Movie News: Barbie movie starring Margot Robbie lands Summer 2023 Release UPDATE: $1.03B !!!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

There must be something about this film that got folks acting ignorant…

Hmmm…

They-Cloned-Tyrone.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Come on man, we have to give credit where it's due. These slick bastards nailed it. Bringing up the rat isn't fair. If this were made by the rat, they'd have made this movie look like the Mayans and then yelled at the fans for not coming to see it. Budget would have been $250 million plus $125 for 'attacking the fans' marketing.

But on the real side, I agree though. Since about 2015 or so, modern hollywood has become out of control with the messaging. Use to be subtle(if it was there) and story took priority.

Bro?

Did someone form the mouse touch you?

Its a safe space

I support you and I believe you.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So Barbie should break $1 billion soon. So in 2023, only this and Super Mario will be past $1 billion. Lesson in there. Hollywood loves to copy. They about to put the AI to work. :lol:

Its crazy just how many say they HATE these reboots retreads and IP movies?

but GUESSS WHAT THEY ALL GO SEE?

I remember I was taking to a GM of a major chain of theatres and I love to try to play theatre exec and movie studio head

and btw I'm always wrong. I even tell them about what by bgol brethren say

So I asked about them pulling certain smaller films that were doing VERY OK for Tom Cruise

and it was like NO BODY f*CKS with Tom EVERYONE is coming out for Tom

But what about Barbie and Oppenheimer>

Nope Tom.

and the fact that I was kinda right about Tom and Indy doing BETTER the first weekend was insane.

As much as I have NO IDEA what these movie execs are doing?

These audiences are equally unpredictable at times.

But NOBOCY thought Barbie was gonna flop

NOBODY

well hold on Tom thought he could beat them BOTH so....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sidebar...

FAMILIES are going to this movie

and I mean FAMILIES

Mom and Dad and daughters all dressed in pink and I mean kids as young as 4 years old

and apparently they LOVED it from my quick convos in the lobby

I was actually trying to go and it was COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Its crazy just how many say they HATE these reboots retreads and IP movies?

but GUESSS WHAT THEY ALL GO SEE?

I remember I was taking to a GM of a major chain of theatres and I love to try to play theatre exec and movie studio head

and btw I'm always wrong. I even tell them about what by bgol brethren say

So I asked about them pulling certain smaller films that were doing VERY OK for Tom Cruise

and it was like NO BODY f*CKS with Tom EVERYONE is coming out for Tom

But what about Barbie and Oppenheimer>

Nope Tom.

and the fact that I was kinda right about Tom and Indy doing BETTER the first weekend was insane.

As much as I have NO IDEA what these movie execs are doing?

These audiences are equally unpredictable at times.

But NOBOCY thought Barbie was gonna flop

NOBODY

well hold on Tom thought he could beat them BOTH so....
Well, folks like IP movies if they hold true to the IP. That's what we got with Super Mario and Barbie. Folks went crazy for Super mario because they recognized it. They dressed for that shit too.

Now we see the same with Barbie. All that pink. Barbieland. Everything is easy to recognize. Grown ass women are taken to their childhood visually. Much like with Mario, it's more about the experience than the movie. And yeah, my oldest daughter had black barbies when she was younger, so all girls can relate to barbies. Shit ain't that serious as some people make it.

This my friend is why you don't fuck up IPs that people remember from childhood. Lesson for all of hollywood. Cause they could have easily fucked this up and created barbie incels. :lol:

I haven't seen it. But I'm glad a number of fans got shit they enjoyed. An experience. Tell you the truth, I'm jealous. Few of my IPs been fucked up by these nuts. Maybe that will change now.

Now that Oppenhiemer(am I even spelling that right? ) is a Nolan joint. I guess he got fans that were waiting on this shit. Still the numbers are crazy. That movie is mostly talking and they talking about must see it in IMAX. Rated R and doing numbers. Hey, I can't call it man. Nolan got people. Makes me wonder what that movie he insisted releasing during the plague would have done if given a normal release.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I saw a bunch of black women on social media doing this......I still can't believe this is a thread on BGOL and it's 4 pages :lol:

Bro I saw a TON of black dads with their daughters wearing pink.

I was NOT mad

Cause I want to save ALL THOSE PICS AND VIDS when a certain group calls us toxic or dead beats accusing us if being misogynistic or homophobic.

And ummm...

A ton of beautiful black moms wearing spandex tights with the roof down big brown tatas out I'm gonna leave that there.

But seeing black families out together having fun... I loved it just off that reason alone.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well, folks like IP movies if they hold true to the IP. That's what we got with Super Mario and Barbie. Folks went crazy for Super mario because they recognized it. They dressed for that shit too.

Now we see the same with Barbie. All that pink. Barbieland. Everything is easy to recognize. Grown ass women are taken to their childhood visually. Much like with Mario, it's more about the experience than the movie. And yeah, my oldest daughter had black barbies when she was younger, so all girls can relate to barbies. Shit ain't that serious as some people make it.

This my friend is why you don't fuck up IPs that people remember from childhood. Lesson for all of hollywood. Cause they could have easily fucked this up and created barbie incels. :lol:

I haven't seen it. But I'm glad a number of fans got shit they enjoyed. An experience. Tell you the truth, I'm jealous. Few of my IPs been fucked up by these nuts. Maybe that will change now.

Now that Oppenhiemer(am I even spelling that right? ) is a Nolan joint. I guess he got fans that were waiting on this shit. Still the numbers are crazy. That movie is mostly talking and they talking about must see it in IMAX. Rated R and doing numbers. Hey, I can't call it man. Nolan got people. Makes me wonder what that movie he insisted releasing during the plague would have done if given a normal release.

Kaboom bro

I don't think it would have done well cause remember tenant was just okay

But that is a really good question

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But remember folk were ready to BOYCOTT Super Mario because of the Pratt casting

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But incels TRIED to mess this movie up

They failed miserably

Under estimated the power of the brand

A lot the fumbles were the same that happen to non IP movies though

Bad director bad writer poor marketing poor scheduling

It's not THAT easy bro.

This movie stuff is just like pro sports, government and other corporations

So much is ego bad decisions bad advice and many times?

Dumb luck

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bro I saw a TON of black dads with their daughters wearing pink.

I was NOT mad

Cause I want to save ALL THOSE PICS AND VIDS when a certain group calls us toxic or dead beats accusing us if being misogynistic or homophobic.

And ummm...

A ton of beautiful black moms wearing spandex tights with the roof down big brown tatas out I'm gonna leave that there.

But seeing black families out together having fun... I loved it just off that reason alone.

I knew black women/kids were going to go see it because they were talking about it before the movie came out, I was laughing because this thread was started in 2022 but this is the first time I remember seeing it and couldn't believe it was 4 pages on BGOL ..lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I knew black women/kids were going to go see it because they were talking about it before the movie came out, I was laughing because this thread was started in 2022 but this is the first time I remember seeing it and couldn't believe it was 4 pages on BGOL ..lol

Bro?

I UNDERSTAND!

Now the 1 billion dollar question is...

Is there ANOTHER IP that could cause this much craze across the board???

I think you gotta Legend of Zelda?

Matchbox?

Some type of moving that has all the old 70 80 90 sit com actors in it?

A different world movie?

New James bond?

six million dollar man?

What IP like Barbie has survived since 1959???!!

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
But incels TRIED to mess this movie up

They failed miserably

Under estimated the power of the brand

A lot the fumbles were the same that happen to non IP movies though

Bad director bad writer poor marketing poor scheduling

It's not THAT easy bro.

This movie stuff is just like pro sports, government and other corporations

So much is ego bad decisions bad advice and many times?

Dumb luck
The marketing for this was too good man. Why do you think SOME people walked out? That means the marketing lead them to believe something else. :yes: The barbie marketing just lead with the experience. Folks had no fucking idea what the movie was about.

Plus, the 'messaging' in the movie seems to be shit that goes over most heads, so the 'incels' that tried to kick up shit weren't going to get traction.

But what I mean by barbie 'incels' would be true barbie fans(much like fans of other IPs who get labeled 'incels') who complain if this IP got changed from the roots. For example, they eliminate pink for yellow because pink is too much of a gender stereotype. Then the main barbie and ken are no longer blonde, the got black hair and dress like Wednesday. Maybe swap Barbie like they did Velma. :roflmao:How about they make Barbie a bait and switch where it is all about Ken?

Then the barbie fans are all attacked and called 'incels' because they don't like the totally unrecognizeable barbie in her yellow barbieland. See how ridiculous that would be? How this would fucking bomb? How folks dressing in pink would feel fucked over? That is what happened with a number of IPs in recent years.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The marketing for this was too good man. Why do you think SOME people walked out? That means the marketing lead them to believe something else. :yes: The barbie marketing just lead with the experience. Folks had no fucking idea what the movie was about.

Plus, the 'messaging' in the movie seems to be shit that goes over most heads, so the 'incels' that tried to kick up shit weren't going to get traction.

But what I mean by barbie 'incels' would be true barbie fans(much like fans of other IPs who get labeled 'incels') who complain if this IP got changed from the roots. For example, they eliminate pink for yellow because pink is too much of a gender stereotype. Then the main barbie and ken are no longer blonde, the got black hair and dress like Wednesday. Maybe swap Barbie like they did Velma. :roflmao:How about they make Barbie a bait and switch where it is all about Ken?

Then the barbie fans are all attacked and called 'incels' because they don't like the totally unrecognizeable barbie in her yellow barbieland. See how ridiculous that would be? How this would fucking bomb? How folks dressing in pink would feel fucked over? That is what happened with a number of IPs in recent years.

True Marketing & Promotion bars

Rare as f*ck