Netflix: Cobra Kai , Karate Kid TV Series (Official Season 6 thread)(Finally Season!!)

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
So many misdirections in the final episode.
I was hoping the Kreese angle remained true just so that Johnny would have gone mad and sought revenge.
The Chozen misdirection would have added so much depth if it stayed as is. Great final episode, but they kept true to the PG-13 theme.
I would have loved to see this take a dark and unthinkable turn.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Once again another fantastic season…

i love how this season really was all about the Adults… basically a redemption for the issues people had with Karate Kid 3… this was the first season where the stakes were high.

next season looks to be …. Setting up a Karate Kid 2 over seas tournament and I’m all for it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I do think We could get maybe two more seasons

im Very interested in learning more about the Way of the Fist and the grand daughter. Also going to Japan would allow us to see her students and the Americans fighting against Kats who have been doing this their entire life.

they kind of set up a bad news bears time of season.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@APOPHIS

I had to edit my reply, lol. Got my actors mixed up and thought the Stingray actor was in the Black Bird series. He isn’t. But they look alike. The dude in Black Bird did a great job with that role nonetheless, and Stingray’s subtle comedic chops are solid as well.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
@APOPHIS

I had to edit my reply, lol. Got my actors mixed up and thought the Stingray actor was in the Black Bird series. He isn’t. But they look alike. The dude in Black Bird did a great job with that role nonetheless, and Stingray’s subtle comedic chops are solid as well.

No problem.
I've always appreciated and respected actors who win an audience's heart through antithetical plot line humor.
(When it's well done) :cool:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@APOPHIS

No problem.
I've always appreciated and respected actors who win an audience's heart through antithetical plot line humor.

@Helico-pterFunk it's the same dude...

Paul Walter Hauser is the same dude that plays Stingray. Dude is just an amazing actor.... that's why I'm tripping that my man is still willing to play stingray.

He was fantastic in BETAS

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Slow cap for cobra Kai.. like I said first series I watched since oz..it brought me back in to watch “television “ again a few yrs ago.. every season has been good to me..I even copped a cobra Kai t-shirt last yr (don’t judge me).. finally something brought back from the past that was done right..more slow caps

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Slow cap for cobra Kai.. like I said first series I watched since oz..it brought me back in to watch “television “ again a few yrs ago.. every season has been good to me..I even copped a cobra Kai t-shirt last yr (don’t judge me).. finally something brought back from the past that was done right..more slow caps

Agreed. They’re taking their time with the series, and expanding the source material while also paying homage to the original storylines and giving fuller character arcs. Pretty damn impressive. Loved the quick turnaround for this season too as last season aired less than a year ago.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Helico-pterFunk it's the same dude...

Paul Walter Hauser is the same dude that plays Stingray. Dude is just an amazing actor.... that's why I'm tripping that my man is still willing to play stingray.

He was fantastic in BETAS

Fonz - thanks for the clarification. Too funny - that initial link I googled had the wrong actor listed which
threw me off. Yeah - he was great in Black Bird. Showed off his acting chops amazingly. I still need to see Richard Jewell. But he was also very good in Queenpins and Silk Road. Thanks for the intel about Betas!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
No problem.

Co-sign. As long as it’s well done and he’s one of the better actors around these days. Watching him blend that vibe of being simple, but also creepy / menacing on Black Bird was quite the watch. My parents each saw the series individually too and were like “that performance ... wow”

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Co-sign. As long as it’s well done and he’s one of the better actors around these days. Watching him blend that vibe of being simple, but also creepy / menacing on Black Bird was quite the watch. My parents each saw the series individually too and were like “that performance ... wow”

Not familiar with Black Bird but soon will be. :cool:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

One of Ray Liotta’s last roles.

Good overall cast and Stingray’s performance gets even better each episode. His voice / delivery will make you cringe ... watch the acting from his co-lead who is often trying to read him.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member

Thanks for sharing.
I will find it on Netflix and watch this weekend.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Might need to find a stream or download - believe it's on Apple+

No doubt - you're welcome. Let us know what you think when you see it.

Bruh, you lied. He is nothing like Stingray!
I was expecting comedy and lightheartedness.
This miniseries was some really dark, twisted shit and sadly based on a true sorry that remains unsolved.
I could almost feel the evil emitting from the screen...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Bruh, you lied. He is nothing like Stingray!
I was expecting comedy and lightheartedness.
This miniseries was some really dark, twisted shit and sadly based on a true sorry that remains unsolved.
I could almost feel the evil emitting from the screen...

Nah man - that’s exactly what I meant. A crime drama with him playing simple, but evil. What a performance, huh? Showing off those acting chops.

:thumbsup:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
His range is impressive.
The way he described in detail the process of killing victims is beyond psychopathic.

Really showed his acting chops, right? Comparing that role to the light & comedic on Cobra Kai.

His voice and cadence / delivery on Black Bird.

Our favorite scenes were when he would be suspicious of the other guy. I.E. - "Why are you asking so many questions?"

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
@APOPHIS

Which other series are you currently checking out of late?

Only "House of Dragons "for now.

If you are looking for a movie that perfectly combines light humor, heartbreak, and action into one, I highly recommend you watch R&R on Netflix. It's a Bollywood film based on historical freedom fighters with a lot of creative freedom about their lives and friendship--Bollywood embellishes everything. I really got invested in the story--long watch but worth the three 3-hour run time.

Really showed his acting chops, right? Comparing that role to the light & comedic on Cobra Kai.

His voice and cadence / delivery on Black Bird.

Our favorite scenes were when he would be suspicious of the other guy. I.E. - "Why are you asking so many questions?"

Agreed.
I see him as the next Black Jack with a little bit of Chris Farley but with more subtlety than both.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Only "House of Dragons "for now.

If you are looking for a movie that perfectly combines light humor, heartbreak, and action into one, I highly recommend you watch R&R on Netflix. It's a Bollywood film based on historical freedom fighters with a lot of creative freedom about their lives and friendship--Bollywood embellishes everything. I really got invested in the story--long watch but worth the three 3-hour run time.

Agreed.
I see him as the next Black Jack with a little bit of Chris Farley but with more subtlety than both.

Nice. Got a few coworkers currently watching House of the Dragon and The Rings of Power.

Good comparison to Black and Farley. Especially as he continues to build his resume and become more well-known. Like you said, more subtle than them in his approach as they were so good with physical comedy.

Been meaning to check out the RRR movie for some time. Have it lined up in the queue. Have heard the buzz from viewers and critics alike.

We're currently watching The Wire rewatch (just finished season 3), City on a Hill, Reservation Dogs & The Patient.

Recently finished Mo, Cobra Kai, and Only Murders in the Building.

Need to circle back to This Fool and Justified. Also, about at the halfway point of s2 of Industry.

If you're looking for some quick shows to get through ... Reservation Dogs eps are under 30 minutes, The Patient eps are 20 - 25 mins ... Only Murders is just over / under 30 mins an ep. Mo and This Fool have short eps too.