Nearly a million people in Houston without power due to storm

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You might be joking, but Solar and electricity would solve alot of these outages. Instead of a large grid system that can go out, houses will power themselves and be able to contribute to the system. It will be far more reliable than anything we have now. I highly suspect that Texas will be the first state to implement this system at a large scale.
Not a chance in hell. Solar and electric are too "woke" for Texas.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Know too many now without power. At least 7 peeps I've heard from.

Told them come thru if needed be but I really feel like this won't be a quick fix seeing how many of them major lines were down.

Of all the past storms, can't recall major power lines being down. I remember regular lines and transformers, but the major supply lines all over houston is crazy.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I generated wind reports from this storm system that passed through Houston and New Orleans.

78 mph wind was reported in Houston, and 84 mph was reported in NO.

kl-IX-maxwind-20240516-20240517.jpg

khgx-maxwind-20240516-20240517.jpg

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of the weather reports are really confirming tornados. They saying it was straight line winds that caused the damage. 120mph winds 2000 feet from the ground.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
When they get rid of gas vehicles and everything runs off electricity it is going to be awesome

My electric vehicle can power all the electricity in my entire house for over a week. If the lights go out, I plug my house up to my EV truck and wait until they fix the outage.

I got a 500W inverter and a 50 foot extension cord. When the power goes out I hook them up to the car and run it into my bedroom window. It powers the TV, cable/internet box and desk light. In the garage I have a 1400 watt generator still new in the box for the pass 3 years :smh:

You might be joking, but Solar and electricity would solve alot of these outages. Instead of a large grid system that can go out, houses will power themselves and be able to contribute to the system. It will be far more reliable than anything we have now. I highly suspect that Texas will be the first state to implement this system at a large scale.

Solar panels and 3 Powerwalls here. As long as the sun continues to rise, we’re fine.
@Flawless would have been the last holdout with t his steam engine if this was back in the day! Lmao "these damn kids and their electric cars!" Energy.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
None of the weather reports are really confirming tornados. They saying it was straight line winds that caused the damage. 120mph winds 2000 feet from the ground.

I believe this. Wife sent me that tiktok I posted above with the tornado vid and I haven't seen anyone say they actually saw one touch down. Someone may of taken a vid from somewhere else and said it was Houston for likes.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I believe this. Wife sent me that tiktok I posted above with the tornado vid and I haven't seen anyone say they actually saw one touch down. Someone may of taken a vid from somewhere else and said it was Houston for likes.

Not even on radar was there an indication of a tornado. It was a clear and very power “bow echo” which is straight line winds.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit was crazy last night and this storm seemed to come out of nowhere.
A lot of people have down trees, fences, electric towers, etc. right now.
Thankfully, our part of town was spared from the worst but I've never seen a non-hurricane storm like that here in Houston.

Keyz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These weather events are getting more and more frequent. I saw a report the other day that the Atlantic water temperatures are currently what we see in August. Gonna be a rough hurricane season when it gets going.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
@Flawless would have been the last holdout with t his steam engine if this was back in the day! Lmao "these damn kids and their electric cars!" Energy.

Every fucking time Texas has some storm there is a blackout, so are telling me once more people are driving EV's Texas will finally fix the power grid issue to accommodate everyone driving electric cars and their homes at affordable prices? Oh yeah I forgot in this perfect future everyone will drive $100k vehicles with the upgraded battery spec that can power their house.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
These weather events are getting more and more frequent. I saw a report the other day that the Atlantic water temperatures are currently what we see in August. Gonna be a rough hurricane season when it gets going.
I told people that the abnormal temperatures in the oceans is causing a lot of these severe weather /flooding events across the world. This is why hurricane season may be a bitch this year.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Numbers are coming down
Now 684k without power.

My daughter jjust got power back in her apartment.
Wife's mom still has none, she has solar panels and that is providing no power, thought she would get some kind of juice from that, which is why I suspect they are a waste in instances like this.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Numbers are coming down
Now 684k without power.

My daughter jjust got power back in her apartment.
Wife's mom still has none, she has solar panels and that is providing no power, thought she would get some kind of juice from that, which is why I suspect they are a waste in instances like this.
That number is still a little high

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
How do you do that??? Like, what I’m your house allows that to happen?

When I had my EV charger installed in my garage, they also ran 240V wiring back to a Generac neutral switching transfer switch that is wired to my main 200 amp breaker panel for the whole house. When an outage happens, I can plug my truck up to the switch, and the whole house runs from my electric F-150. I've run the house in an outage that only lasted for just over 5 hours and that 5 hours took my battery from 72 percent, to 71. I've been waiting for an outage that lasts longer, just to see how efficient this system works. We love it though.

20240517-114707.jpg

20240517-114721.jpg

20240517-114747.jpg

20240517-114802.jpg

20240517-115023.jpg

20240517-115256.jpg

20240517-115612.jpg

20240517-125529.jpg

Last edited:

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
That an awesome set up with the vehicle to home on the f150. We have vehicle to load so cant do nearly as much but its still a plus

Last edited: