Music Debate: 50 Cent Blasts Lord Jamar Over His Scathing Comments About Eminem

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Elvis was definitely lacking in talent. People always bring up Elvis. Elvis didn't write or produce. Elvis took songs that were sung by black people and redid them as his own.

My point is Eminem never made music to try and make black people happy. He was with Dre but Dre gave him shit that no other black artist would rap over. Eminem is unapologetic white.

What he did that was "black" was battle rap. And he won. A lot. That's what gave him his street cred. He's not Elvis.
Naw. Elvis could sing and he could dance.

...for a white boy.

He just couldn’t sing and dance as nearly well as Black folks of his time like Little Richard, Jackie Wilson, James Brown or Chuck Berry whom CACs conveniently ignored when declaring a “King of Rock and Roll.”

I said nothing about whether or not Eminem or Elvis did songs to make Black people happy, or whether either of them produced or wrote their own shit. That’s immaterial.

I showed how both of them are part of a pattern of whites colonizing our culture by bestowing godlike status on their entertainers copying our music. Whites have been and are still in charge of almost all of Western mass media and through that media have always been able to propagate that perception.

Both Elvis and Eminem benefited from a white controlled entertainment industry that elevated them to a higher status than Black artists as these entertainers performed Black genres of music.

That’s just two white entertainers out of many who were afforded those same privileges.

I remember around 2000 debating with brothas that swore Eminem was the coldest emcee to pick up a mic. Without education on how the system is rigged against us and about the exploitation of Black culture by whites, some of us have been complicit in their colonizing.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jamar is doing what everyone else looking for fame does with Eminem...

Talk shit about him so people will pay attention to them. Then if Em pays attention to them that's even more fame and money.

It usually backfires though because if Em disses you and you can't respond hard enough to catch his attention again your career is over.

Ask Benzino and The Source...

That Nail in the Coffin song was vicious.

If you're that much of a gangsta, put the mic down!
You should be out killin' motherfuckers right now
Kill a motherfucker dead, kill him dead, bitch!
Shoot 'em in the fuckin' head—go ahead, bitch!
Slap my mom! Slap the fuck out of her!
She can't sue you, she wouldn't get a buck out of ya

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
- 50 is 50. You already know what you're gonna be dealing with on that front.
- Em is nicer than nice. There's no getting around it. There is no generational divide with white people who think he's the greatest; as @Andeyhollawho pointed out, Em speaks to things that are relevant to them. Nothing wrong with that, that's the whole point of our oral tradition in the first place. Of course they'll crown him. That has nothing to do with us. Smarten up and keep your own publications and stop cashing out when your businesses get to a certain size and you feel a little pressure from these snakes.
The point of OUR oral tradition is for whites to speak things relevant to them? Ionno about that. I learned the African oral tradition was an ancient method of passing an accurate telling of historical events down through the generations.

I agree with what you said about us keeping our own publications (and media outlets) and not cashing out.
- Jamar is determined to not grow older gracefully. He will open his yap for anybody who sticks a mic in his face, and he will be exploited accordingly.
He’s stayed pretty consistent on the topic of culture vultures. With Dick Gregory gone and Min Farrakhan up in age, I like hearing from people like him that speak out against the cultural colonization of our creations.
- Fuck a Complex, fuck Vlad, fuck WSHH, fuck shaderoom, fuck MTO, fuck TMZ, fuck social media gossipmongers, fuck every last one ah dem. Leeches all. They get no play around me and mine.
Fuck em all.

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
Do you want to know why white people love Eminem? It's obvious but I guess I got to say it.

HE TALKS ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE SHIT!

He talks about being from a trailer park, with an abusive mom, getting drunk, popping pills and eating mushrooms, going to rehab, not fitting in with black people...

That's hip hop right? Most...if not every...white rapper not named Eminem has tried their best to prove they are as black as the rappers standing next to them. They have tried to fit in or over compensate for their whiteness.

Eminem said fuck that I'm white and I'm nice with the bars. He talked about him, where he was from, what he experienced. And it was white people shit. That's why white people love him.

Them devils are just being on code. :smh:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Rolling Stone had Eminem on the cover 10 times - the most of any rapper.

The next highest number was Jay-Z with 6.

The Beastie Boys had 3 covers.

As Black rappers go, only Dr. Dre, Snoop, Tupac, Run DMC, Little Wayne, Kendrick Lamar had 2 or 3.

Whites have always looked for a “Great White Hope” when it comes to OUR music. The (white owned and run) media definitely elevated Eminem above any other living rapper.

Rolling Stone mag is for a white audience and as a business they will cater to their audience.

Im not comcerned with who they put on their covers, just like i wouldn't accept them telling us who should feature in our media.

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
The point of OUR oral tradition is for whites to speak things relevant to them? Ionno about that. I learned the African oral tradition was a still relevant ancient method of provide an accurate telling of historical events.

Nah. No one outside of us is going to use our traditions to benefit us, that's a given. I'm not about to expect Eminem to speak for us.

The purpose is to speak on what you see, tell the truth to power and do so in a way that relates to the concerns of your people. His people listen to him because he spits on things they can relate to, and elevate him as a result. I'm not saying we should do the same, far from it. He's simply taught himself to be very, very skilled at what came from us.

As far as Jamar, hearing him speak up is one thing; him whoring himself out as content for others' platforms is another thing entirely.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Rolling Stone mag is for a white audience and as a business they will cater to their audience.

Im not concerned with who they put on their covers, just like i wouldn't accept them telling us who should feature in our media.
White supremacy is what it is, Brother.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This statement could just as easily apply to Jamar though if we being honest.

Actually Jamar is worse IMO since does all of his trolling and shit talking on someone else's platform which they (not Jamar) benefits from financially. At least 50 does it on his own shit.

Both of them need to grow the fuck up IMO.
I'm not familiar with Jamar. I never heard him troll but shit I'm not even talking about the trolling. This nigga Curtis takes it too far. Acting like a 15 year old girl.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
That shit ain't healthy man. And folks worried about Rolling Stones like it's a black rag. :smh:
Right. Fuck dat magazine.

4uyqCX.jpg

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whites have always looked for a “Great White Hope” when it comes to OUR music. The (white owned and run) media definitely elevated Eminem above any other living rapper.
yeah,
they did to a point. MTV especially they was on his DICK HARD!!!!.
But lyrically, HANDS DOWN!
Em will shit on I'd say 75% of black rappers.
his 1st 2 albums...
:itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap:

I did'nt like "My name is."
My man copped his album for me and I was shocked...

US album sales at over 32.2 million
50 platinum album certifications

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck 50 and EM too. 50 been a whole bitch. Quick to always come at a brotha or sista. And niggas talking that EM changed his life is bullshit. 50 got an opportunity and ran with it. EM ain't no damn kingmaker. Fuck outta here with the bullshit.

dadamaja

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i only got 1 em song saved to my hd and thats off his first cd, guilty conscience and thats a corny song as well but i like the back and forth with him and dre on it and i like the video, but i dont bump that shit, even that tupac cd he produced i didnt like, not saying he cant rap but aint nobody i know bump this dude, only song i bump with him on it is renegade

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
:lol: @ cats afraid to admit they like Em! I like dude, because his word play is nice. The collab he did with Redman is still one of my faves. His latest stuff, I'm not a huge fan of, but he's got enough old stuff for me to rock.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Loyalty only goes so far. Em didn’t step in stop interscope from fucking him, or kicking him off the beats investment

50 a bitch for this. He need to fight this hard
For something worth it, Jam master jay or tone and poke, they really put him on
yeah i used to feel like that too. but dre is the one who gave him the chance. so i get why he stayed out of that.