Movie News: Donald Glover, Phoebe Waller-Bridge to star in ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’ remake Update: Maya Erskine replaces her

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
i liked the OG Mr. & Mrs Smith and looking for to this spin-off
the premise reminds a bit of FX's the Americans...spies/assassins forced to go undercover as married couple

and Jesus the guest starring cast is stacked

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i liked the OG Mr. & Mrs Smith and looking for to this spin-off
the premise reminds a bit of FX's the Americans...spies/assassins forced to go undercover as married couple

and Jesus the guest starring cast is stacked

^^^^

All this

Sidebar...

I KNEW Donald would replace the White girl with an Asian cause that's his favorite flavor

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm looking at the casting director like

iu

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
This concept has been done too many times Donald you cool with me, but you have to pull a little bit more thought into your projects. I ain’t trying to say you should make everything like Atlanta, but you need to creativity of the first two seasons of Atlanta.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This concept has been done too many times Donald you cool with me, but you have to pull a little bit more thought into your projects. I ain’t trying to say you should make everything like Atlanta, but you need to creativity of the first two seasons of Atlanta.
Yeah Boris Kojoe had a spy show with a young fine Gugu Mbatha-Raw and that shit was canceled quick!

This chick just doesn't fool me.

The thing about the Pitt-Jolie movie is Jolie had edge, she could be seductive and sexy but eerily cold and calculated when killing. Pitt was Pitt, he's gonna charm, but when it's time to get down, he's an action star.

DG and ole girl are playing 2 fish out of water. This is new to both of them and the marriage is forced and you have to kill people.....seems like a lot of pans to manage.....when both leads don't appear to have the range to match.....

But I'll check it out. Dude killed atlanta and swarm.....he gets a view

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah Boris Kojoe had a spy show with a young fine Gugu Mbatha-Raw and that shit was canceled quick!

The thing about the Pitt-Jolie movie is Jolie had edge, she could be seductive and sexy but eerily cold and calculated when killing. Pitt was Pitt, he's gonna charm, but when it's time to get down, he's an action star.

DG and ole girl are playing 2 fish out of water. This is new to both of them and the marriage is forces and you have to kill people.....seems like a lot of pans to manage.....when both leads don't appear to have the range to match.....

^^^^

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

DG and ole girl are playing 2 fish out of water. This is new to both of them and the marriage is forced and you have to kill people.....seems like a lot of pans to manage.....when both leads don't appear to have the range to match.....

Fuck this movie.. I won't see it no matter what app it comes on...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Role_Play-856462276-large.jpg

Emma has a wonderful husband and two kids in the suburbs of New Jersey. She also has a secret life as an assassin for hire, a secret that her husband Dave discovers when the couple decide to spice up their marriage with a little role play.

what it looks like when you combine LeFemme Nikita and Mr. & Mrs Smith:dunno::dunno:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man! I used to LOVE Undercovers, but I knew it would get cancelled.
You had two good looking black people in a happy marriage who were international spies, spending their lives kicking the shit out of white people. They had a Jewish guy as a sidekick and Gugu's little sister (played by Mekia Cox) was cute and funny. No way they were gonna let that show stay on t.v.
It sends the wrong message. :hmm:

The writers stayed trying to kill the vibe of the show. Midway through the season, they brought in some cracker who was a spy from Gugu's past who was, of course, an ex-lover. The whytes just had to steak their claim on her.
He stayed in the middle of them because, of course, having a powerful black couple that loved each other sent the "wrong message."
The worst thing was, they ended the show before it was over. There are 13 episodes but they only ever aired 11...in the U.S.
I tracked down the last two episodes of the show and they were good. The axed the third wheel spy and solved a case with just the two of them.
I'm convinced that show was sabotaged.

Last edited:

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Very well said...

I'm still gonna check it out though

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You had two good looking black people in a happy marriage who were international spies, spending their lives kicking the shit out of white people. They had a Jewish guy as a sidekick and Gugu's little sister (played by Mekia Cox) was cute and funny. No way they were gonna let that show stay on t.v.

The writers stayed trying to kill the vibe of the show. Midway through the season, they brought in some cracker who was a spy from Gugu's past who was, of course, an ex-lover. The whytes just had to steak their claim on her.
He stayed in the middle of them because, of course, having a powerful black couple that loved each other sent the "wrong message."
The worst thing was, they ended the show before it was over. There are 13 episodes but they only ever aired 11...in the U.S.
I tracked down the last two episodes of the show and they were good. The axed the third wheel spy and solved a case with just the two of them.

I gotta find those 2 lost episodes

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I agree this was an excellent show, that was sabotaged. OWN or Perry should have picked the show up and continued it with the first set of writers before the mid season transition wrecked it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Mr. & Mrs. Smith co-creator teases 'a lot more story to tell' after finale cliffhanger​

"It definitely has more legs to keep going, that's for sure," showrunner Francesca Sloane tells EW about continuing the story in a potential season 2.
By
Sydney Bucksbaum

Updated on February 2, 2024

Warning: This article contains spoilers for the season finale of Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith ended its first season with a literal bang.

Donald Glover and Maya Erskine's titular spy couple went through quite the roller coaster during all eight episodes of their TV reimagining of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's 2005 movie of the same name. John and Jane started off as strangers who signed up for a mysterious agency, instantly became newlyweds getting to know each other for the first time, eventually fell in love, but ultimately separated and tried to kill each other. Yeah, they really went through every emotional high and low of a relationship — only with life-and-death stakes elevating it all.

Donald Glover, Maya Erskine

Donald Glover, Maya Erskine.
DAVID LEE/PRIME VIDEO
But by the end of the finale, thanks to a little hallucinative truth serum, they're able to come back together, both as spouses and a spy team fighting another Smith couple trying to eliminate them. It might not be a happy ending, however, as the season concludes on a shocking cliffhanger where it's unclear whether John and Jane survived their shoot-'em-up fight with the other Jane (Parker Posey). Inside their panic room, John loses consciousness from what looks like a fatal gunshot, and Jane tells him she only has one bullet left, but two gunshots are heard as the camera pans outside their home.

Do they live to see another mission together and repair their relationship (and their destroyed home)? That's something co-creator Francesca Sloane (Atlanta, Fargo) would love to explore in a second season (Prime Video has yet to renew the series). "I think that there's definitely a lot more story to tell here," she tells EW. "And I think that we definitely feel like this is a fully satisfied story if it were to just live on its own. But it definitely has more legs to keep going, that's for sure."

Donald Glover, Maya Erskine

Donald Glover, Maya Erskine.
DAVID LEE/PRIME VIDEO
Sloane is proud of the way she and Glover told the story of the first season in a much different way than the original movie, especially with the finale's open-ended cliffhanger.

"The entire season is attempting to subvert the genre while still being really satisfying to people who love the movie, and I think that people who love the movie will be incredibly pleased with the way that our finale wraps up," she adds. "I feel like we've really earned the finale in terms of its gloriousness, but I also feel like people who have never even heard of the original IP of Mr. & Mrs. Smith will watch that and feel like it is a well-rounded, exciting, shoot-'em-up romance with a really interesting ending. And I think that the ending is something that will have a lot of people talking."

All eight episodes of Mr. & Mrs. Smith are now streaming on Prime Video.