is old enough to consider any civil rights martyr a peer, you need to step down.

Your historical significance is not diminished, by becoming counsel to the new guard.

If you were born before 1964, you don't need to be in Congress, especially if you are white...you saw too much that warped your view into believing that overt oppression amd covert oppression are ok.

You can't lead, the natuon this country has become, with that mindset.

She...gotsta...go!

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
No bipartisan shit

Maybe not now, but as Trump's brand becomes increasingly toxic Republican legislators are going to have to move closer to the center to keep their jobs. At that point Democrats are going to have to collaborate with them in order to get any sort of effective legislation through.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah, Yeah .... cry all you want...we coming for that neck... slowly but surely..

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Maybe not now, but as Trump's brand becomes increasingly toxic Republican legislators are going to have to move closer to the center to keep their jobs. At that point Democrats are going to have to collaborate with them in order to get any sort of effective legislation through.
Really? So Republicans can get legislation through without democrats but Democrats must be Bipartisan to make anything happen?

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Shut up Canadian

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

that's not true
they've already made their bed they're trump's party
the gop votes with them after all of this shit so that wont happen
what needs to happen is to basically just disrupt everything and dont let them be shaken by the gop trying to peer pressure them into agreements

just say fuck you for the next 2 years straight

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m on the fence about this I want to give Pelosi two more years ....in 2020 I have a feeling she’s going to step down one way or another anyway. But at the end of the day they need to make this as civil as possible do not let this get ugly.
EXACTLY! Why let it become an issue... These new Dems better not get too outlandish or they may be viewed as Tea Party equivalents. There's a better way forward, so none of the ole skool Dems feel some type of way from moving on from Pelosi. Instead of uniting, these mofukas already trying to tear down from within.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
EXACTLY! Why let it become an issue... These new Dems better not get too outlandish or they may be viewed as Tea Party equivalents. There's a better way forward, so none of the ole skool Dems feel some type of way from moving on from Pelosi. Instead of uniting, these mofukas already trying to tear down from within.
For what I’m hearing she is safe for now she got majority of the black caucus to vote for her the only people bitchy right now is the centrist Democrats

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Fuck what you heard, pelosi is the most effective fund raiser in the entire democratic party.
cde6abc828f44a4ebb047f0f2fed289a-cde6abc828f44a4ebb047f0f2fed289a-0.jpg

This is also a reason why I strongly support term limits in Congress...

My two years working in the Tennessee House of Representatives showed me that politics is the most corrupt game in town..

Even those with good intentions will eventually get corrupted..... I don’t care who you are.

If you haven’t done shit in the 10 years.. you have been in office.. it ain’t going to happen.
:yes:
Not only is campaign financing important, once Trump loses re-election (and he will!) There will probably be a constitutional amendment around it.
:lol:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fuck Pelosi. The democrats need TO GO HARD. This centrist , work together bullshit won't work with this crop of Republicans. The Republicans put a lying ass rapist on the Supreme Court. They don't give a fuck about bipartisanship.

If she get the post, all these house gains go bye bye, and fuck the CBC, they can't even ride for a better Black female? WTF is that bullshit.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Fuck Pelosi. The democrats need TO GO HARD. This centrist , work together bullshit won't work with this crop of Republicans. The Republicans put a lying ass rapist on the Supreme Court. They don't give a fuck about bipartisanship.
I feel you....however going hard can/will bite Dems in 2020.

They are playing centrist for the independent voter.

Those independents went to Chump in 2016 and leaned towards Dems in 2018.

If Dems go too hard left that will push independents right.

It sucks but it is what it is...

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
For what I’m hearing she is safe for now she got majority of the black caucus to vote for her the only people bitchy right now is the centrist Democrats
Leftists fool.. boy ..you a got damn piece of work..smdh

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

So who do you think all the newly elected house members are?

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

Yep the Democrats Have to pull the independent slowly to left you can’t just throw them over there.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
So who do you think all the newly elected house members are?

A lot of them came from districts that voted Republican just 2 years ago. Trust me they are not far left people. Ocasio Cortez would get trounced in those districts. You will not win them with far left candidates

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A lot of them came from districts that voted Republican just 2 years ago. Trust me they are not far left people. Ocasio Cortez would get trounced in those districts. You will not win them with far left candidates
Well... we'll see..

twillz1

The Voice of Reason
BGOL Investor
All this anti-Pelosi sentiment started with Republicans and foolishly parroted by way too many Democrats. I understand why Republicans hate her, mainly because she got right in their ass many times and was effective at it, but why Democrats? On the whole I wish somebody who does not lean Republican would tell me exactly why she shouldn't be Speaker. Name anybody other than Pelosi who could have shepherded Obamacare through the Congress and gotten it passed despite no republicans votes and and opposition from fake Democrats.

One thing is for sure, nobody counts and corrals votes better than Pelosi and she probably will be Speaker. If Marcia Fudge officially runs against her and loses, and she will, she'll find herself assigned the smallest office on Capitol Hill and assigned to the most inconsequential subcommittee available. Not saying Fudge isn't qualified but would she be more effective than Pelosi. Gotta leave race out of this one. :hmm:
This post should be required reading for the Nancy Naysayers.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
The progressive wing of the party thinks it’s about being right.

It’s not.

It’s about counting votes.

Want medicare for all? Go get 220 votes.
Want free college? Go find 220 votes.

That’s not even including the 60 votes you need in the Senate.

I have no problem with electing new leadership, but if you think Nancy Pelosi is the one keeping this progressive agenda from being put into action, you have a lot to learn.

Get in and find the votes.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Stop! Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Pelosi fan however before ousting someone with Pelosi's experience you better make sure her replacement has equal abilities, can grab the ears and respect of her colleagues and that of those on the other side.

Pelosi may not be well liked but she's a major money maker for the democrats. I bet you republicans would like to see her outed. Not to mention Mitch McConnell would love to see her gone.

Right now the Dems are holding a strong advantage. How they proceed and perform over the next 2 years is vital to ensuring there's no reversal of the past election results and to remove Trump.

The bigger question is can Marcia a black woman gain the respect of the democrats at that level? Can Marcia lead, Pelosi is respected and she pulls in major dollars. Marcia's biggest task IMO is not Pelosi. Can leap past Chuck Schumer, I doubt it.

Its funny how everyone wants to dog Pelosi but the realest problem in congress is Mitch McConnell. He's a professional obstructionist. I do question why no one ever challenges McConnell.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of you cats talking that go slow shit for the independents are just wrong..

Beto O"Rourke is progressive and damns near flipped Texas and there were wins in Texas by progressives.

Independents don't want ambiguous they want issues and identity.

Why should the independents vote for Democrats if you can't tell they are democrats?

Let's not forget that the centrists' Democrats didn't support Gillum or Abrams from the start, and didn't get on the bandwagon until they became a thing.

2016 was the year of the centrists just as 2010 and 2014 were and the non identoty democratic centrists got hammered.

play scared and go home........run with the big dogs or stay on the porch.

be about something.

No identity no issue centrist Democrats lost congress.

It’s not.

I have no problem with electing new leadership, but if you think Nancy Pelosi is the one keeping this progressive agenda from being put into action, you have a lot to learn.

You don't need 60 votes for most shit anymore....GOP did away that shit soon as they walked in the door ..

You think they had 60 votes for those tax plans?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stop! Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Pelosi fan however before ousting someone with Pelosi's experience you better make sure her replacement has equal abilities, can grab the ears and respect of her colleagues and that of those on the other side.

Pelosi may not be well liked but she's a major money maker for the democrats. I bet you republicans would like to see her outed. Not to mention Mitch McConnell would love to see her gone.

Right now the Dems are holding a strong advantage. How they proceed and perform over the next 2 years is vital to ensuring there's no reversal of the past election results and to remove Trump.

The bigger question is can Marcia a black woman gain the respect of the democrats at that level? Can Marcia lead, Pelosi is respected and she pulls in major dollars. Marcia's biggest task IMO is not Pelosi. Can leap past Chuck Schumer, I doubt it.

Its funny how everyone wants to dog Pelosi but the realest problem in congress is Mitch McConnell. He's a professional obstructionist. I do question why no one ever challenges McConnell.

I'm confused...Why are you talking about the Senate and we talking about House Speaker?

Mitch McConnel don't give a fuck about the House and it is Schumer who acts like a bitch as Senate leader fro the Dems because all he cares about is Israel.

Pelosi ain't respected and if she was they would not be trying to challenge her .

Some fear her though because she controls the money for Democrats in the house. She controls the committees and she controls the agendas on what bills go forward and what die

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It’s not.

Get votes on legislation that the chairman won't bring to the floor?..exactly how does that work?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
You don't need 60 votes for most shit anymore....GOP did away that shit soon as they walked in the door ..

You think they had 60 votes for those tax plans?

The GOP only got rid of the filibuster for supreme court nominations. It’s still in effect for regular legislation. They used reconciliation to avoid the filibuster, but there are limits to reconciliation.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/14/16634200/republican-tax-reform-byrd-rule

As Vox’s Dylan Scott explained, any bill being passed under reconciliation has to comply with every section of the six-part Byrd Rule. “If it fails any one of those tests, it must be stripped out”:

1. The provision must change federal spending or revenue.

2. If the bill does not meet the budget resolution’s instructions to reduce the federal deficit, any provision that results in either increased spending or decreased revenue is removed until it does meet those targets.

3. The provision must only affect policies that fall under the jurisdiction of the specific committees that were instructed in the budget resolution.

4, The provision’s effect on spending or revenues must be more than incidental to its policy impact.

5. The provision cannot increase the federal deficit at some point in the future, beyond the typical 10-year “budget window” that is used to evaluate legislation.

6. The provision cannot change Social Security

See that number 5?

That’s the problem for any of these measures. That’s why the tax cuts for regular citizens expire before ten years. And you can only use reconciliation 3 times a year.

So you can get things passed like the ACA, but the ACA was scored as lowering the deficit. Medicare for all or free college won’t meet rule 5. So you’ll need 60 votes.