New Dave Chappelle Special” The Closer” October 5th

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
G handled it way better than I would have. Never saw this clip.

Yo this was a BIG DEAL at the time

And I remember this may have been the beginning of LGBTQ controlling dissenting voices within their own movement

Because INTIALLY? most sensible people of whatever gender

sided with G.

But seemed bullied to publicly say otherwise

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She was getting mostly sympathy laughs from the audience.

Some of her fans really thinks Netflix should cut her as a big a check as Dave?

That is a great definition

Cause none of that was funny and she wasn't trying

That was slitting your wrist on stage and purging pain

And I understand that many in that audience identified with her and if it brought them closure of some kind... good

But I cannot classify that as funny

That was a performance.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

And I understand that many in that audience identified with her and if it brought them closure of some kind... good

That was a performance.

When I read some of the youtube comments, they were basically relating to what she was saying, either by their personal world view or personal experience on a smaller scale (less outrageous than what Hannah was saying on stage)

That performance was a myopic spoken word. I wouldn't classify that as stand up comedy. Comedy is subjective but c'mon, sympathetic laughter does not equate to funny. Dave was right.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When I read some of the youtube comments, they were basically relating to what she was saying, either by their personal world view or personal experience on a smaller scale (less outrageous than what Hannah was saying on stage)

That performance was a myopic spoken word. I wouldn't classify that as stand up comedy. Sympathetic laughter is not funny. Dave was right.

Damn again another perfect description

listen I ain't saying it was bad by any means. It just wasn't funny.

And in a court of law as subjective as comedy is?

No judge and jury would say that woman based on the evidence presented is funny by any standard definition

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That was a performance.

No judge and jury would say that woman based on the evidence presented is funny by any standard definition

Let me preface this by saying that I’m not a gay or tranny sympathizer.

I have to get that out the way because many lack intelligence and the minute a gay person’s involved they get moist.

Regarding the video of Gadsby posted. Sometimes in comedy, it’s not supposed to be funny. She was having a real moment expressing what she’s been through. It wasn’t intended to be funny. She showed her struggle, what she’s been through and what she’s fighting for and what she’s fighting against.

Her fight is against straight white men who have ruined societies, Dave’s fight is against white people who have and continue to ruin societies.

Many would see the similarities if they looked deeper instead of only seeing “Gay”.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Let me preface this by saying that I’m not a gay or tranny sympathizer.

I have to get that out the way because many lack intelligence and the minute a gay person’s involved they get moist.

Regarding the video of Gadsby posted. Sometimes in comedy, it’s not supposed to be funny. She was having a real moment expressing what she’s been through. It wasn’t intended to be funny. She showed her struggle, what she’s been through and what she’s fighting for and what she’s fighting against.

Her fight is against straight white men who have ruined societies, Dave’s fight is against white people who have and continue to ruin societies.

Many would see the similarities if they looked deeper instead of only seeing “Gay”.

I fully understand that.

Of course that's real comedy comes from pain feeling honesty life

My point was her set up, tone, body movements, delivery and content did seem to be in any form comedic

It has nothing to do with her being a gay or a woman.

If a man had talked about being bullied and molested in the manner she did I would have said the same.

This wasn't Richard Pryor.

She was on emote.

Which is fine. That is her specific brand of comedy.

I said numerous times already i understand who she is and who her target audience is.

I'm saying i also understand why many would find that not funny. And it isn't because they don't "understand ' the gay experience.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

On another note, I suspect the Netflix's internal financials were leaked as an attempt to justify the listed demand of paying the pronoun content equal to what a guy like Dave would receive, hence the "fuck your algorithm" comment from Hannah.

That part reeks of entitlement.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
On another note, I suspect the Netflix's internal financials were leaked as an attempt to justify the listed demand of paying the pronoun content equal to what a guy like Dave would receive, hence the "fuck your algorithm" comment from Hannah.

That part reeks of entitlement.

^^^^

I know EVERYONE in Hollywood would sell their soul

Again

For a peek at all those metrics

But deep down?

A whole lot of egos and wallets would be grossly deflated if people's REAL RATINGS were revealed and used to dictate future earnings.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered

Cool.
But let's not kid ourselves:
How has straight white men running the world benefited white women?
How has straight white men running the world benefited Black men?

We are NOT the same. We are NOT in the same fight.

And the irony is that one of Chappelle's jokes from another stand up highlights this exact point:
"white women were in on the heist too. They just don't like their cut."

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I fully understand that.

Of course that's real comedy comes from pain feeling honesty life

My point was her set up, tone, body movements, delivery and content did seem to be in any form comedic

It has nothing to do with her being a gay or a woman.

If a man had talked about being bullied and molested in the manner she did I would have said the same.

This wasn't Richard Pryor.

She was on emote.

Which is fine. That is her specific brand of comedy.

I said numerous times already i understand who she is and who her target audience is.

I'm saying i also understand why many would find that not funny. And it isn't because they don't "understand ' the gay experience.

It wasn’t funny nor meant to be funny. We’re men, when men hear her talking to us\them it sounds like complaining so they don’t want to hear it.

And I don’t understand the “Gay” experience. I said people see her as gay and are no longer interested in what she’s saying. They no longer care or view anything that she’s saying as valid.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool.

And the irony is that one of Chappelle's jokes from another stand up highlights this exact point:

Bruh, I know it’s not the same fight. But it’s the same opponent.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cool.

One of Dave's best quotes.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We’re not trans so we don’t know what was disrespectful. We honestly don’t even know exactly what they were mad at? :confused:

chappelle said some things that went beyond just mocking what trans say or how they act.. he mocked and questioned their existence period.

Dave went in on trans thru out his whole netflix run so its no just one time in closer but here's an example.

I'm not saying dave shouldn't have the right to say it at all... I'm saying should anyone be surprised they took exception to that?

people forget that chappelle is a muslim so even tho he's funny AF his values and perceptions may not align with alot of people.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
chappelle said some things that went beyond just mocking what trans say or how they act.. he mocked and questioned their existence period.

Dave went in on trans thru out his whole netflix run so its no just one time in closer but here's an example.

I'm not saying dave shouldn't have the right to say it at all... I'm saying should anyone be surprised they took exception to that?

people forget that chappelle is a muslim so even tho he's funny AF his values and perceptions may not align with alot of people.

This is where it gets dicey.

Remember Andrew dice clay? Sam kinison?

We getting into a dangerous area.

Chris Rick black people v n word?

I don't think anyone is saying they don't have the RIGHT to be offended.

I didn't find Apu offensive but that ain't my call.

But no person of middle eastern descent called people racist for enjoying the character or not immediately understanding the issue.

And it's because of just how much other groups get destroyed in comedy ...and accept its jokes.

But I also understand that DAVE decided to make this his cause and has to own that too. Once you target a group you can't dictate the response.

That said?

I still feel it is wrong for one group to suddenly decide they are completely untouchable....

And EVERYONE else has to acquiesce

Cause I'm sure if black folk had received that memo?

We would have signed up for that.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is where it gets dicey.

Remember Andrew dice clay? Sam kinison?

We getting into a dangerous area.

Chris Rick black people v n word?

I don't think anyone is saying they don't have the RIGHT to be offended.

I didn't find Apu offensive but that ain't my call.

But no person of middle eastern descent called people racist for enjoying the character or not immediately understanding the issue.

And it's because of just how much other groups get destroyed in comedy ...and accept its jokes.

But I also understand that DAVE decided to make this his cause and has to own that too. Once you target a group you can't dictate the response.

That said?

I still feel it is wrong for one group to suddenly decide they are completely untouchable....

And EVERYONE else has to acquiesce

Cause I'm sure if black folk had received that memo?

We would have signed up for that.
you missed the apu controversy??? There was an indian comedy writer who did a whole documentary about it and there were a number of indians interviewed that expressed issues with that character and that a white person was doing the voice. The show stepped back from the character and the voice actor said he wasn't doing it anymore.

And I said this before and people either dodge it or have revisionist history..but when was the last time you saw a stand up comedian go in on the black community in the same or similar way dave went in on lgbt particularly trans?

I think is this a classic case of the more a group objects the harder the "offender" goes to prove their point and it becomes a feedback loop. I think Dave would have probably moved on from the first show where he said some stuff if they hadn't expressed offence.

As far as your example of black people...come on homie you know there are whole areas of joking that are off limits with blacks and jews too... In fact some of the most hard core freedom of speech trumpeting comics don't touch jews in their act...like EVER. And I said before if jokes are jokes then why not bring back blackface??

I said earlier that George Carlin would have said the similar things to Dave..but looking at this...MAYBE he wouldn't...

this was Carlin talking about Andrew Dice Clay

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ok I can see why they’d be upset with that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
you missed the apu controversy??? There was an indian comedy writer who did a whole documentary about it and there were a number of indians interviewed that expressed issues with that character and that a white person was doing the voice. The show stepped back from the character and the voice actor said he wasn't doing it anymore.

And I said this before and people either dodge it or have revisionist history..but when was the last time you saw a stand up comedian go in on the black community in the same or similar way dave went in on lgbt particularly trans?

I think is this a classic case of the more a group objects the harder the "offender" goes to prove their point and it becomes a feedback loop. I think Dave would have probably moved on from the first show where he said some stuff if they hadn't expressed offence.

As far as your example of black people...come on homie you know there are whole areas of joking that are off limits with blacks and jews too... In fact some of the most hard core freedom of speech trumpeting comics don't touch jews in their act...like EVER. And I said before if jokes are jokes then why not bring back blackface??

I said earlier that George Carlin would have said the similar things to Dave..but looking at this...MAYBE he wouldn't...

this was Carlin talking about Andrew Dice Clay

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

You misread what I wrote.

I said I was not aware of Apu as offensive at the time

And specifically because of that group speaking out I was made aware and understood better.

I stopped reading after that

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If Dave had ended it here in Equanimity he wouldn't be dealing with all this bullshit today...he said it best here.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think this post is appropriate here...

just to prove my point

“Yeah. I came to the States to get into acting, and I couldn’t even get a manager or agent, so I made a short film based on my life because I had the time to do it. I put it online, just to say, ‘This is something I wanted to do,’ and it went viral, which I didn’t ever expect. And then I got an opportunity to audition for Orange Is the New Black because they wanted to have a gender-neutral character. But I’ve also gotten backlash. And that’s when you realize you have to keep up with the terminology. When I got cast as a lesbian in Batwoman, I didn’t know that being a gender-fluid woman meant that I couldn’t be a lesbian because I’m not a woman — not considered lesbian enough.

“My initial response was ‘Pfft!’ And then I was like, ‘Wait. Let me just figure this one out. How do I right this wrong, because if someone out there is upset by this, I need to know why and how to fix it.’ That’s when I sort of said, ‘I’m a woman that identifies as a woman. I’m not trans. But if being gender-fluid means that I can’t identify as a woman at any point, then I guess I can’t be that.’ Maybe I need to make up another term, one that doesn’t step on any toes. One where I can be fluid in my gender, but also a lesbian, because otherwise I’m not sure what I am.”

giphy.gif

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I think this post is appropriate here...

just to prove my point

“Yeah. I came to the States to get into acting, and I couldn’t even get a manager or agent, so I made a short film based on my life because I had the time to do it. I put it online, just to say, ‘This is something I wanted to do,’ and it went viral, which I didn’t ever expect. And then I got an opportunity to audition for Orange Is the New Black because they wanted to have a gender-neutral character. But I’ve also gotten backlash. And that’s when you realize you have to keep up with the terminology. When I got cast as a lesbian in Batwoman, I didn’t know that being a gender-fluid woman meant that I couldn’t be a lesbian because I’m not a woman — not considered lesbian enough.

“My initial response was ‘Pfft!’ And then I was like, ‘Wait. Let me just figure this one out. How do I right this wrong, because if someone out there is upset by this, I need to know why and how to fix it.’ That’s when I sort of said, ‘I’m a woman that identifies as a woman. I’m not trans. But if being gender-fluid means that I can’t identify as a woman at any point, then I guess I can’t be that.’ Maybe I need to make up another term, one that doesn’t step on any toes. One where I can be fluid in my gender, but also a lesbian, because otherwise I’m not sure what I am.”

giphy.gif
Jesus fucking christ. That shit gave me a headache trying to read it. It's getting weirder and weirder. Even they can't keep up with the bullshit. :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jesus fucking christ. That shit gave me a headache trying to read it. It's getting weirder and weirder. Even they can't keep up with the bullshit. :lol:

And this was from a few YEARS back

Look at the dissent and confusion within their own community

So how the hell WE supposed to fully understand and appreciate things

WHEN THEIR OWN TRIBE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT?!?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

That was a performance.
Shit was a suicide note stuffed in a sports bra.

Fuck her pain. Black men in America grow up terrorized and marginalized since birth. You are a white bitch! More protected than the hybrid offspring of a Bald Eagle and a baby fucking seal. Miss me with your pain.

Go after the cac men running this shit, not dave. 50 years ago this whore would have had Dave lynched for laughing at her Marty McFly haircut.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

Fuck her pain. Black men in America grow up terrorized and marginalized since birth. You are a white bitch! More protected than the hybrid offspring of a Bald Eagle and a baby fucking seal. Miss me with your pain.

Go after the cac men running this shit, not dave. 50 years ago this whore would have had Dave lynched for laughing at her Marty McFly haircut.

Didn’t Kramer say that when he went off?

“If it was 40 years ago we would have u hanging from a tree with a pitchfork up your ass”

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
And this was from a few YEARS back

Look at the dissent and confusion within their own community

So how the hell WE supposed to fully understand and appreciate things

WHEN THEIR OWN TRIBE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT?!?
It's crazy. Because I ain't trying to disrespect anyone. I don't get down like that. Live and let live. But they keep changing the fucking rules on the fly THEN act like we are hateful if we don't keep up. And may the gods help a person who doesn't agree with EVERYTHING.

But you struck on something. Something that isn't highlighted enough in the media. The infighting in that community. It's just that the loudest segment is controlling the narrative, mostly by bullying.

That's why I hate all this shit. They hijacked BLM with this shit from the start. Never heard of the pigs targeting a car because the driver was gay. Judges ain't checking in court. Yet they felt the need to conflate the fight against police brutality with this bullshit.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's crazy. Because I ain't trying to disrespect anyone. I don't get down like that. Live and let live. But they keep changing the fucking rules on the fly THEN act like we are hateful if we don't keep up. And may the gods help a person who doesn't agree with EVERYTHING.

But you struck on something. Something that isn't highlighted enough in the media. The infighting in that community. It's just that the loudest segment is controlling the narrative, mostly by bullying.

That's why I hate all this shit. They hijacked BLM with this shit from the start. Never heard of the pigs targeting a car because the driver was gay. Judges ain't checking in court. Yet they felt the need to conflate the fight against police brutality with this bullshit.
Exactly

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

ime -whenever the rules keep changing - its usually a grift

Today I noticed that every press release over last 4-5 years about
Gender dysphoria etc... being no longer listed by WHO, or other orgs, as a mental disorder...

only announce a political result & history
but never any science