Movie News: Donald Glover, Phoebe Waller-Bridge to star in ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’ remake Update: Maya Erskine replaces her

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
nah - its not her style
and my guess is her ego prevented her from falling in behind team Glover's vision

I really like her. I don't like the gossip I'm hearing about her ego and alleged very let's emasculate style behind the scenes.

And apparently your correct she really wanted to put her imprint on this and not kinda just participate.

I still think she COULD have done this if she was willing.

But her replacement is so f**king superb I can't even try to fight.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
And great writing and casting

the choices of no tradecraft, no tactical displayed by the villains nor the protagonists , the characters don't even render first aid when injured...
they decided it doesn't matter - they were right

props-- they did their own stunts
and every episode had easter eggs - so far I caught running themes for watch nerds, photography buffs and audiophiles

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the choices of no tradecraft, no tactical displayed by the villains nor the protagonists , the characters don't even render first aid when injured...

and every episode had easter eggs - so far I caught running themes for watch nerds, photography buffs and audiophiles

Bro EVERY SONG seemed perfectly curated for that episode.

I posted a few here

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

RESPECTR THE AUDIENCE INTELLIGENCE bars

We KNOW all this stuff. This is now woven into the tapestry of modern myth.

James Bond Batman Superman John Wick

Spy tortured hero ideal assassin with a code

We KNOW all that.

Just tell the YOUR story we will catch on.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I mean that isnt COMPLETELY true but I got your point.

I loved John having to wear the scarf to stop the bleeding but every time he ran t got worth.

It was the REALISM being GROUNDED yet ridiculous at the same time

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

THAT PART!!!

respect to them - they aint do ALL but they did it the RIGHT WAY and did almost everything they could.

Tom Cruise would be proud

Sidebar...

I actually read some reviews where they complained that it was too slow a build up?

this show HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

I do NOT understand these so called reviewers. This was expertly executed.

Every fight (both PHYSICAL and VERBAL) was REAL AS POSSIBLE.

I was completely immersed in this world from jump.

Last edited:

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
up to episode 3....this is dope so far. The initial episode has a slow build up until the "incident'.. some people may think the pace is dragging at that point but please stay with it, the pace picks up and it gets much better (Eliza Gonzalez can get it raw btw).

Cinematography is on point....and I wanna go to damn near every set location....that property in New York is Fire (Tribeca? Dumbo?), that Calfosch resort/hotel looked like an amazing spot for a ski trip.

And Maya Erksine looks homely af at some spots and half decent in other angles...both her and Gambino are playing their roles well

looking forward to seeing the rest of the series..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
up to episode 3....this is dope so far. The initial episode has a slow build up until the "incident'.. some people may think the pace is dragging at that point but please stay with it, the pace picks up and it gets much better (Eliza Gonzalez can get it raw btw).

Cinematography is on point....and I wanna go to damn near every set location....that property in New York is Fire (Tribeca? Dumbo?), that Calfosch resort/hotel looked like an amazing spot for a ski trip.

And Maya Erksine looks homely af at some spots and half decent in other angles...both her and Gambino are playing their roles well

looking forward to seeing the rest of the series..

She is an enigma bro...

I don't understand it

but it works PERFECTLY for the character

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I finished it yesterday and I enjoyed many aspects. The chemistry between the leads was great!

I need to circle back and watch Erskine in this series. I caught about half of the first season a few years ago, and it was very cringe funny. Her and Anna Konkle were the co-creators and co-leads of the show. They were both 31yo during filming of season 1 playing 13yo versions of themselves, lol.

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
0jpfwfn13jyb1.jpg

Looking forward to watching the new Mr. & Mrs. Smith series. Blue eyed Samurai was FIRE if ya didn't know.

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
The show has potential but I only watched one and a half episodes because the lighting is so annoyingly dim.
I had turn off every light in the room just to make out the characters. :smh:
If you're streaming on firestick or Roku check your settings. There's a feature that makes the content match the lighting in your viewing area that can be turned off. I had the same issue with GOT and Mandalorian until I figured it out. Once disabled the screen doesn't get darker when you turn your lights off to watch.

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
I need to circle back and watch Erskine in this series. I caught about half of the first season a few years ago, and it was very cringe funny. Her and Anna Konkle were the co-creators and co-leads of the show. They were both 31yo during filming of season 1 playing 13yo versions of themselves, lol.

IMO...the Asian angle made her character pop. The original ww was mayo but this ww got some flava lol

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you're streaming on firestick or Roku check your settings. There's a feature that makes the content match the lighting in your viewing area that can be turned off. I had the same issue with GOT and Mandalorian until I figured it out. Once disabled the screen doesn't get darker when you turn your lights off to watch.

Thanks for the suggestion but my TV settings didn't need adjusting. This program was going for the film noir style of filmmaking characterized by such elements as cynical heroes, stark lighting effects, frequent use of flashbacks, intricate plots, and an underlying existentialist philosophy but they overdid the stark lighting.

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thanks for the suggestion but my TV settings didn't need adjusting. This program was going for the film noir style of filmmaking characterized by such elements as cynical heroes, stark lighting effects, frequent use of flashbacks, intricate plots, and an underlying existentialist philosophy but they overdid the stark lighting.
Cool. Now that I recall it more clearly it was a setting on my television. An energy saving mode.