Movie News: Barbie movie starring Margot Robbie lands Summer 2023 Release UPDATE: $1.03B !!!

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck it. I'll be the one. I saw it.

Went with the lady and some friends.

Shit wasn't bad. I dare say it was a solid flick. In the long run, it is way more about female empathy than it is female empowerment, and less anti-patriarchy than you'd imagine (although they do touch on all of those issues).

It is, though, a solid PG-13 rating. Hard PG, at least. There's nothing explicit in it, but it does cover some mature concepts and makes a few references. The film was definitely not made with kids as it's target demographic.

That's all. Anyone wasting a lot of time tearing into it really should just chill out. Fuck Shapiro and Cruz; they both know this movie wasn't for or about them, but everything has to be, so they had to offer their two cents.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
That first chick sounded racist she wanted the movie to be ALL blonde hair and blue eyes
Definitely some racist dog whistles in that video, what's funny is that matell has addressed this issue over the years and it's like these dumb cacs are coming out of a time machine, hell the first barbie came in blonde and brunette so the whole ideal blonde barbie thing is bullshit off bat, white people are something else man lol but the worst part is grown adult humans, who's lives are flashing by them as we speak, with such limited time on this planet spend that time worrying about something like barbie or marvel comics and arguing on the internet over it, hours spent online watching videos made by grifters to simply confirm their own bias.

To quite jay and silent bob strike back

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I have absolutely no interest in seeing the Barbie movie but this is just more proof Ben Shapiro is a jackass. :hmm:

That motherfucker is behaving just like the very people who persecuted and killed his people by the millions!!!!
1H2cRL3RfdrS_640x360.jpg

The symbolism of burning dolls is a lot like burning books.
- They're burning ideals and what they stand for.
Burning Barbie dolls is alot like burning the action figures of these guys:
898f1f6bb0c94e96a10d17e6b520b233lg.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They walked out

I get that people walk out of movies sometimes, but I don't really support that. In this case, if you leave early, you miss out on a lot of character action and development that might actually change your opinion of the story.

Although if you went in as hard headed as the first lady, you were destined to fail. It sounds like she just wanted affirmation of her white blonde superiority.
Probably really hurt her feelings that Barbieland had a black president.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
$155 million and damn near $340 million worldwide by following the simple fucking formula of keeping an IP recognizable. Making money ain't as hard as the dumb ass critically conscious clowns make it. :lol:

This thing is making all the money.

But who are the dumb f*cks that thought this was EVER gonna flop?

This was gonna be hit from jump

So was Oppenheimer

They even tried to act like Cruise was gonna under perform...

I think Tom messed up just a little with the release but no doubt after a little bit of a soft opening? It's been STEADY as f*ck.

This is a good sign for the theatres.

A sequel an IP cash grab and a serious Oscar contender go back to back to back success

And low key?

The kids movie been selling out small theatres on the low as an alternative fot families.

So as bad as this strike is?

This is a good sign on how moving forward to market promote and schedule releases and also to try to cater to different audiences.

Just make the BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE.

Target YOUR AUDIENCE.

And you gonna be fine.

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This thing is making all the money.

But who is the dumb f*cks that thought this was EVER gonna flop?

This was gonna be hit from jump

So was Oppenheimer

They even tried to act like Cruise was gonna under perform...

I think Tom messed up just a little with the release but no doubt after a little bit of a soft opening? It's been STEADY as f*ck.

This is a good sign for the theatres.

A sequel an IP cash grab and a serious Oscar contender go back to back to back success

And low key?

The kids movie been selling out small theatres on the low as a alternative fot families.

So as bad as this strike is?

This is a good sign on how moving forward to market promote and schedule releases and also to try to cater to different audiences.

Just make the BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE.

Target YOUR AUDIENCE.

And you gonna be fine.
Man, as soon as I saw Barbie looking like Barbie and Ken like Ken, I knew they had a serious chance to print money. As you said, TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE with the BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE. First super mario, now Barbie. 2 IPs that we recognize. This shit ain't rocket science. I been screaming this for the last few years while some of these folks been setting money on fire and yelling at audiences instead of TARGETING them with the BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE.

Let's see if these people get the message or stay in denial.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, as soon as I saw Barbie looking like Barbie and Ken like Ken, I knew they had a serious chance to print money. As you said, TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE with the BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE. First super mario, now Barbie. 2 IPs that we recognize. This shit ain't rocket science. I been screaming this for the last few years while some of these folks been setting money on fire and yelling at audiences instead of TARGETING them with the BEST MOVIE POSSIBLE.

Let's see if these people get the message or stay in denial.

100% RIGHT!

But please let us not dismiss just how f*cking hard it is to do this successfully

Salute to ALL the writers producers music ser design costumes effects editors etc etc

This is HARD. And literally takes a village

And the thing is it don't matter if it's remake reboot remix...

Just be GOOD

Be honest have fun be smart be silly

Be GOOD

and most importantly even if it doesn't break records

If it's GOOD?

Folk will find it.

These executives just need to let folk cook SOMETIMES. Good executive is like a good coach but in ALL sports.

The BEST executives understand this

You gotta be NFL controlling all these seperate but connected intergal groups to one goal

NBA trust players on the floor as surrogates to implement your plan. Dealing with personalities and ebb and flow

NHL constant motion, and rythmn and playing defense (budget, schedule) and offense (writing, editing, challenges on set)

Baseball ultimate CEO placing players in position to be the most successful based on previous performance and last minute in game situations.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sidebar... little kids ARE going to see this movie. And everyone involved KNEW that.

It is what it is.

Parents need to understand that.

YOUR the parents. Ain't nobody forcing you to go to the theatre.

Elementals still showing.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
With word of mouth, the film will easily break $500 million US domestic gross.

Good chance it will remain in the top 5 films thru August being nothing exciting is being released next month.

Labor Day weekend will be its last push to clean up.

I’ll wait for it on MAX.

If Warner Bros. is smart, hold off until mid-November before releasing it on MAX. Folks will watch it in large numbers the week of Thanksgiving.

That’s when I will watch it for sure.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With the success of Barbie... I can't wait for the Mattel and WB Execs to give us "Emotional" and 'Adult" Versions of Hot Wheels and Barney... lol

Last edited:

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Second old bag starts off by saying I'm not a movie person, I watch maybe one movie a year :roflmao3: well shit, guess I should really care about get review.

Notice how she never said what she didn't like about it. In other words, her husband didn't like it, or they listened to conservative radio on the way to and she knows they don't like it, but she doesn't remember why. All the rest she said was cover.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
They walked out

Let's just keep it 100 Barbie has been the female cac idol and standard for decades of how they were supposed to live their delusional cac life. This movie made Barbie look like the dumb blonde bimbo that she really is and it hurt some female cac feelings when they flocked to the theaters to see their idol. My daughter and granddaughters went to see this past weekend and some Karen's left with their kids during the movie and some after the movie left with reds faces :roflmao2: . Of course this movie was going to make bank but older blonde cacs will be in their feelings.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Let's just keep it 100 Barbie has been the female cac idol and standard for decades of how they were supposed to live their delusional cac life. This movie made Barbie look like the dumb blonde bimbo that she really is and it hurt some female cac feelings when they flocked to the theaters to see their idol. My daughter and granddaughters went to see this past weekend and some Karen's left with their kids during the movie and some after the movie left with reds faces :roflmao2: . Of course this movie was going to make bank but older blonde cacs will be in their feelings.
The marketing for this was next-level smart. They just gave EVERYONE who liked the IP what they wanted to SEE. They didn't really let on about what the story was about, any tranny shit, etc. So folks going to run to see it just off the IP looking like the IP and the promotion hid anything that would piss people off.

They gave not one fuck about people being pissed off AFTER(or during with people walking out .)

I just love that the culture wars got folks in the media defending a blonde, blue eyed cac idol movie(whatever the movie is about is lost on most people). Love that the marketing duped SOME people. All this just entertaining as fuck to me. :lol:

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
The marketing for this was next-level smart. They just gave EVERYONE who liked the IP what they wanted to SEE. They didn't really let on about what the story was about, any tranny shit, etc. So folks going to run to see it just off the IP looking like the IP and the promotion hid anything that would piss people off.

They gave not one fuck about people being pissed off AFTER(or during with people walking out .)

I just love that the culture wars got folks in the media defending a blonde, blue eyed cac idol movie(whatever the movie is about is lost on most people). Love that the marketing duped SOME people. All this just entertaining as fuck to me. :lol:
thats-it-right-there.gif

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Fuck it. I'll be the one. I saw it.

Went with the lady and some friends.

Shit wasn't bad. I dare say it was a solid flick. In the long run, it is way more about female empathy than it is female empowerment, and less anti-patriarchy than you'd imagine (although they do touch on all of those issues).

It is, though, a solid PG-13 rating. Hard PG, at least. There's nothing explicit in it, but it does cover some mature concepts and makes a few references. The film was definitely not made with kids as it's target demographic.

That's all. Anyone wasting a lot of time tearing into it really should just chill out. Fuck Shapiro and Cruz; they both know this movie wasn't for or about them, but everything has to be, so they had to offer their two cents.

Do you remember what the male/female ratio was at the theater for this film?

Was there more women or more men?

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you remember what the male/female ratio was at the theater for this film?

Was there more women or more men?
Hmm. i wouldn't say I took a solid survey of the theater, but based on our group and several others going in and out of the theater, I'd say it was more female than male, but not that a huge margin. Probably about 60/40? I think a lot of people came with their spouses, boyfriends, etc.

Also, this was midday, so the full-on Barbie party and pink lady contingencies might have stepped up significantly going into the evening.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't need to see it to know that everything with a mainstream push via Disney or mainstream Hollywood these days is packed with feminist messaging and misandry. I would not and will not give them any money.
All they want to do is create division. They have more money than they'll ever need. All they want is control now.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I don't need to see it to know that everything with a mainstream push via Disney or mainstream Hollywood these days is packed with feminist messaging and misandry. I would not and will not give them any money.
All they want to do is create division. They have more money than they'll ever need. All they want is control now.
Come on man, we have to give credit where it's due. These slick bastards nailed it. Bringing up the rat isn't fair. If this were made by the rat, they'd have made this movie look like the Mayans and then yelled at the fans for not coming to see it. Budget would have been $250 million plus $125 for 'attacking the fans' marketing.

But on the real side, I agree though. Since about 2015 or so, modern hollywood has become out of control with the messaging. Use to be subtle(if it was there) and story took priority.