NY black couple charged their wedding guests $333 each in an effort to save money, only 60 out of 350 guests came

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
A lot of these folks blow all this money on these weddings & end up divorced in a few years..lol
Exactly, a waste of money and time.

If I ever get married, I'm not having a expensive wedding and if she's not down with that then I have 2 words for her, SUCK IT!

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Mainly women..lol I don't know how many times I've sat there with the couple & the dude is just like man I could careless about all this stuff it's what she wants..lol
Them dudes weak as fuck scared to tell her no and also the women be the ones running the household while the husband just be running around it.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Facts!
I'll take it another step...
If I go to a wedding and the couple breaks up in less than a year, after I had to travel and buy shit, I’m gonna be pissed :angry:
That's usually with happens with these expensive ass weddings that were a waste of money and time.

I'll never marry a women who want these big weddings and then after all this shit is over, we could end up getting a divorce. Makes no sense..

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Dem muthafuckas smokin boat. :smh:

9R0EaM.jpg

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
$333 x 350 people == $116,550 :hmm:
That fuckin bill is not $100,000+ so stop trying to hustle ninjas
If you can't afford to get married.....then don't get married

And if I have to chip in for YOUR wedding.....
Then yo wife better show ME what dat mouf do
Cause I want my moneys worth :hmm:

Anyone can afford to get married.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Say it again, people need to just do what works for them by having a wedding they can afford instead of going broke having an expensive wedding to try to prove a point especially if you don't know if that marriage is gonna last.
Living above your means &/or trying to hustle folks is worse

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
i have yet to run up on a man that said he wanted an expensive wedding
barely remember mine...'show up, wear this, stand here'
...happily single for many moons now
It's always the irresponsible women that love to go in debt having these expensive ass weddings.

No man would co-sign having an expensive wedding but these bird brain women out here don't listen.

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
It's always the irresponsible women that love to go in debt having these expensive ass weddings.

No man would co-sign having an expensive wedding but these bird brain women out here don't listen.

part of it is...making big decisions, usually so young and not savvy about money or the long-term consequences...even in these inflated times, can't imagine dropping 100 racks on a wedding

and the 'big day' is sold from childhood on to women...i get it, just that heavy debt is such an anchor to begin a life together with...you're going from wedding to house to kids [not necessarily in that order] at the same time your earning capacity is at it's lowest while you start careers...

ah well

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
part of it is...making big decisions, usually so young and not savvy about money or the long-term consequences...even in these inflated times, can't imagine dropping 100 racks on a wedding

and the 'big day' is sold from childhood on to women...i get it, just that heavy debt is such an anchor to begin a life together with...you're going from wedding to house to kids [not necessarily in that order] at the same time your earning capacity is at it's lowest while you start careers...

ah well
You can say all of that to a women and it would fall on deaf ears.

So, therefore, if she doesn't listen, then move on..You're not obligated to marry a women who don't believe in saving money that want to go into debt having an expensive wedding.

So, folks gotta choose their soulmate wisely on who they want to marry.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Went the to "most" weddin i've ever been to...2 l.a. hair stylists had folks fly in world-wide..she gifted him a porche/he gifted her a mercedes. They were seperated in 6mo./divorced a yr later...

giphy.gif

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Went the to "most" weddin i've ever been to...2 l.a. hair stylists had folks fly in world-wide..she gifted him a porche/he gifted her a mercedes. They were seperated in 6mo./divorced a yr later...

giphy.gif
Like I've said before and I'll say it again, a waste of time and money. People want these big expensive weddings not knowing if their marriage is gonna last long.

Meanwhile people that had a cheap wedding or affordable one have been married for decades.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I won't say how much i paid but it was a lot

I mean movies were filmed where we had the reception. We were one of the last weddings in one of the oldest churches. Rehearsal catered dinner. Like 4 limos, violins, dj plus live classical musicians, light show, doves, opera singers, ballet dancer, disposable cameras, video and photographer, multiple cakes. Open bar black label, flowers, candles, custom dress, cocktail hour and a ridiculous multiple course menu with carving station.

And it was a perfect day, but looking back?

I wouldn't recommend it. Could have put a down payment on a house.