Nearly a million people in Houston without power due to storm

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
840k without power. That's 40% of Houston

Really think it's going to be a while too because these were major power lines that supply areas across the state.

Was crazy as hell but lasted a quick 30-40 mins.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
840k without power. That's 40% of Houston

Really think it's going to be a while too because these were major power lines that supply areas across the state.

Was crazy as hell but lasted a quick 30-40 mins.

Them transformers folded up like aluminum foil

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Last time the glass blew out the windows downtown was Hurricane Ike in 2008.

This shit today came in fast and furious
I really don't remember this much damage like I've seen today. Today I'm seeing all the vids and this is wild. Was a lot of skyscrapers hit

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really don't remember this much damage like I've seen today. Today I'm seeing all the vids and this is wild. Was a lot of skyscrapers hit

I remember Ike, trees down, and glass all over downtown. Crazy shit about ike was at one time the entire city was dark. There was a curfew and hpd was rolling around pulling everyone over at night. I was working 12 to 16 hour shifts getting off at 2 and 3am. Got on the beltway towards 59 overpass and the wjole city was pitch black.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn that's fucked up. :smh:

KJqVaP.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Houston never catches a break during storms......

i gotta get my ass outta Augusta in the morning before that storm cell hits here.

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My electric vehicle can power all the electricity in my entire house for over a week. If the lights go out, I plug my house up to my EV truck and wait until they fix the outage.
I got a 500W inverter and a 50 foot extension cord. When the power goes out I hook them up to the car and run it into my bedroom window. It powers the TV, cable/internet box and desk light. In the garage I have a 1400 watt generator still new in the box for the pass 3 years :smh:

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
I’m one of those without power
Had roof repairs done earlier today and then the storm came. No generator, home is practically sold, next place will get. Generac.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
When they get rid of gas vehicles and everything runs off electricity it is going to be awesome

You might be joking, but Solar and electricity would solve alot of these outages. Instead of a large grid system that can go out, houses will power themselves and be able to contribute to the system. It will be far more reliable than anything we have now. I highly suspect that Texas will be the first state to implement this system at a large scale.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where are you seeing the videos?
My electric vehicle can power all the electricity in my entire house for over a week. If the lights go out, I plug my house up to my EV truck and wait until they fix the outage.
How do you do that??? Like, what I’m your house allows that to happen?