New Dave Chappelle Special” The Closer” October 5th

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
It's crazy. Because I ain't trying to disrespect anyone. I don't get down like that. Live and let live. But they keep changing the fucking rules on the fly THEN act like we are hateful if we don't keep up. And may the gods help a person who doesn't agree with EVERYTHING.

But you struck on something. Something that isn't highlighted enough in the media. The infighting in that community. It's just that the loudest segment is controlling the narrative, mostly by bullying.

That's why I hate all this shit. They hijacked BLM with this shit from the start. Never heard of the pigs targeting a car because the driver was gay. Judges ain't checking in court. Yet they felt the need to conflate the fight against police brutality with this bullshit.

It is difficult to express just how exactly on point this is. I could not have said it better.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

I KNEW this was going to be the next tactic

I can't wait for the documentary

Cause someone on THAT side has decided that any show of balance any acceptance of anything Chappelle is saying?

Is going to do irreparable damage to their movement and message.

I wanna know who specifically are these "leaders " over there.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
@ViCiouS

I KNEW this was going to be the next tactic

I can't wait for the documentary

Cause someone on THAT side has decided that any show of balance any acceptance of anything Chappelle is saying?

Is going to do irreparable damage to their movement and message.

I wanna know who specifically are these "leaders " over there.
Nambla.png

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Two Fired and Suspended Trans Employees Have Filed Labor Charges Against Netflix
By Jennifer Zhan

Photo: AaronP/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
Two Netflix employees have filed charges of unfair labor practices against the streamer, in the latest development tied to the ongoing controversy around Dave Chappelle’s special The Closer. According to the Verge, Black trans program manager B. Pagels-Minor and trans software engineer Terra Field have alleged to the National Labor Relations Board that the streamer retaliated against them for engaging in protected activity. Chappelle’s special has been widely criticized as transphobic, and Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos has also come under fire for his response to the backlash. Pagels-Minor, who is 35 weeks pregnant, was fired while organizing a company-wide walkout of trans employees and allies on October 20. Field was suspended after she posted a critical Twitter thread about The Closer. In a statement, Netflix said it recognized the “hurt and pain caused to our trans colleagues over the last few weeks. But we want to make clear that Netflix has not taken any action against employees for either speaking up or walking out.” The streamer has alleged that Pagels-Minor was fired for leaking confidential information, a claim which Pagels-Minor has denied. According to Netflix, Field was suspended for attending a meeting without permission and reinstated once it was determined that there was no ill intent. In the labor charge, Field states that she was actually among hundreds of employees invited to the meeting. Field, who was reportedly doxxed and sent a credible death threat after speaking out about the special, has since applied for medical leave.

Per Deadline, the paperwork filed on October 27 alleges that Netflix acted in order “to quell employees from speaking up about working conditions including, but not limited to, seeking to create a safe and affirming work environment for Netflix employees, speaking up about Netflix’s products and the impact of its product choices on the LGBTQ+ community, and providing support for employees whom Netflix has treated in an unlawful and disparate manner.” The claim will now be investigated by the National Labor Relations Board, which is designed to protect the rights of most private sector employees to engage in actions such as organizing and collective bargaining. If the independent federal agency deems that a case has merit, it will attempt to facilitate a settlement or issue a complaint. “This is not just about B. and Terra, and it’s not about Dave,” Laurie Burgess, the attorney who filed the charge, told the Verge. “It’s about trying to change the culture and having an impact for others. The charge is all about collective action.”

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Two Fired and Suspended Trans Employees Have Filed Labor Charges Against Netflix
By Jennifer Zhan

Photo: AaronP/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
Two Netflix employees have filed charges of unfair labor practices against the streamer, in the latest development tied to the ongoing controversy around Dave Chappelle’s special The Closer. According to the Verge, Black trans program manager B. Pagels-Minor and trans software engineer Terra Field have alleged to the National Labor Relations Board that the streamer retaliated against them for engaging in protected activity. Chappelle’s special has been widely criticized as transphobic, and Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos has also come under fire for his response to the backlash. Pagels-Minor, who is 35 weeks pregnant, was fired while organizing a company-wide walkout of trans employees and allies on October 20. Field was suspended after she posted a critical Twitter thread about The Closer. In a statement, Netflix said it recognized the “hurt and pain caused to our trans colleagues over the last few weeks. But we want to make clear that Netflix has not taken any action against employees for either speaking up or walking out.” The streamer has alleged that Pagels-Minor was fired for leaking confidential information, a claim which Pagels-Minor has denied. According to Netflix, Field was suspended for attending a meeting without permission and reinstated once it was determined that there was no ill intent. In the labor charge, Field states that she was actually among hundreds of employees invited to the meeting. Field, who was reportedly doxxed and sent a credible death threat after speaking out about the special, has since applied for medical leave.

Per Deadline, the paperwork filed on October 27 alleges that Netflix acted in order “to quell employees from speaking up about working conditions including, but not limited to, seeking to create a safe and affirming work environment for Netflix employees, speaking up about Netflix’s products and the impact of its product choices on the LGBTQ+ community, and providing support for employees whom Netflix has treated in an unlawful and disparate manner.” The claim will now be investigated by the National Labor Relations Board, which is designed to protect the rights of most private sector employees to engage in actions such as organizing and collective bargaining. If the independent federal agency deems that a case has merit, it will attempt to facilitate a settlement or issue a complaint. “This is not just about B. and Terra, and it’s not about Dave,” Laurie Burgess, the attorney who filed the charge, told the Verge. “It’s about trying to change the culture and having an impact for others. The charge is all about collective action.”
How in theeee fuck does Netflix have so many trans employees?

Anyway, this is what they get for pandering to them. It's NEVER enough. All this drama over .8 percent of the fucking population.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
see how easy it is to sound like cacs??
FOH with that shit. Anyone who compares black people to ANY other demographic is a straight BITCH and needs to be slapped like one. Period. End of fucking story.

I can't imagine how fucked in the head someone has to be to compare weirdos to a demographic that has been enslaved, went through 100 years of Jim Crow, Jim crow 2, and still goes through systemic racism. :smh:

One of those weirdos could be driving down the street minding its business. You know, kind of like us black folks do. Pig sees the weirdo from a distance and just assumes it's a cac woman(or man). Weirdo gets to drive in peace. Black man? Well, it's a game of fucking chance isn't it?

Jesus christ. Man. Some of you cats have just been complete fucked in the head by these weirdo cacs.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FOH with that shit. Anyone who compares black people to ANY other demographic is a straight BITCH and needs to be slapped like one. Period. End of fucking story.

I can't imagine how fucked in the head someone has to be to compare weirdos to a demographic that has been enslaved, went through 100 years of Jim Crow, Jim crow 2, and still goes through systemic racism. :smh:

One of those weirdos could be driving down the street minding its business. You know, kind of like us black folks do. Pig sees the weirdo from a distance and just assumes it's a cac woman(or man). Weirdo gets to drive in peace. Black man? Well, it's a game of fucking chance isn't it?

Jesus christ. Man. Some of you cats have just been complete fucked in the head by these weirdo cacs.
I didn't compare gays to blacks I showed how your attitude is the same as cacs... who hates both groups. the rest of your post is some ranting shit I wasn't even talking about.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is what I'm talking about....a jokes a joke right?

But the fuller context of the video is no better.

“Dude. We walked in the door, and there was no white people. There was no white people,” Rogan continued, before adding, “Planet of the Apes didn’t take place in Africa, that was a racist thing for me to say.”

“But you see what I’m saying,” Rogan continued, as another man in the video cracked, “Flies automatically stuck to your head.”

Rogan went on to explain what a “positive experience” it was to see a movie in a black neighborhood, and did impressions of some of the people he met. Rogan then went on to decry the lack of black representation in films — including in “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” — and criticized a trailer in which Jonah Hill was “talking black” to a black character.

Dave just did a show with this guy and in 2019 heads had #CANCELJOEROGAN hashtags

read the posts on the thread...does it sound like cats took it as a harmless joke?

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if Dave crossed a line...it was when he said he was team TERF and essentially questioned trans peoples existence.

My thing is that comedians not just Dave need to stop hiding behind the comedy shield if theyre going to use their platform to engage in what generally can be categorized as socio-political activist speech. How Dave has gone and the people he's associating with (Joe Rogan) is leaning away from comedy and more toward commentary. And the question I have is does Dave really want to be at the forefront of some kind of impromptu social movement. Because the downside of that is once he wants to get into stuff thats juvenile and silly (cuz Dave likes his poop jokes too) he may alienate himself from the crowd that wants him to keep going hard on the lgbt community and he's already alienated gays and their supporters. Dave may find himself in a position he really had no intention on being in.

Last edited: