MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Platform 2

6/10

This sequel debuted last week and I watched it last night on the road on Netflix.

I debated rewatching the first one to get caught up being it’s been 4 years since I saw it. I decided to read a plot synopsis of the first one. I highly recommend you do that before you watch this film if you don’t have time to rewatch the first one.

I’m not gonna spoil it, but the film starts out like the original and quickly goes into a different direction. A system of rules has been established amongst the people in the Pit on distribution of the food equally. I won’t go further but the main plot revolves around that premise.

We are given insight on how the people are chosen for the Pit. And shown how the Authority moves the prisoners from different levels. This gives the audience some theories on the location of the Pit.

A couple of characters from the first film have cameos.

The film ends just like the first, but there are some scenes that give some insight why.

When the end credits roll, continue watching, there are more scenes that introduce some major unexpected twists on what is actually going on.

They set it up for a “Platform 3”, hopefully it debuts soon.

Like the first film, it’s from Spain, Netflix has it dubbed in English.

Looking forward to it.

Synopsis

After a mysterious leader imposes his law in a brutal system of vertical cells, a new arrival battles against a dubious food distribution method.

MV5BNzI4YjkyODctMGJmNC00YjBjLTllNjAtNDkxNTJmZjg4MGZkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Unfrosted

There's a who's who of Hollywood in this including Amy Schumer ,Bill Burr · Fred Armisen · Christian Slater · Tony Hale · Dean Norris · Maria Bakalova · Peter Dinklage · Jack McBrayer and that's just naming a few .

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Piece by Piece

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is for kids or not, because you sort of need to know about Pharrell and the music to really get it.

I didn't expect it to be as inspirational as it was. It really promotes artistry, individuality and believing in yourself.

It's basically Pharrell's bio and is a documentary done in an entertaining way

I really enjoyed it. I hope more people see it and support it.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The Platform 2

6/10

This sequel debuted last week and I watched it last night on the road on Netflix.

I debated rewatching the first one to get caught up being it’s been 4 years since I saw it. I decided to read a plot synopsis of the first one. I highly recommend you do that before you watch this film if you don’t have time to rewatch the first one.

I’m not gonna spoil it, but the film starts out like the original and quickly goes into a different direction. A system of rules has been established amongst the people in the Pit on distribution of the food equally. I won’t go further but the main plot revolves around that premise.

We are given insight on how the people are chosen for the Pit. And shown how the Authority moves the prisoners from different levels. This gives the audience some theories on the location of the Pit.

A couple of characters from the first film have cameos.

The film ends just like the first, but there are some scenes that give some insight why.

When the end credits roll, continue watching, there are more scenes that introduce some major unexpected twists on what is actually going on.

They set it up for a “Platform 3”, hopefully it debuts soon.

Like the first film, it’s from Spain, Netflix has it dubbed in English.

Looking forward to it.

Synopsis

After a mysterious leader imposes his law in a brutal system of vertical cells, a new arrival battles against a dubious food distribution method.

MV5BNzI4YjkyODctMGJmNC00YjBjLTllNjAtNDkxNTJmZjg4MGZkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

The first one was good. Have to check this one out.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Nosferatu the Vampyre

7.5/10

This film came up in my Google recommendations earlier this month. I watched it this afternoon at home.

The film is based directly from Bram Stoker’s “Dracula”. The film was originally made back in 1922 and is considered a classic. The issue with that version is that it was unauthorized and the complete film is unavailable. The current version of the 1922 film has missing parts and is spliced together from copies that have been found.

This version is a complete version of the story. It pretty much follows the 1922 film. Visually it looks great with the dim lighting and grainy look. Casting and performance of all the actors is done well.

The film follows the “Less Is More” technique in how it is presented. It keeps you glued to the screen from opening credit roll to the final scene.

If you enjoyed the 1922 version, you will definitely enjoy this version.

The film is from Germany/France. tubi has a clean remastered copy.
Synopsis

Jonathan Harker is sent away to Count Dracula's castle to sell him a house in Virna, where he lives. But Count Dracula is a vampire, an undead ghoul living off men's blood. Inspired by a photograph of Lucy Harker, Jonathan's wife, Dracula moves to Virna, bringing with him death and plague... An unusually contemplative version of Dracula, in which the vampire bears the cross of not being able to get old and die.

MV5BYjgzODFlMTgtNDhiMS00ZGZmLTliOTUtMjU5NjBkYmU4NGNkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TERRIFIER 3

By now anyone going to see these Terrifier movies knows what they're going to get and that's mainly a gorefest and then some but they do try to insert some type of story in that makes me think about the characters in any Scream film or the antics of Freddy Krueger. In this third chapter we have Sienna (Lauren LaVera) dealing with thr trauma from the last movie . She returns from a psychiatric hospital to live with her aunt Jessica (Margaret Ann Florence), her husband Greg (Bryce Johnson), and their kid Gabbie (Antonella Rose), Sienna’s brother Jonathan (Elliot Fullam) is in college, dealing with his own PTSD.
There are some fun moments and i laughed at some of the antics of Art the Clown portrayed by David Howard Thornton as no one is spared from his murder spree just in time for Christmas. I actually found a couple of scenes shocking when unexpected gore pops up onto the screen. I did enjoy the bit about unattentive parents.It's a physical performance,full of mannerisms and slight winks at the camera. The violence of course is extremely gory and dwelling and I can see why there were a number of theatre goers that either walked out or passed out during the movie. It's over the top and then some and actually took me out of the movie several times. The movie definitely slows down when a few characters go into explanation mode and it's extremely predictable what certain characters fates will be after talking up Art. With the cost of this movie only being 2 million. I expect to see Art return.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Terrifier 3

It's Art The Clown :dunno:

You should know what to expect from this franchise by now. Everything has been multiplied.

The body horror is top notch. Acting and budget have gotten better with the influx of money.

I had no problem eating with the gore. During some movies it has made me lose my appetite, but this didn't.

Only issues for me really was the supernatural, my eyes start to gloss over and I felt it was too long. A horror movie should be over an hour and 45 max.

Last edited:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Wild Robot

PRAISE: DreamWorks Animation has once again dreamed up and animated film with strong family themes,heart and wonderful blends of animation. The story about an intelligent robot called Roz is stranded on an uninhabited island but overflowing with wildlife that learns to adapt and adopt. Anyone that has ever watched a series or film about wildlife can definitely see the movie gets a lot of things right about animals,their survival and communities. Sometimes the facts about the wild are combined with some dark humor, one scene in particular made me say : Wait did they just do that ?!? There's some great voice work from the entire cast including : Lupita Nyong'o, Pedro Pascal, Kit Connor, and Bill Nighy. There are a lot of strong messages in the film about life,acceptance and the environment but i didn't feel like i was being hit over the head with it. I liked the message of what kind of impact a parent can have on a child and how one never really stops being a parent or loving a child. The animation is sharp and creative with tons of great detail.

PROBLEMS: I found a few moments to be predictable. The climax felt like a carbon copy of so many animated films I've watched over the years.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8½