Music Debate: 50 Cent Blasts Lord Jamar Over His Scathing Comments About Eminem

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Pretty much. I think those who know hip hop, including Eminem himself, know he's not topping anyone's list.

That respect has been 360 since forever and a day now.

Hov said it best, "they put me on the cover cause I earn for them..." which is what Marshall does. No more no less.
Absolutely right. That cover doesn't mean shit in terms of who anyone think is the best or the greatest. This is just a reach to be mad for no reason which it seems Jamar does a lot. :smh:

cB6Ba6.jpg

dekaderse

Star
Platinum Member
Thats actually one of beats playing in the background!!..what site is this?,would love to know how they got my beat!!

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you want to know why white people love Eminem? It's obvious but I guess I got to say it.

HE TALKS ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE SHIT!

He talks about being from a trailer park, with an abusive mom, getting drunk, popping pills and eating mushrooms, going to rehab, not fitting in with black people...

That's hip hop right? Most...if not every...white rapper not named Eminem has tried their best to prove they are as black as the rappers standing next to them. They have tried to fit in or over compensate for their whiteness.

Eminem said fuck that I'm white and I'm nice with the bars. He talked about him, where he was from, what he experienced. And it was white people shit. That's why white people love him.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you want to know why white people love Eminem? It's obvious but I guess I got to say it.

HE TALKS ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE SHIT!

He talks about being from a trailer park, with an abusive mom, getting drunk, popping pills and eating mushrooms, going to rehab, not fitting in with black people...

That's hip hop right? Most...if not every...white rapper not named Eminem has tried their best to prove they are as black as the rappers standing next to them. They have tried to fit in or over compensate for their whiteness.

Eminem said fuck that I'm white and I'm nice with the bars. He talked about him, where he was from, what he experienced. And it was white people shit. That's why white people love him.
I think honestly he had the machine behind him. He just fit the whole "rebellious fuck your parents" persona that many artists before him had. Kids who didn't like N'Sync, Britney Spears, etc. needed cac to gravitate too and Em fit the bill.

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think honestly he had the machine behind him. He just fit the whole "rebellious fuck your parents" persona that many artists before him had. Kids who didn't like N'Sync, Britney Spears, etc. needed cac to gravitate too and Em fit the bill.

And he was talented...

If it were just about being white and rebellious then 3rd Bass would be astronomical right now.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And he was talented...

If it were just about being white and rebellious then 3rd Bass would be astronomical right now.

Yeah he was talented too. Not taking that from Em.

And 3rd Bass got lost in the shuffle. They just like others came out at the wrong time. Em's timing was perfect. TRL was just getting off the ground and at that time who was the rebellious artist to gravitate to? He fit the mold to the T. He was a cac, blue eyes, co-signed by a hip hop legend, backed by Interscope and he was anti-N'Sync. Its like when Kanye came out too. Kanye filled a void in mainstream music. There were plenty of guys like Kanye but none on a mainstream level.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Absolutely right. That cover doesn't mean shit in terms of who anyone think is the best or the greatest. This is just a reach to be mad for no reason which it seems Jamar does a lot. :smh:

cB6Ba6.jpg
Out of all the rappers that ever came out since hip-hop music started being played nationwide, Rolling Stone -one of the top two American music publications- featured this white rapper TEN times.

They also featured the Beastie Boys 3 times - 4, if you include a cover of Adam Yauch.

...Because whites want to be on top of everything.

To deny that white America hasn’t elevated Eminem to rap god status is to deny reality.

To address what Jay-Z said, for an artist to sell the most records in the U.S. means a majority of the buyers are white. Even if one went along with that to explain Eminem’s being on Rolling Stone’s cover, it still doesn’t justify a white rapper being on their cover twice more than Jay and 10 times more than other Black rappers that graced their cover. All of this reeks of that Elvis Presley shit.

They’ve been doing this with OUR music going back to the beginning of the 20th century up to the present day.

This is what Lord Jamar has been addressing when he speaks of Eminem and other CAC rappers: white people colonizing our culture.

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Out of all the rappers that ever came out since hip-hop music started being played nationwide, Rolling Stone -one of the top two American music publications- featured this white rapper TEN times.

They also featured the Beastie Boys 3 times - 4, if you include a cover of Adam Yauch.

To deny that white America hasn’t elevated Eminem to rap god status is to deny reality.

To address what Jay-Z said, for an artist to sell the most records in the U.S. means a majority of the buyers are white. Even if one went along with that to explain Eminem’s being on Rolling Stone’s cover, it still doesn’t justify a white rapper being on their cover twice more than Jay and 10 times more than other Black rappers that graced their cover. All of this reeks of that Elvis Presley shit.

They’ve been doing this with OUR music going back to the beginning of the 20th century up to the present day.

This is what Lord Jamar has been addressing when he speaks of Eminem and other CAC rappers: white people colonizing our culture.

Where are the other white rappers doing what Eminem is doing? At his level? With his sales? :dunno:

This is why I hear that shit but I don't buy into it. Read my post. He relates to the audience that is buying the music. He's respected by the culture that created it.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

I can't name 10 friends of mine who consistently reads the fuckin Rolling Stone magazine dude. That shit has zero bearings or influence on what people like and why. It's a reach. Fuck them crakkkas and whatever they maybe thinking.

AjE8bM.jpg

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fif must need some new beef cuz Jamar been saying this shit for years. Personally, I think Em is nice as fuck, but on a Canibus level. Super nice, but most niggas ain't riding around bumping their shit, so Jamar is right on that front.

When I'm in traffic all I hear is "wiggin da woggin da wonna AYE". Either everyone is listening to the exact same song, or all of today's rap sounds exactly the same. Em raps different from everyone else, his beats are different than everyone else, his content is different from everyone else. Just because someone isn't banging it in their car doesn't take away from his talent. No one is banging Bach or Beethoven...and they are legendary composers. Whatever problem he has with Em is personal and not based on music, and I wish he would just say that instead of dancing around it with all these reasons.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Where are the other white rappers doing what Eminem is doing? At his level? With his sales? :dunno:

This is why I hear that shit but I don't buy into it. Read my post. He relates to the audience that is buying the music. He's respected by the culture that created it.
I read your posts.

I didn’t say he lacked talent. Elvis wasn’t lacking in talent either. Read what I said: whites are the majority of buyers of rap music, they support their own.

Historically, they also consistently have given their own artists who do Black music, god status.

The first jazz biopics were about white artists...Al Jolson, Glen Miller, Benny Goodman

The first biopic about a rapper was Eight Mile.

Elvis Presley, “King” of Rock and Roll

They nicknamed Eric Clapton, “God”

Need I go on?

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I can't name 10 friends of mine who consistently reads the fuckin Rolling Stone magazine dude. That shit has zero bearings or influence on what people like and why. It's a reach. Fuck them crakkkas and whatever they maybe thinking.

AjE8bM.jpg
I totally agree with the bolded part. Fuck em. They don’t define us.

...But whites have been and are the ones overwhelmingly controlling media, so as American society goes, they have created a narrative that much of mainstream society has followed.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For me PERSONALLY. Lord Jamal infinitely has effected my life more then EM. I have never listened to an Em song or album on my own. It doesnt resonate with my experience. He has a handful of songs that Im like ok white boy can spit, but he has gotten a pass in hip hop because of his 'fan base' and ability to sell. I HAVE NEVER been with cats and they been like YO throw on that EM.

In contrast been at a spot in the BX and cats put on Slow Down, or 'Insert much of Brand Nubians Catalog'

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read your posts.

I didn’t say he lacked talent. Elvis wasn’t lacking in talent either. Read what I said: whites are the majority of buyers of rap music, they support their own.

Historically, they also consistently have given their own artists who do Black music, god status.

The first jazz biopics were about white artists...Al Jolson, Glen Miller, Benny Goodman

The first biopic about a rapper was Eight Mile.

Elvis Presley, “King” of Rock and Roll

They nicknamed Eric Clapton, “God”

Need I go on?

Elvis was definitely lacking in talent. People always bring up Elvis. Elvis didn't write or produce. Elvis took songs that were sung by black people and redid them as his own.

My point is Eminem never made music to try and make black people happy. He was with Dre but Dre gave him shit that no other black artist would rap over. Eminem is unapologetic white.

What he did that was "black" was battle rap. And he won. A lot. That's what gave him his street cred. He's not Elvis.

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
- 50 is 50. You already know what you're gonna be dealing with on that front.
- Em is nicer than nice. There's no getting around it. There is no generational divide with white people who think he's the greatest; as @Andeyhollawho pointed out, Em speaks to things that are relevant to them. Nothing wrong with that, that's the whole point of our oral tradition in the first place. Of course they'll crown him. That has nothing to do with us. Smarten up and keep your own publications and stop cashing out when your businesses get to a certain size and you feel a little pressure from these snakes.
- Jamar is determined to not grow older gracefully. He will open his yap for anybody who sticks a mic in his face, and he will be exploited accordingly.
- Fuck a Complex, fuck Vlad, fuck WSHH, fuck shaderoom, fuck MTO, fuck TMZ, fuck social media gossipmongers, fuck every last one ah dem. Leeches all. They get no play around me and mine.

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
- 50 is 50. You already know what you're gonna be dealing with on that front.
- Em is nicer than nice. There's no getting around it. There is no generational divide with white people who think he's the greatest; as @Andeyhollawho pointed out, Em speaks to things that are relevant to them. Nothing wrong with that, that's the whole point of our oral tradition in the first place. Of course they'll crown him. That has nothing to do with us. Smarten up and keep your own publications and stop cashing out when your businesses get to a certain size and you feel a little pressure from these snakes.
- Jamar is determined to not grow older gracefully. He will open his yap for anybody who sticks a mic in his face, and he will be exploited accordingly.
- Fuck a Complex, fuck Vlad, fuck WSHH, fuck shaderoom, fuck MTO, fuck TMZ, fuck social media gossipmongers, fuck every last one ah dem. Leeches all. They get no play around me and mine.

You made an excellent point bruh. People say how many times Eminem has been on the cover of Rolling Stone...

How many times was he on the cover of The Source? Vibe? Rap Pages? :dunno:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get what Jamar is saying and I agree Black fans in general don't put Eminem in their "Top #" list. I got Em in the music files, but he doesn't really see much rotation. But calling him wack is a step too salty though. If Eminem was out here calling himself the greatest , then I'd say go at his head, but as Jamar stated it's white listeners that are putting Eminem above all. That ain't his fault, that's just how it goes when the majority of the country is white. They are going to relate to a white rapper more so. I do love that Jamar talks that shit though. :lol:

Last edited:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jamar should stop the talking and just straight up rap battle: Eminem
Nah, he's admitted Em is a better lyricist than him, but Jamar says Em is wack because of the lyrical content ie, killing your mom and other silly shit etc. So basically it's a matter of relating Em's songs.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Nah, he's admitted Em is a better lyricist than him, but Jamar says Em is wack because of the lyrical content ie, killing your mom and other silly shit etc. So basically it's a matter of relating Em's songs.
no doubt, but why does he keep on saying it, keep on throwing ems name out there when he
could be using any platform he gets to talk about the dope rappers still killing it with that boombap
right now. I got friends who do radio shows, nothing but that authentic dope shit, they don't waste
not one second even mentioning rappers they think are wack. Instead week in week out they big up
the emerging underground and the legends who are still killing it. People choose what to waste their time on.

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
You made an excellent point bruh. People say how many times Eminem has been on the cover of Rolling Stone...

How many times was he on the cover of The Source? Vibe? Rap Pages? :dunno:

I can't say for sure about Rap Pages. You can't really look at those other mags as really being different from Rolling Stone either if we're being honest. The staff and writers were largely black but the ownership...we saw how that went. Source, XXL and Vibe would have all pandered to Eminem just like they did anyone else who was hot in the moment. Those things were expensive, I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of the readership was white kids, just as with album purchases. Once Em started beefing with Benzino/The Source things would only have gotten more skewed that way because of the notoriety. Besides, their only focus was sales...Benzino for sure wasn't about to pass up any chance at crossover appeal. Elliott Wilson same thing. It's why they ultimately flopped.

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
When it comes to bars, Em has them. He is really good with words and word play. That being said; he wouldn't have done as well as he has if he wasn't white. He knows this; hell, he's made reference to him being Elvis thing, but the man does have talent, and is blessed with a gift. Is he the King of Rap? GTFOH!!!!

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I'm so tired of this nigga Curtis man. How are you this old and still acting like this? He's gonna die bitter and alone for no reason.

This statement could just as easily apply to Jamar though if we being honest.

Actually Jamar is worse IMO since does all of his trolling and shit talking on someone else's platform which they (not Jamar) benefits from financially. At least 50 does it on his own shit.

Both of them need to grow the fuck up IMO.

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
no doubt, but why does he keep on saying it, keep on throwing ems name out there when he
could be using any platform he gets to talk about the dope rappers still killing it with that boombap
right now. I got friends who do radio shows, nothing but that authentic dope shit, they don't waste
not one second even mentioning rappers they think are wack. Instead week in week out they big up
the emerging underground and the legends who are still killing it. People choose what to waste their time on.

Jamar is doing what everyone else looking for fame does with Eminem...

Talk shit about him so people will pay attention to them. Then if Em pays attention to them that's even more fame and money.

It usually backfires though because if Em disses you and you can't respond hard enough to catch his attention again your career is over.

Ask Benzino and The Source...