NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What goals do you want from your squad this offseason??

As a Nets fan, I just want us to develop of young talent. Bring in a PG or two and work on making our DLeague team a staple.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
For Indiana, I'd like to re-sign Mahinmi. Drafting a center would make the front court too inexperienced. Or they could move Turner to center, let Mahinmi walk and bring in a legit PF.

Get rid of Ellis and CJ. Bring in a shooting guard that can shoot consistently. Shore up the bench. And that's about it for now. Probably not going to happen at all, but those are my wishes.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
What goals do you want from your squad this offseason??

As a Nets fan, I just want us to develop of young talent. Bring in a PG or two and work on making our DLeague team a staple.
LA needs to spend wisely. Don't give a big contract to a mediocre player. I'd go after Derozan, because I don't think Russell is ready to lead. Or get a vet PG to back him up.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LA needs to spend wisely. Don't give a big contract to a mediocre player. I'd go after Derozan, because I don't think Russell is ready to lead. Or get a vet PG to back him up.

Would you swing a trade to get Okafor?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
You think Clarkson can run point?
He can, and he's proven to be better than Russel, maybe this year he can improve more with no Kobe and his assist will go up. But if Derozan arrives, Clarkson goes to the bench and I would still keep him on the team.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would be dope if my Nets could swing a trade for Wilson Chandler with the Nuggets looking to draft Jaylen Brown from Cali

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Dwane Casey to sign $18 million extension, per reports

The Toronto Raptors have agreed to terms with coach Dwane Casey on a three-year, $18 million extension, according to multiple reports.

According to reports, Casey's new deal will run through the 2018-19 season.

Shortly after Toronto's season ended with a loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference finals, the team began talks about an extension with Casey, ESPN's Marc Stein reported last week.

Casey had one season left on his current contract at the Raptors' option for $4 million.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
NBA AM: Is Derrick Rose On His Way Out?
Lots Of Draft Scuttle

Derrick Rose On The Move?
Yesterday, ESPN’s Chad Ford and Marc Steinrevealed that the Minnesota Timberwolves are gearing up for a hefty offer to the Chicago Bulls for guard Jimmy Butler, suggesting a package built around the fifth overall pick and several roster players.

There is little doubt that sounds attractive to the Timberwolves. But, as the report points out, the Bulls are not actively considering trading Butler – at least not yet. League sources in Italy say the Bulls are actively open to moving guard Derrick Rose and that seems to be the first choice rather than shopping Butler.

Rose is entering the final year of his deal and has commented numerous times on the ballooning salary cap and his next contract, much to the dismay of the Bulls front office and a large number of Bulls fans. Add that to an on-again, off-again intensity and there is a sense that both sides would welcome a change, especially with Rose entering a free agent year.

At this point, it’s unclear which teams (if anyone) has made a real offer for Rose, especially given his $21.3 million salary. But it was said a few times that the name being talked about most among teams and scouts in Italy was not Butler, but rather Rose and there is a sense that a team that misses on a starting-caliber point guard in free agency may turn to the Bulls.

In July, most of the league would have the cap space to simply absorb Rose’s contract, but doing anything that gets finalized around the draft would require a lot of salary to change hands. It is not uncommon for teams to agree to deal terms on something that gets finalized in the new cap year around the draft, so it’s possible something unfolds next week. However, it seems unlikely at this point.

Where do the Bulls go for a point guard, you ask? Other scuttle from Italy is that Vanderbilt guard Wade Baldwin may have what’s called a “soft promise” from the Bulls at No. 14. The problem with a soft promise is there is no guarantee for the Bulls that Baldwin will be there when they draft or that a more attractive player won’t fall to them.

League sources pegged Baldwin and Notre Dame’s Demetrius Jackson as the top options for the Bulls at 14 and that moving Rose this summer seems to be what the Bulls are thinking. That’s at least the talk from Eurocamp.

Bulls sources have maintained since the end of the season that they were going to look at all possibilities in trade and around the draft, so rumors about Butler or Rose should not be surprising. The question is, will the Bulls ultimately pull the trigger on something? At this point, they seem pretty open to conversations.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rose is entering the final year of his deal and has commented numerous times on the ballooning salary cap and his next contract, much to the dismay of the Bulls front office and a large number of Bulls fans. Add that to an on-again, off-again intensity and there is a sense that both sides would welcome a change, especially with Rose entering a free agent year.

At this point, it’s unclear which teams (if anyone) has made a real offer for Rose, especially given his $21.3 million salary. But it was said a few times that the name being talked about most among teams and scouts in Italy was not Butler, but rather Rose and there is a sense that a team that misses on a starting-caliber point guard in free agency may turn to the Bulls.

Rose got some damn nerve too

Ain't been earning the deal he got and already talking about his next one

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I say the Lakers stay where they are, Draft Ingram and Tank again. Let's see what the team can do without the specter of Kobe looming over the team. I can wait another year.

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep. I'm not sold on Russel. Let him go and chase Derozan
While the kid does dumb things off the court I think he can be a good PG with that size and a couple more years to develop. DeMar to me is a decent payer but not worth max money. I know someone most likely the Lakers will sign him to a max deal though.

MonkeyBizness

Man of the People
Registered
Chicago's front office is doing cartwheels knowing they'll finally be done with Rose and that awful contract. Dude's been posturing for a new contract two years ago. :smh: He's in for a shock when he hits the open market.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How is he a clown tho? He knows the Bulls ain't about to do shit and he is injury prone get all that money from those greedy owners D.Rose!!!
Hes a fucking clown because while in the midst of a max deal in which he has effectively missed 2 years and change, he talks to poor people about trying to get another max deal when asked about contributing to his current team. Are you fucking kidding me!?

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How is he a clown tho? He knows the Bulls ain't about to do shit and he is injury prone get all that money from those greedy owners D.Rose!!!

Clown may be a bit harsh, but he just proved what many Bull fans have thought since the first time he didn't come back. Dude is in it for the money. And thats fine... Just get it from someone else. When he said that his rep was already bad. It was just one more reason to be done with him. Dudes game hasnt even improved, he's still dependent on athleticism and with all that time off he didn't improve shit. Can't hit an open J if P.J.s life depended on it, doesn't play D, doesn't make plays for other people, doesn't hustle........... Phuckem, good riddance.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Hes a fucking clown because while in the midst of a max deal in which he has effectively missed 2 years and change, he talks to poor people about trying to get another max deal when asked about contributing to his current team. Are you fucking kidding me!?
Yo my man

Watch you mouth

You getting disrespectful and I don't like it

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Poor people? Can you explain I don't really follow the NBA like thr NFL.

But I mean shit he is always hurt and yea he should be in it for the money I think he knows his playing time is almost over. Another one of those "if he only stayed healthy" stories

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Clown may be a bit harsh, but he just proved what many Bull fans have thought since the first time he didn't come back. Dude is in it for the money. And thats fine... Just get it from someone else. When he said that his rep was already bad. It was just one more reason to be done with him. Dudes game hasnt even improved, he's still dependent on athleticism and with all that time off he didn't improve shit. Can't hit an open J if P.J.s life depended on it, doesn't play D, doesn't make plays for other people, doesn't hustle........... Phuckem, good riddance.
Smh

U want the chris duhon days back huh