Moon Knight | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Did any of y'all catch the QR code on the last episode? On the storage lockers? It takes you to Marvel’s moon knight homepage and let’s you read a free comic. Kind of neat they planted it in the episode.

My oldest wanted me to scan it I said stop bugging damn I'm old

I'm never gonna hear the end of this one
I like that it’s setting things up. I just hate that the Steven character is holding them back. We get it! Him deliberately fucking up everything because he wants his life back is annoying to a degree. Lmao! But, I like the show so far. Ready to see how this plays out though, and will we see the other personality?

I been withholding a full criticism until 3 episodes in

But you 100%

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i enjoyed the first 2 episodes. it's devoid of wokeness -other than Khonsu wanting to make layla the new moon knight

but hopefully he just said that to keep marc's head in the game

That seems to be all psychological with Khonsu wanting to make Layla his next avatar. Just the way he keeps throwing it in his face, on some; You know I wouldn't be having these problems if I was using another as my avatar...oh I don't know maybe someone YOU know!!!

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Really?

You realize the very first thing you referenced is from 1986.

Pre Disney and pre Feige pre MCU

Most of these dudes were like 1 year old
That does not matter. Why do new Marvel fans act as though Marvel didn't exist before the MCU or Kevin Feige??

Marvel has been around since 1939. Yall can erase all that history just because yall didn't like the content at that time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That does not matter. Why do new Marvel fans act as though Marvel didn't exist before the MCU or Kevin Feige??

Marvel has been around since 1939. Yall can erase all that history just because yall didn't like the content at that time.

You answered your own question

They are new.

It's like asking why kids who like Nicki don't know who mc lyte and Latifah are.

And stop with the yall...

My fandom is well documented.

You talking about THEM.

What is this angry get off my lawn old man stuff you doing?

Let these kids like what they like.

Why you placing pre-requisites, rules and requirements on fandom?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But that is like comparing the Model T to a Taurus. The tech between them are night and day. Directors/writers ability were not the same. That movie was more of a comedy aimed at kids. For the time it came out it was a decent movie from an 8 year old perspective.

I don't think nobody wants to claim it but it is a progression of where you came to where you are now.

The Iron Fist shyt, I have already been dragged for that shyt and I don't want to go down that path again!

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This guy here :smh: I think you just like to say shit because there’s nothing to talk about in DC threads:giggle:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
You answered your own question

They are new.

It's like asking why kids who like Nicki don't know who mc lyte and Latifah are.

And stop with the yall...

My fandom is well documented.

You talking about THEM.

What is this angry get off my lawn old man stuff you doing?

Let these kids like what they like.

Why you placing pre-requisites, rules and requirements on fandom?
lol!! I can absolutely admit I am the old man yelling get off of my lawn. lol!!

That's because I really like comics in general.

I think the difference regarding the Nicki and Lyte comparison is simple. A person wouldn't say, I like rap, but everything before Nikki doesn't count. Or, I like rap only if it is produced by Dr. Dre.

Marvel Studios has been in existence for only 13 years!!!!!!!! Think about that. This is why I get so frustrated. There is so much good Marvel content out there that existed before Disney bought marvel in 2009.

But that is like comparing the Model T to a Taurus. The tech between them are night and day. Directors/writers ability were not the same. That movie was more of a comedy aimed at kids. For the time it came out it was a decent movie from an 8 year old perspective.

I don't think nobody wants to claim it but it is a progression of where you came to where you are now.

The Iron Fist shyt, I have already been dragged for that shyt and I don't want to go down that path again!
But the difference is, noone who loved the Taurus would say, "I like Ford, But ahh, the Model T doesn't count because it was made at a diffrent manufacutring plant." That sounds ridiculous. Again, Marvel Studios has only been around for 13 years. But, they have been involved with making movies and Tv way before then.

So, if a person says, " I am a Marvel Studios fan", that is a different arguement.

This guy here :smh: I think you just like to say shit because there’s nothing to talk about in DC threads:giggle:
Actually, there is plenty to talk about inthe DC threads as well. Such as you being the only person in the world who thinks The Batman and The Joker movies are trash. lol!!

:roflmao3:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol!! I can absolutely admit I am the old man yelling get off of my lawn. lol!!

That's because I really like comics in general.

I think the difference regarding the Nicki and Lyte comparison is simple. A person wouldn't say, I like rap, but everything before Nikki doesn't count. Or, I like rap only if it is produced by Dr. Dre.

Marvel Studios has been in existence for only 13 years!!!!!!!! Think about that. This is why I get so frustrated. There is so much good Marvel content out there that existed before Disney bought marvel in 2009.

But the difference is, noone who loved the Taurus would say, "I like Ford, But ahh, the Model T doesn't count because it was made at a diffrent manufacutring plant." That sounds ridiculous. Again, Marvel Studios has only been around for 13 years. But, they have been involved with making movies and Tv way before then.

So, if a person says, " I am a Marvel Studios fan", that is a different arguement.

Actually, there is plenty to talk about inthe DC threads as well. Such as you being the only person in the world who thinks The Batman and The Joker movies are trash. lol!!

:roflmao3:
Actually u need to reread what I posted. I think the Batman movies are the only movies DC has that aren’t trash :giggle: joker was solid also. So yeah get back in those DC threads and let me know when Batman crosses a billy:giggle:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
This was a great episode. I still hate Steven though. lol.

But finally got to what the real stakes are.

I still feel like we didn't need two whole episodes of backstory.

But yeah, loved this week's show.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean Steven is gonna have to come out again at some point...I mean the writing isn't THAT good! I said the show is really good, not impeccable! I can't be the only one that can see a shootout happening and Marc gets knocked out and Steven takes control and has to bungle his way out to save him, Layla and the world right?

The 2nd episode ends with what you're asking for
Steven locked away not getting the ability to take over and Marc in Egypt ready to take on the bad guys

I mean I don't want to say I called this...but I TOTALLY called this!!! Spears instead of bullets

So I like what they did here if you remember Thor and them were gods, but it was just "aliens" from another realm. Same with them which maybe lends themselves to the Shang-Chi storyline, if you remember the end credits?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

How Moon Knight pays tribute to the late Gaspard Ulliel

May Calamaway calls her costar's death "the true definition of a tragedy."

By Devan CogganApril 13, 2022 at 05:23 PM EDT

Moon Knight (TV Series)

Warning: This article contains spoilers for Moon Knight episode 3.

Moon Knight packs a lot into its third episode, from star-shifting magic to godly get-togethers. But one of the episode's most moving moments is the introduction of Anton Mogart, played by the late Gaspard Ulliel.
The French actor died in January after a tragic ski accident, and he makes his posthumous Moon Knight debut as Mogart, a wealthy and dangerous collector of ancient artifacts. The episode follows Marc Spector (Oscar Isaac) and Layla El-Faouly (May Calamawy) as they journey to meet Mongart and investigate a mysterious sarcophagus in his possession, only to end up trading banter and, eventually, blows with one another.

In the pages of Marvel Comics, Anton Mogart is an elite art thief who goes by the name Midnight Man, and although the series reimagines the character, Ulliel imbues him with a roguish charisma, making a grand entrance and arriving shirtless on horseback. Marvel also dedicated the episode to Ulliel, paying tribute to the actor with a title card during the end credits.
Gaspard Ulliel in 'Moon Knight'

Calamawy previously opened up about her memories of working with Ulliel, calling the actor's death "such a shock."

"It's the true definition of a tragedy when I think of Gaspard," Calamawy told EW. "He was so friendly and warm. We had a week together where we filmed this one scene, and he had a really quiet demeanor to him. But when you'd talk to him, he was really funny, and he was really committed to every moment that he was in. It was fun to work off of him because he gave so much."
She added, "He spoke about his family a lot, especially his son. So my love goes out to them."
Born in 1984, Ulliel was one of France's most acclaimed actors, starring in films like Saint Laurent, A Very Long Engagement, It's Only the End of the World, and the 2007 Silence of the Lambs prequel Hannibal Rising. He died at 37, after suffering injuries while skiing in the Savoie region and colliding with another skier.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit is cool and all but it doesn't really make me give a fuck
Marvel is starting to lose me
Marvel was so dope because they took something lesser known like guardians of the galaxy and put so much care into it that they made it top tier.
Moon knight would have really been dope if given that same treatment instead of a show.
He's a lower tier character and they're treating him like it.
The show is probably one of their better shows but it's still not on the level I hold the mcu at.
The last couple movies were just decent too except for Spiderman.
I'm someone who bought all the blurays and then rebought them all on 4k when those dropped.
Maybe I'm tripping idk

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Marvel was so dope because they took something lesser known like guardians of the galaxy and put so much care into it that they made it top tier.
Moon knight would have really been dope if given that same treatment instead of a show.
The show is probably one of their better shows but it's still not on the level I hold the mcu at.
I'm someone who bought all the blurays and then rebought them all on 4k when those dropped.
Maybe I'm tripping idk
yep you trippn; concentrate on the heat fam...

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Maybe I'm tripping idk
I like it because it's self contained and I'm not familiar with this character and it's darker compared to the rest of the MCU too bad it's disney so it won't get dark as it really should be. As for your guardians comparison it's a show instead ofa movie so it's scaled down a bit. Guardians deals with cosmic charactersand space sci Fi so there's aot of spectical etc. Moon knight is about a mercenary with multiple personalities that's possessed by a.ancient Egyptian god so it's dealing with mysticism. I think the show is pretty good for what it is.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They have removed any connection to Black Africa in this series. They threw in a Black female i nthe background as one of the avatars :smh: This shit is wack, and the flipping of characters is pretty rough.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
So far its meh, liking Ethan Hawke's character though. Biggest disappointment is Moon Knight's costume, it just does not look cool at all IMO. Oscar Isaac looks the little guy at the Halloween party trying get attention.:dunno:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
episode 4.....

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Man this is some complete bullshit.

They have two episodes to tell us what the fuck is going on, what needs to be done and do it.

They been wasting our time with all this Steven bullshit.

They clearly don't want to make Super Hero shows anymore and are trying to be artistes...

That's why they gave us the first 4 episodes of Wanda Vision that didn't even need to happen.

Now this.

Man I might not even watch the last two episodes.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
So far its meh, liking Ethan Hawke's character though. Biggest disappointment is Moon Knight's costume, it just does not look cool at all IMO. Oscar Isaac looks the little guy at the Halloween party trying get attention.:dunno:

How could you tell anything about Moon Knight's costume? He hasn't even been in this shit.

This show is about many things. Moon Knight is not one of them.

4 hours of show called Moon Knight, MAYBE 10 minutes of screen time for title character.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
How could you tell anything about Moon Knight's costume? He hasn't even been in this shit.

4 hours of show called Moon Knight, MAYBE 10 minutes of screen time for title character.
Reeann Johnson effect

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
episode 4.....

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Man this is some complete bullshit.

They have two episodes to tell us what the fuck is going on, what needs to be done and do it.

They been wasting our time with all this Steven bullshit.

They clearly don't want to make Super Hero shows anymore and are trying to be artistes...

That's why they gave us the first 4 episodes of Wanda Vision that didn't even need to happen.

Now this.

Man I might not even watch the last two episodes.
So I'm not crazy

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Earlier in this thread, somebody said critics were saying this doesn't pick up until episode 4...always gotta be careful listening to critics...all I can say is episode 5 has a lot of work to do to salvage this

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member

yeah its like they used the moon knight character to recreate fight club infused with shutter island.