Moon Knight | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I watched the first 2 episodes last night.

I will say it is totally different from anything Marvel has put out over the past 20 years.

Im not familiar with the Moon Knight character, but this series has me interested.

This is mainly a series for people who like using their brain watching a show. It is not a series you put under “Mindless Entertainment”.

I will say if you are a person who suffers from TV ADHD ( You need complete character/story development and explanation, full action within the first 15 minutes of the first episode) this series is not for you.

Looking forward to the surprise cameo and how this character will fit in with the rest of the MCU.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
The good things ng about this episode is that it revealed marcs child hood trauma and the moon knight origin. Slightly disappointed that it was another episode without moon knight but all the after life stuff was okay. Also cool that they revealed how the Steven grant personlity manifested. The next episode they have to go all -in with moon knight.

on a side note I like that scene when Marc became moon knight especially the shot with the moon knight pose with khonshu standing over his shoulder. It looked like a live action for comic book cover. It would make a good wall paper.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
The good things ng about this episode is that it revealed marcs child hood trauma and the moon knight origin. Slightly disappointed that it was another episode without moon knight but all the after life stuff was okay. Also cool that they revealed how the Steven grant personlity manifested. The next episode they have to go all -in with moon knight.

on a side note I like that scene when Marc became moon knight especially the shot with the moon knight pose with khonshu standing over his shoulder. It looked like a live action for comic book cover. It would make a good wall paper.

My only problem is they spent 3 episodes building up Harrow/Ammit and how the world is in peril, then spent 2 episodes basically ignoring all of it. And now they have to do all the actual work of the series in one episode.

PLUS

They have to spend at least part of the final episode explaining what happened in episode 5.

I'm resigning myself to either this was all a dream or they'll give a very rushed wrap up since it's obvious the directors/writers aren't all that interested in anything outside the mental issues of the character.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My only problem is they spent 3 episodes building up Harrow/Ammit and how the world is in peril, then spent 2 episodes basically ignoring all of it. And now they have to do all the actual work of the series in one episode.

PLUS

They have to spend at least part of the final episode explaining what happened in episode 5.

I'm resigning myself to either this was all a dream or they'll give a very rushed wrap up since it's obvious the directors/writers aren't all that interested in anything outside the mental issues of the character.

Love the show.....but totally agree with the bolded....I'm HOPING episode 6 wraps this all up in a nice bow.....but I know they wont. WE STILL NEED A REAL CONNECTION to the wider MCU, if they dont want people forgetting about this show

Maybe we get a Blade or Dane Whitman cameo...or something. Maybe the Werewolf

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Love the show.....but totally agree with the bolded....I'm HOPING episode 6 wraps this all up in a nice bow.....but I know they wont. WE STILL NEED A REAL CONNECTION to the wider MCU, if they dont want people forgetting about this show

I really hate these week to week releases. Just drop the whole season

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
Gottacosign
Everything about this show is fucking awesome.

Especially the ending from episode 4.

I know yall want a nonstop testosterone power trip.

But this aint that.

It IS damn entertaining.
Gotta co sign this

Seems like dudes are looking for a regular superheroes story where you get a conventional premise of a guy dressing up and fighting

None of any of those not liking this show seem to be fans of either moonknight at all because this story thats on the show has been around for almost 5 to 10 years ....and its what has made Moonknight more popular ( his being crazy and whether shit is real or just in his head ) - there are literally millions of Moonknight fans that have been fiending for this story to be translated into screen

If you liked Fight Club I dont see how you can have a problem with this show

But then again some people just don't like shit to be deep at all - they just want shit explained or really shallow so that they don't have to think much ....

This ain't that so if you don't like it now you gonna like it less as it goes on ...bail out now

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Gottacosign
Gotta co sign this

Seems like dudes are looking for a regular superheroes story where you get a conventional premise of a guy dressing up and fighting

None of any of those not liking this show seem to be fans of either moonknight at all because this story thats on the show has been around for almost 5 to 10 years ....and its what has made Moonknight more popular ( his being crazy and whether shit is real or just in his head ) - there are literally millions of Moonknight fans that have been fiending for this story to be translated into screen

But then again some people just don't like shit to be deep at all - they just want shit explained or really shallow so that they don't have to think much ....

This ain't that so if you don't like it now you gonna like it less as it goes on ...bail out now
One more to go, so I'll finish it out.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I plan on catching up with all the episodes by end of the week.

One thing I noticed thru-out this thread is how nobody is connecting this series to what is going on with the Dr. Strange storyline. The series most likely is tying into the upcoming movie in some way which debuts next week.

Moon Knight might also be tying into the Kang the Conqueror storyline also in some way. Along with other storylines that have not been introduced yet into the MCU.

We have to wait and see.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

One thing I noticed thru-out this thread is how nobody is connecting this series to what is going on with the Dr. Strange storyline. The series most likely is tying into the upcoming movie in some way which debuts next week.

Moon Knight might also be tying into the Kang the Conqueror storyline also in some way. Along with other storylines that have not been introduced yet into the MCU.

We have to wait and see.

I thought at some point we would see Rama Tut/Apocalypse or at least a reference to Kang. Theres still time

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Gottacosign
Gotta co sign this

If we're going to start casting artistic aspersions, this show isn't even deep. It's deep for a superhero story. If you read Joseph Campbells The Hero With A Thousand Faces, it goes into how you build a dramatic narrative that moves a story along.

Setting up stakes then abandoning them is bad storytelling.

Along the lines of bringing John Snow back from the dead and establishing he's a Targaryen and having non of it mattering in the end.

To use your Fight Club analogy, imagine if after establishing the plot to set off explosions everywhere and that it must be stopped immediately, the movie spent the next 45 minutes exploring Ed Norton's childhood and completely ignoring the plan.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thought this was funny....

FRXMiBPWYAM81_O

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

We have to wait and see.

If they spend any time in those two movies having Steven bungling around, Marvel will have fallen completely off.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

We have to wait and see.
No it isn't. How? Why can't it be it's own thing?

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
If we're going to start casting artistic aspersions, this show isn't even deep. It's deep for a superhero story. If you read Joseph Campbells The Hero With A Thousand Faces, it goes into how you build a dramatic narrative that moves a story along.

Setting up stakes then abandoning them is bad storytelling.

Along the lines of bringing John Snow back from the dead and establishing he's a Targaryen and having non of it mattering in the end.

To use your Fight Club analogy, imagine if after establishing the plot to set off explosions everywhere and that it must be stopped immediately, the movie spent the next 45 minutes exploring Ed Norton's childhood and completely ignoring the plan.
Well then you havnt been paying attention then

The show (AND the comic ) isn't about just Moonknight and his battle with the Gods - the comic and the whole storyline from where this series is lifted is about marc s psychosis

You're seeing moonknight ALL the time - even when you're seeing Steven ....

And whats crazy is that EVERY person that you've seen in the series is repeated again and again - you see them but you have to pay attention

The story isn't really about Moonknight fighting a God - the story is really how all marcs personalities function

I can say this- There is another personality you havent seen yet and the clue is in the foot chase scene in the alley - you only see it for a second and something like it is in almost every episode

Again for the umpteenth time - the show is about whats real to a person that is delusional and crazy ...

Last edited:

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Well then you havnt been paying attention ti9n

The show (AND the comic ) isn't about just Moonknight and his battle with the Gods - the comic and the whole storyline from where this series is lifted is about marc s psychosis

You're seeing moonknight ALL the time - even when you're seeing Steven ....

And whats crazy is that EVERY person that you've seen in the series is repeated again and again - you see them but you have to pay attention

The story isn't really about Moonknight fighting a God - the story is really how all marcs personalities function

I can say this- There is another personality you havent seen yet and the clue is in the foot chase scene in the alley - you only see it for a second and something like it is in almost every episode

Again for the umpteenth time - the show is about whats real to a person that is delusional and crazy ...

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

They did mention the afterlife for the Black Panthers, so they are trying to tie this into the MCU.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the first 2 episodes last night.

I will say it is totally different from anything Marvel has put out over the past 20 years.

Im not familiar with the Moon Knight character, but this series has me interested.

This is mainly a series for people who like using their brain watching a show. It is not a series you put under “Mindless Entertainment”.

I will say if you are a person who suffers from TV ADHD ( You need complete character/story development and explanation, full action within the first 15 minutes of the first episode) this series is not for you.

Looking forward to the surprise cameo and how this character will fit in with the rest of the MCU.

So, here's my issue with this statement.

Those that don't like this show, must not be cerebral and need to see tits jiggling and cars exploding to enjoy a show.

That's nonsense.

I personally don't like this kind of show because, to me, it's a slow burn and just fuckin' goofy. I personally don't want to waste time on a TV show that's just not entertaining to me. It's just a TV show! Great for those who love it. But it's not some litmus test for intelligence.

This show and a few other Marvel series have been boring as fuck and just down right preachy and just plain dumb and unwatchable.

My .02

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Also, people have been pointing this out from the first episode leading to the premise this may all be a delusion...

if the last episode reveals that then this will be the worst show marvel ever produced
worse than the inhumans

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Because I want to. So you've never watched anything you had criticisms of? You've 100% liked everything you've ever watched and thought everything was perfect?
Dude, you hate this show.

Youre not getting any entertainment out of it.

This much criticism is unreasonable for a person who actually digs what their watching.

I absolutely stop watching anything that i have major criticisms of. I didnt watch Nolan's Dark Knight rises because of how underwhelmed i was with the Dark Knight. It wasnt a bad movie, it just wasnt made for me.

You dont want to give up on this show in hopes you'll get some sort of payout for the time youve already invested in it.

It aint gonna happen bruh.

Cut ya losses.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Dude, you hate this show.

Youre not getting any entertainment out of it.

This much criticism is unreasonable for a person who actually digs what their watching.

I absolutely stop watching anything that i have major criticisms of. I didnt watch Nolan's Dark Knight rises because of how underwhelmed i was with the Dark Knight. It wasnt a bad movie, it just wasnt made for me.

You dont want to give up on this show in hopes you'll get some sort of payout for the time youve already invested in it.

It aint gonna happen bruh.

Cut ya losses.

The bigger question is why would you care if I watch it or not? I could ask the same question of why would you read my posts in this thread if you know they (apparently) bother you? You can just skip right past them since we don’t agree on this show.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
The bigger question is why would you care if I watch it or not? I could ask the same question of why would you read my posts in this thread if you know they (apparently) bother you? You can just skip right past them since we don’t agree on this show.
Thats not a bigger question.

Thats a deflection.

But to answer, reading your posts doesnt bother me. I'm genuinely trying to understand why youre torturing yourself. Seeing this level of masochism is interesting.

You not only hate the show, but youre sharing your dissatisfaction publicly.

Why? :lol: